Johan Branger signs

11 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Don't know how to put the picture on but Keegan says they should have been paid on Friday but they still haven't...

no worries, I dont do twitter thingy....just interested how we have sources that are on polar opposites and if there is an explanation that covers all. like I know:

its close season so revenue will be low as no games, the club have changed banks sort of part of the new regime and that might take time to make sure everything is set up right again, out of contract players...we need to move them on im not savvy on players contracts does not paying them motivate them (not saying we haven't), I know you've indicated that the non payments involve players so not non playing staff then?

and I have hijacked this thread so can we move it over to the takeover rumours thread so we are not posting on both?

cheers

Edited by underdog

Just now, underdog said:

no worries, I dont do twitter thingy....just interested how we have sources that are on polar opposites and if there is an explanation that covers all. like I know:

its close season so revenue will be low as no games, the club have changed banks sort of part of the new regime and that might take time to make sure everything is set up right again, out of contract players...we need to move them on im not savvy on players contracts does not paying them motivate them (not saying we haven't), I know you've indicated that the non payments involve players so not non playing staff then?

Couple of staff I know were paid at 6pm tonight. Youth team players told they will be paid tomorrow and first team squad still not paid...

10 hours ago, underdog said:

and I have hijacked this thread so can we move it over to the takeover rumours thread so we are not posting on both?

cheers

Wouldn't wages be paid from the revenue of 3,000 tickets sold?

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

On 03/07/2018 at 2:43 PM, Gaz_Oafc said:

Keith!

Johan Okeiths Branger Engone

So Branger is his middle name?

I like it.

When I saw his full name on the Fishul, I thought ‘bloody hell he’s gone already’...?

#mustgotospecsaversotheropticiansareavailable

It is somewhat telling that the first player to be signed under Bunn is a French lad from an obscure club in France and it is obvious Bunn is allowing Lesmagam to control what happens on the pitch. 

To ask that supporters give this lad a chance is fine by me, but I ask those supporters to use their own imagination and answer the following question:

1. How many of the foreign-born players that have been signed in the last 12 months can speak English?

2. Is it not likely that these players will inevitably form a clique, one which will fester and ultimately drain the notion of a team? In my view, this is partly what caused last season to descend into a disaster.

3. How many League Two champions in recent years have possessed as many foreign-born, non-English speaking players as are employed by our club?

I am afraid that models like this have been tried and invariably fail.

2 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

It is somewhat telling that the first player to be signed under Bunn is a French lad from an obscure club in France and it is obvious Bunn is allowing Lesmagam to control what happens on the pitch. 

That’s a bit of a leap.....

5 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

To ask that supporters give this lad a chance is fine by me, but I ask those supporters to use their own imagination and answer the following question:

1. How many of the foreign-born players that have been signed in the last 12 months can speak English?

2. Is it not likely that these players will inevitably form a clique, one which will fester and ultimately drain the notion of a team? In my view, this is partly what caused last season to descend into a disaster.

3. How many League Two champions in recent years have possessed as many foreign-born, non-English speaking players as are employed by our club?

Interesting. I have been advised that manager and his team saw the player in training and were happy for him to sign.

Have you been advised different?

we've not even played a  preseason friendly yet in front of fans to get any sense of the new team and tactics.

3 minutes ago, underdog said:

Interesting. I have been advised that manager and his team saw the player in training and were happy for him to sign.

we've not even played a  preseason friendly yet in front of fans to get any sense of the new team and tactics.

With all due respect,a couple of fitness sessions on little wembley are not a true indicator of the players abilities.

3 minutes ago, archiecat said:

With all due respect,a couple of fitness sessions on little wembley are not a true indicator of the players abilities.

Yep your right , maybe we'd best ask manager what he saw that made him decided to go ahead and sign him.

Or maybe we should have a little faith that it was his choice

Edited by underdog

1 minute ago, underdog said:

Yep your right , maybe we'd best ask manager what he saw that made him decided to go ahead and sign him.

Good idea, if i see him before you then i shall report back immediately :OASISscarf:

2 hours ago, underdog said:

To be fair a player with a similar profile would generally be given a couple of run outs in pre season matches before a decision on the lads ability was made especially  if a contract was to be offered, it's AL's baby and he can sign who he wants but theres no doubt about it that Bunn would have had minimal input in this lad coming on board and I suspect he is going along with AL's wishes.

3 hours ago, UpTheLatics said:

What are the actual French Lads going to do, form a non-English clique with the Dutch Curacoans? What a load of bollocks. 

1. I don't know. Do you? Or just jumping to conclusions?

2. Why is a clique inevitable? They're not from the same country or league. And even if some do hang around together, why does that necessarily mean festering and draining "the notion of a team"? Again, jumping to conclusions. 

3. Not sure what the relevance is. Not many clubs to compare against, not sure yet what our squad or starting XI will look like this season. Too early to judge whether there's a meaningful comparison. And it's arguably nonsensical to suggest that nationality (or mixtures of them) is linked to success. Taken to a silly extreme, someone could argue that the logic would mean clubs with multinational squads will get fare worse than all-British squads. Better let the Premier League clubs know, they'll be shitting themselves. 

1) From what i witnessed today they all speak English and were mixing well with all the players, laughing and joking.

2) As above everyone was mixing well as a group didn't appear to be any cliques among any of the players forming at present.

3) I don't know, do you class Irish, Welsh and Scottish as foreign born or are you taliking British? The non English speaking bit is irrelevant as they all appeared to be communicating well in English. 

So nothing for you to worry about really.

Edited by oafc1000

2 hours ago, oafc1000 said:

1) From what i witnessed today they all speak English and were mixing well with all the players, laughing and joking.

2) As above everyone was mixing well as a group didn't appear to be any cliques among any of the players forming at present.

3) I don't know, do you class Irish, Welsh and Scottish as foreign born or are you taliking British? The non English speaking bit is irrelevant as they all appeared to be communicating well in English. 

So nothing for you to worry about really.

How are Maouche and Placide doing?

I know they weren’t too involved with team spirit last year. The former went AWOL for periods, allegedly.

8 hours ago, Crusoe said:

1. I don't know. Do you? Or just jumping to conclusions?

2. Why is a clique inevitable? They're not from the same country or league. And even if some do hang around together, why does that necessarily mean festering and draining "the notion of a team"? Again, jumping to conclusions. 

3. Not sure what the relevance is. Not many clubs to compare against, not sure yet what our squad or starting XI will look like this season. Too early to judge whether there's a meaningful comparison. And it's arguably nonsensical to suggest that nationality (or mixtures of them) is linked to success. Taken to a silly extreme, someone could argue that the logic would mean clubs with multinational squads will get fare worse than all-British squads. Better let the Premier League clubs know, they'll be shitting themselves. 

It happens here and at Newcastle