Johan Branger signs

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Think you missed the point. Smiler suggested he would be a full time reserve player I dont see the point in signing a 24 year old to play reserve team football.

We  don't have a reserve team so when does he play?

6 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Luckily I was in the Royal Oldham after having my gall bladder removed. Can remember I was delighted when told the commentary would be on Radio Cavell, it soon subsided.

Never have I envied someone having surgery! 5-0 at half time my dad asked if I wanted to go.  The naive optimist in me said no...

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes great comparison that :petesake: West Ham Academy player who failed to make the grade at Upton Park as opposed to some lad who captained his pub team in Normandy. There won't be one person in football in this country whose ever heard or seen this lad yet Fitz was being watching by plenty of clubs at the time.

Erm. This guy came through Auxerre's youth system.vbit more than a pub side in Normandy. There may not be anyone in this country who has heard of him but then how many in France had heard of Fitz Hall when he was at Chesham?

3 minutes ago, RobOAFC said:

People ask that we sign non league players like Peterborough, sign a non league player and people complain...

What level did Eyres play at before he made his league debut at 25?

British non league players...

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

All this talk of comparing this lad to Vardy, Hall and Eyres is frankly bollocks.

Agree totally. The point is nobody knows how good he is, but some on here profess to know how bad he is. None of us will know until he's kicked at least one ball !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

All this talk of comparing this lad to Vardy, Hall and Eyres is frankly bollocks.

Is that a comparison before they made it or after? It's only a valid argument once you've seen them play a few games.

I seem to remember Leicester fans moaning about this 'Kante' bloke from a lower division French team not being good enough before he kicked a ball and he ain't a bad player.

How many of us know whether his game is more suited to the English game.

You never know, he could be a Fane with a goal in him.

Let's be proper, level headed Latics fans and give the unknown newbie a chance

!!!

12 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Is that a comparison before they made it or after? It's only a valid argument once you've seen them play a few games.

I seem to remember Leicester fans moaning about this 'Kante' bloke from a lower division French team not being good enough before he kicked a ball and he ain't a bad player.

!!!

Well he has a reputation of scoring goals so like you say we won’t know until we get him fit and up to speed . He’s a tall muscular type of player. 

Edited by Smiler13

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

!!!

Stop being sensible. You should know it's not allowed.

What we need is Agent Mick at every training session to see if this kid shows anything skillful. Having said that, I'm hardly surprised he's been written off before he's been here 10 minutes. Someone already mentioned Fitz Hall; Ernie Cooksey and Matt Smith came from non League and did more than OK. 

Oh, I forgot, they were English, so signing them was fine. If they'd been French <insert baseless comments here>

Edited by Bristolatic

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

What we need is Agent Mick at every training session to see if this kid shows anything skillful. Having said that, I'm hardly surprised he's been written off before he's been here 10 minutes.

I'll do my best but this sounds like a job for BP1960!

Anyway what do I know - I thought it was the other lad who was called Johan. Wonder if he'll be announced tomorrow?

2 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

!!!

Kante signed from Caen in the French top flight. He recovered more balls than any other player in Europe the season before he joined Leicester. He was heavily linked with various other top flight clubs including Arsenal, West Ham, Southampton and Newcastle.

Sorry to go all pedantic but some of these comparisons are utterly ridiculous.

I’m not writing the lad off but it stinks of another player who’s unlikely to get game time ahead of who we already have in Baxter and Byrne, these #FrenchLads caused a massive rift in the dressing room last season. AL is making similar mistakes.

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

Sorry to go all pedantic but some of these comparisons are utterly ridiculous.

Be as pedantic as you like but the point is still valid. I find it amazing that the standard of French football is either top quality or absolute garbage to suit an argument. I have friends in the Midlands who slated Leicester for buying Konte because he played for a club outside the top 3 and was considered 'not very good otherwise we would have heard of him'. That opinion changed after they watched him a couple of times.

32 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Be as pedantic as you like but the point is still valid. I find it amazing that the standard of French football is either top quality or absolute garbage to suit an argument. I have friends in the Midlands who slated Leicester for buying Konte because he played for a club outside the top 3 and was considered 'not very good otherwise we would have heard of him'. That opinion changed after they watched him a couple of times.

This would be a fair argument if it wasn't littered with inaccuracies. 

• Like 1

What level was Solihull Moor when we acquired Matt Smith?

Chesham was a much lower standard when we spotted Fitz Hall.  Same with Wayne Andrews.

Cannot believe people are writing this lad without seeing him play and because we haven’t snatched him from PSG fringe squad.

13 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

What level was Solihull Moor when we acquired Matt Smith?

Chesham was a much lower standard when we spotted Fitz Hall.  Same with Wayne Andrews.

Cannot believe people are writing this lad without seeing him play and because we haven’t snatched him from PSG fringe squad.

British players know the intensity, know the mentality.

There's no way this lad is going to be any better than a lad playing in Conference/Conference North.