RIP Opinions4u

Just now, underdog said:

What a shame..I know a few more like you..but the mods do a brilliant job of keeping this going on a shoe string and only ask for donations. We can let it die.

The reply I had when I was talking to Bristol Latic is a pure example...

2 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

The reply I had when I was talking to Bristol Latic is a pure example...

Ignore him he's a nutter...haha.... In fact I know Bristol and owtb brought us together when he ventures upto BP with his partner in crime  Macca.

1 minute ago, underdog said:

Ignore him he's a nutter...haha.... In fact I know Bristol and owtb brought us together when he ventures upto BP with his partner in crime  MaccaO4

O4U would have loved the reply, it's a shame, I know lots of exiles who no longer post, BP1960 is an absolute gent but just gets ripped. 

7 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I am an old stick and techno phobe to be honest. But I try an post on here exactly what I would say we were face to face, in a pub havin a shandy (cough, cough).

respect is the key...now I have kidnapped this thread. Don't give up on this message board, it's run by volunteers on a shoe string and gives all on outlet of news, gossip etc in a social media world on the one focus we have...our club.

59 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Any thoughts to renaming The Terraces Latics forum to Opinions4u?

Obviously with the family's blessing.

I have seen other forums with dedicated headings for those no longer with us in their memory, on this occasion I personally think it would be totally fitting, obviously with the families consent. 

4 hours ago, underdog said:

Ignore him he's a nutter...haha.... In fact I know Bristol and owtb brought us together when he ventures upto BP with his partner in crime  Macca.

Thanks for those few kind words Tracy. I'll get ya; you know that, don't you? And Mac is not the Macca that was on here. In fact, Mac isn't on here at all. Let's just say that his PC skills have just allowed him to progress from a quill to a Bic biro. Great bloke though.

4 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

I don't post on here anymore, I read,  it's become quite toxic.

Oi, just get yer jacksy back on here. Oops, sorry,  I meant to say "I say, old bean, I don't suppose you fancy rejoining these fine upstanding ladies and gents, do you, what? It's rather spiffing and I think perchance you could be missing out. Ticky Pip." (No one but us  will have a bloody clue what Ticky Pip is all about).

4 hours ago, mick26 said:

Any thoughts to renaming The Terraces Latics forum to Opinions4u?

Obviously with the family's blessing.

What a cracking idea and a wonderful tribute to Dave, who was an excellent poster on here, plus all he did with Playershare. It would keep his memory alive.

Edited by Bristolatic

On 20 July 2018 at 8:03 PM, Lukers1 said:

I don't post on here anymore, I read,  it's become quite toxic.

This is sadly true, but I refuse to let it kick me off as I have spent over 15 years pn here JKL and the official message board. There is always a few bad apples there was then, its the banter I like and the sometimes tea spittingly funny comments made that makes it still a place to be... I find if a post is getting toxic I just dont read on.

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 8:21 AM, 4oakslatic said:

I must say, I don’t post often but I read regularly. I feel that when I do post I feel looked down on . We should rename this in o4u  memory and try to be decent to each other.    

I suspect the level of toxicity has a 100% correlation to on field success - hence it has become more toxic.

On 20/07/2018 at 9:31 PM, yarddog73 said:

I have seen other forums with dedicated headings for those no longer with us in their memory, on this occasion I personally think it would be totally fitting, obviously with the families consent. 

Any tribute you see fit is fine by me. I think he'd like this one, but I wouldn't want to change it and upset other fans. 

9 hours ago, oafcmad09 said:

Any tribute you see fit is fine by me. I think he'd like this one, but I wouldn't want to change it and upset other fans. 

If something can be done then with his sons blessing I'm more than happy to contribute if there is cost involved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...