4 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I don’t think we’ve ever started a season with such weak attacking options and that’s counting  Robinson’s season. We need bryne and Baxter, if bryne doesn’t go before the start surely he has to play rather than rotting training with the kids

Byrne is a difficult one for Bunn. He’s seemingly laid down a strict code of conduct for the players and Byrne has obviously stepped way out of line. Personally I think he’s finished at the club, I think Bunn doesn’t want anybody who can’t fit in with the team ethic and basic rules that the management team have spelt out to the players. Can’t blame him for that. Sets down a marker for all the other players.

Could do with getting him off the wage bill ASAP if that’s the case so the money can be put towards a striker.

The trouble is though that Byrne is developing such a bad reputation for himself that other clubs might not be willing to take a chance on him.

10 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

The trouble is though that Byrne is developing such a bad reputation for himself that other clubs might not be willing to take a chance on him.

Byrne has shown his obvious quality at League one level. Someone will always be willing to take a chance on him at that level and even the level below. 

The issue will be his rumoured massive wage, not a lot of clubs can afford it. We may have to send him out on loan to get him even partially off the wage bill, if he isn't going to play. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

It's a good point you make, even the likes of Poleon would stand out in this rabble of striker options, AL surely must have a major signing lined up because it's difficult to see that these players we've seen are starters.

That’s what I’m hoping, but why leave it so late ? Team bonding, match fitness etc. Even if it was so how Doyle, this isn’t the same squad 

1 hour ago, laticsmarra said:

Byrne won't play if you are on the wrong side of AL that's it. He had Fane suspended when we needed him in our relegation fight.

Joe Royle was on the right side of AL today, sat in the North Stand.....just sayin'.

Some pictures:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/diego_sideburns/albums/72157696381256982

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

7 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

Is that Peter Ridsdale on the back row? White jacket and grey hair?

Yes! He's advisor to the owner at PNE.

I wonder if Joe Royle fancies a place on the board now he's left Everton? Probably not, but at least he'll get to visit more now.

2 hours ago, dec666 said:

If he starts listening to Royle's opinions we are in trouble.

Yes, ignore the greatest figure in the history of the club. Very wise. We'd be in trouble if we listen to him. Who knows, we might finish up in the fourth division rather than being founder members of the Premier League. 

53 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Big joe being there makes me happy 

And me!

46 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Yes, ignore the greatest figure in the history of the club. Very wise. We'd be in trouble if we listen to him. Who knows, we might finish up in the fourth division rather than being founder members of the Premier League. 

The man who gave us a 1 win in 9, Dave Penney, George Green and Courtney Duffus. I'm sure there's more.

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

Yes! He's advisor to the owner at PNE.

I wonder if Joe Royle fancies a place on the board now he's left Everton? Probably not, but at least he'll get to visit more now.

Joe’s been offered a DoF role at Wigan once/if their takeover goes through. 

9 hours ago, dec666 said:

The man who gave us a 1 win in 9, Dave Penney, George Green and Courtney Duffus. I'm sure there's more.

Conveniently forgetting, Joe managed us to the 2nd Division Championship, a League Cup Final and 2 FA Cup Semi-Finals

All whilst playing the most exciting football in the Clubs history

dec666 you're an absolute Doughnut !!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Conveniently forgetting, Joe managed us to the 2nd Division Championship, a League Cup Final and 2 FA Cup Semi-Finals

All whilst playing the most exciting football in the Clubs history

dec666 you're an absolute Doughnut !!

That was nearly 30 years ago, the game has moved on.

His recommendations over the last 10 years have been absolutely useless.

3 minutes ago, dec666 said:

That was nearly 30 years ago, the game has moved on.

His recommendations over the last 10 years have been absolutely useless.

So because he was the most successful manager in our history “30 years ago” you don’t  want him anywhere near the club ??‍♂️. I very much doubt he his there to assist the manager. For me it shows that hopefully AL isn’t the devil he is being made out to be, joe wouldn’t associate with someone he feels is destroying the club. He will also be talking with Frankie, who must be saying positive things.