Jack Byrne ❤️

2 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I assume you are referring to Davies and Gerrard as the wrong type !

Both of these wrong types have quickly got fixed up away from here, all depends on your idea of a wrong type.

Maybe they thought that the owner of our club is the wrong type, afterall they know more than us. I am pretty sure Jack Byrne thinks the Owner may be the wrong type now.

Too many people are overly critical to Byrne,Gerrard and Davies whilst Lemsagam is viewed as some sort of Hero. 

You may be wrong, you may be very wrong..... 

Who is viewing AL ad a hero? Pick one post 

4 minutes ago, archiecat said:

No fluffy, you show me a post that says he is out of order

You really are competing to be the biggest ? end on here aren’t ya ? Not sure you’re  upto it though. Competition is tough with KIG and his apprentice Ryan still at the top of their games. Keep on keeping on though it’s not at all boring as fuck. 

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

You really are competing to be the biggest ? end on here aren’t ya ? Not sure you’re  upto it though. Competition is tough with KIG and his apprentice Ryan still at the top of their games. Keep on keeping on though it’s not at all boring as fuck. 

Once i have given you another 50 downvotes then i will be competing with you i reckon.

In the meantime either add to the discussion or move on

5 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

6 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I assume you are referring to Davies and Gerrard as the wrong type !

Both of these wrong types have quickly got fixed up away from here, all depends on your idea of a wrong type.

Maybe they thought that the owner of our club is the wrong type, afterall they know more than us. I am pretty sure Jack Byrne thinks the Owner may be the wrong type now.

Too many people are overly critical to Byrne,Gerrard and Davies whilst Lemsagam is viewed as some sort of Hero. 

You may be wrong, you may be very wrong..... 

Please take note I mentioned no names and therefore I ask you are you not paranoid and over protective of the players you have named. I wrote my post in response to watching and listening to examples of video links posted. So do you not agree that there is a better feeling at the club than there has been for a long time. The players playing in our current team are not playing as individuals who think that they are better than they actually are, they are playing as a team and fighting for each other. The management are taking no sides with players as was the case last season and are creating a happy bunch of players who want to do well for the club. The atmosphere is improving all the time due to the positive attitude of the playing management and long may it continue. As for the owner if I had pumped millions into a club where I thought there was potential and I had been let down badly by my staff, I too would be trying to get to the cause and get rid of personal who where not prepared to give 100%+ for the club that I had heavily invested in. I personally think AL is doing a good job. The ground improvements are very wellcome and he’s appointed a management team who actually care about OAFC. We have had two stands named and signed in honour of the best two managers that we have ever had. I am not saying he didn’t make mistakes last season because he would admit himself that he has but this season starting with a new approach and positive people around him I think he’s made a good start and we should all get behind him, the playing management team and the players that now seem to care for the club that they are employed with. Past playing staff to me are no longer important, they are the past and they are entitled to their opinions on what ever media they wish to express it as you or I am. That’s what makes this an Opinions for you forum . We express our thoughts one way or an other. It’s called freedom of speech. 

Jack Byrne our only superstar midfielder in the last 20+ years in league 1 who had his attitude questioned by 2 former clubs, constantly by his ex manager, his current manager and the fans for long spells all while getting relegated to the 4th Division. Move him on and forget about him. More trouble than he's worth. 

From what I've seen the only other 'professional' that has come out and defended him is that fat fuck at Carlisle. 

Edited by palmer1

20 minutes ago, archiecat said:

No fluffy, you show me a post that says he is out of order

He isn't being hailed as a hero. Most people have concerns. Many of those concerns have been raised many times. He's also likely not the devil incarnate. 

I'd say he's somewhere in the middle.

If he feels it necessary to protect his investment and improve the club by removing people he sees as trouble makers or not good enough then that's up to him. He's already spent a hell of a lot, some not very wisely.

He can't after such a short time be painted as hero or villain.

2 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Please take note I mentioned no names and therefore I ask you are you not paranoid and over protective of the players you have named. I wrote my post in response to watching and listening to examples of video links posted. So do you not agree that there is a better feeling at the club than there has been for a long time. The players playing in our current team are not playing as individuals who think that they are better than they actually are, they are playing as a team and fighting for each other. The management are taking no sides with players as was the case last season and are creating a happy bunch of players who want to do well for the club. The atmosphere is improving all the time due to the positive attitude of the playing management and long may it continue. As for the owner if I had pumped millions into a club where I thought there was potential and I had been let down badly by my staff, I too would be trying to get to the cause and get rid of personal who where not prepared to give 100%+ for the club that I had heavily invested in. I personally think AL is doing a good job. The ground improvements are very wellcome and he’s appointed a management team who actually care about OAFC. We have had two stands named and signed in honour of the best two managers that we have ever had. I am not saying he didn’t make mistakes last season because he would admit himself that he has but this season starting with a new approach and positive people around him I think he’s made a good start and we should all get behind him, the playing management team and the players that now seem to care for the club that they are employed with. Past playing staff to me are no longer important, they are the past and they are entitled to their opinions on what ever media they wish to express it as you or I am. That’s what makes this an Opinions for you forum . We express our thoughts one way or an other. It’s called freedom of speech. 

Was i wrong with the names? if so i apologise for jumping the gun.

I agree with many things you say, the atmosphere among the staff and players appears from the outside healthy which i do put down to the effect Bunn and Rhodes are having at the club,this is a positive aspect.

There are some things the owner has done which are positive,as you say the naming of the stands but then his management of the club staff has been questionable to say the least.

I do respect what you and other posters say but there are too many here who will not look at both sides of an argument and just want to instantly dismiss everything certain people post without offering a different opinion.

Good and bad everywhere. 

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He isn't being hailed as a hero. Most people have concerns. Many of those concerns have been raised many times. He's also likely not the devil incarnate. 

I'd say he's somewhere in the middle.

If he feels it necessary to protect his investment and improve the club by removing people he sees as trouble makers or not good enough then that's up to him. He's already spent a hell of a lot, some not very wisely.

He can't after such a short time be painted as hero or villain.

Thank you for that.

I am struggling to understand why Byrne hasn't been sacked, if i had so much invested then wouldn't it be prudent to just remove any hindrance immediately.

Then again, everyone makes mistakes but does everyone admit when they are wrong ! 

1 minute ago, archiecat said:

Was i wrong with the names? if so i apologise for jumping the gun.

I agree with many things you say, the atmosphere among the staff and players appears from the outside healthy which i do put down to the effect Bunn and Rhodes are having at the club,this is a positive aspect.

There are some things the owner has done which are positive,as you say the naming of the stands but then his management of the club staff has been questionable to say the least.

I do respect what you and other posters say but there are too many here who will not look at both sides of an argument and just want to instantly dismiss everything certain people post without offering a different opinion.

Good and bad everywhere. 

I think if you read back my above post you will read that I said that he’s admitted his mistakes of last season and that he’s trying to make a new start. Yes I have got concerns about him like many others however he’s a new owner with very little experience of running a football club. He’s invested heavily, made mistakes and paid the price for those mistakes. In life we all make mistakes that’s because we are not robots we are humans and I always think that people should be given another chance to right the wrongs that they are guilty of. So as far as I am concerned the Jury is still out on AL , however he does seem to be not medalling in team affairs and he is trying to bring a better feel good factor to the club so I am prepared at this moment of time to give him the benefit of the doubt. I do though understand your concerns. 

40 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Jack Byrne our only superstar midfielder in the last 20+ years in league 1 who had his attitude questioned by 2 former clubs, constantly by his ex manager, his current manager and the fans for long spells all while getting relegated to the 4th Division. Move him on and forget about him. More trouble than he's worth. 

From what I've seen the only other 'professional' that has come out and defended him is that fat fuck at Carlisle. 

Speaking out/being anything other than submissive gets you the sack at BP these days so can't blame anyone for keeping a low profile...

3 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Groundsman, kitman, cameraman, academy administrator all gone in the last month or so. 

Everyone mostly agrees that the club behind the scenes has been run terribly for years. Is it such a bad thing that those doing that running have been shown the door?

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Everyone mostly agrees that the club behind the scenes has been run terribly for years. Is it such a bad thing that those doing that running have been shown the door?

Not sure Alan Howarth and Steve Cross were making too many decisions that would affect the way the club was being run. 

Byrnatics!  From a perspective of 66 years and 26 as a season ticket holder if the devil has been sacked can we not spend the next few weeks arguing about why and should he and just move on.  This is one player I will only look back upon with sadness because his failures outweigh any success he has had.  What a waste.