Jack Byrne ❤️

53 minutes ago, cmr said:

Anyone questioning his ability obviously didn't go to Blackburn at home last season or any other game for that matter

It’s not so much his ability, it’s more his attitude. You need both really but he can’t seem to see it. I’ve said it before, he needs to grow up quickly if he really wants to be a professional footballer otherwise before he knows it he will be looked on as ‘not worth the hassle’ and he’ll end up back in Ireland.

Edited by Gary1906
Typo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Forgive my ignorance and to save me having to find my glasses to go back through war and peace, what exactly is the extent of Fane's injury?

Edit: in terms of severity

Broken fibula (not femur, I'm fairly certain) and dislocated ankle. Out until at least Christmas.

33 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Broken fibula (not femur, I'm fairly certain) and dislocated ankle. Out until at least Christmas.

Exactly what I had and what Luke Shaw had.

He’ll get better treatment than I will and not as good as what Shaw got

3 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

It’s not so much his ability, it’s more his attitude. You need both really but he can’t seem to see it. I’ve said it before, he needs to grow up quickly if he really wants to be a professional footballer otherwise before he knows it he will be looked on as ‘not worth the hassle’ and he’ll end up back in Ireland.

That's a given although we're having to judge on speculation and rumours. I was responding to the people that were questioning his ability.

Funny how fickle fans can be. Lee Hughes, majority of fans were willing to completely overlook what he did and the rumours from behind the scenes that he was still a massive tw@ and a big disruption in the dressing room. What Jacks rumoured to have done pales in comparison but the majority have written him off already.

6 minutes ago, cmr said:

That's a given although we're having to judge on speculation and rumours. I was responding to the people that were questioning his ability.

Funny how fickle fans can be. Lee Hughes, majority of fans were willing to completely overlook what he did and the rumours from behind the scenes that he was still a massive tw@ and a big disruption in the dressing room. What Jacks rumoured to have done pales in comparison but the majority have written him off already.

Spot on. People making out like he’s gone on a full Nile Ranger rampage when in reality he just gave that tart Wellens a bit of lip when he made moronic substitutions. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cmr said:

I think you're manipulating timelines to support your argument here. When Hughes came out of prison he showed contrition, offered to do school visits and seemed to be ok for a while. It was towards the end of his 2 year contract when he started being a dick again.

3 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

I have never said that he does not posses ability or that he’s not technically gifted. He’s got loads of both however the problem is he doesn’t use it enough. If he had played well at the end of last season we would be still in League1 and if he was that brilliant dont you think that teams would be queing up to sign him but they are not interested. That’s why I say he’s over rated. He’s been the same at every club that’s signed him. 

So what happens now? Looks like he’s not going. Do we leave him to rot while paying him (5k?) a lot of money...

Do we play him and hope he gives his all? 

Do we play him and he doesn’t give a fuck? 

Club have messed up big time here! 

5 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Not necessarily he could be loaned out to non league or have his contract terminated . No other league club wants him and I wonder why????

Hopefully this is the wakeup call he needs. 

7 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

So what happens now? Looks like he’s not going. Do we leave him to rot while paying him (5k?) a lot of money...

Do we play him and hope he gives his all? 

Do we play him and he doesn’t give a fuck? 

Club have messed up big time here! 

I honestly don’t get AL’s Stance here. 

Either kiss and make up. 

Sack him. (If he warrants it)

or pay him off. (Have done with the saga)

Why would anyone pay somebody to literally do nothing?? The only thing I can conclude is that AL sees it as a big F**k You.  To take some satisfaction that he’s stopping him playing, and letting him rot. 

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Either kiss and make up. 

Sack him. (If he warrants it)

or pay him off. (Have done with the saga)

Why would anyone pay somebody to literally do nothing?? The only thing I can conclude is that AL sees it as a big F**k You.  To take some satisfaction that he’s stopping him playing, and letting him rot. 

Maybe he wants to keep him but he's got to 'muck in' and be part of the team in a division he made a major contribution towards getting us into.

18 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Maybe he wants to keep him but he's got to 'muck in' and be part of the team in a division he made a major contribution towards getting us into.

Spot on.

He didn’t want to play in League Two.  Now he has no choice.  Hopefully he accepts his fate and stops withdrawing his labour.  The vast majority would love to see him playing for Latics again.  Fans, manager and owner. 

The ball is in your court Jack.

58 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Either kiss and make up. Too stubborn

Sack him. (If he warrants it) Probably couldn't get away with it 

or pay him off. (Have done with the saga) Total non starter

Why would anyone pay somebody to literally do nothing?? The only thing I can conclude is that AL sees it as a big F**k You.  To take some satisfaction that he’s stopping him playing, and letting him rot. Seems like a fair shout

58 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Spot on.

He didn’t want to play in League Two.  Now he has no choice.  Hopefully he accepts his fate and stops withdrawing his labour.  The vast majority would love to see him playing for Latics again.  Fans, manager and owner. 

????

is this real?

1 hour ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Spot on.

You seem to have the inside track on this given it goes against what has been said elsewhere.

39 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

AC.....do you wake up in the morning and think "I'm going to bore the message board again with my thoughts on the chairman"?

Nope, although if you like i can p m you every day just to keep you up to speed  :chubb:

1 hour ago, archiecat said:
  2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Either kiss and make up. Too stubborn

Sack him. (If he warrants it) Probably couldn't get away with it 

or pay him off. (Have done with the saga) Total non starter

Why would anyone pay somebody to literally do nothing?? The only thing I can conclude is that AL sees it as a big F**k You.  To take some satisfaction that he’s stopping him playing, and letting him rot. Seems like a fair shout

On 8/26/2018 at 3:07 PM, archiecat said:

Stick your bold type cretin

Hey Archie, you learnt some new skills this week or just copying other posters? Comments going down well as usual on here.