Jack Byrne ❤️

16 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Back onto Jack. He's not even around the club at the moment...

I hope that if he doesn't move anywhere that the lynch mob on here don't hold him responsible for any lack of incoming deals.

I certainly wouldn't be railroaded in to moving somewhere i didn't want to be.

12 minutes ago, mick26 said:

I thought I saw him talking to someone near the dugout yesterday when I was in the gym.

Couldn't be sure but certainly looked like him.

He has been training with a personal trainer for over a week - not even kicking a ball with the youths at the moment...

*his personal trainer is Dave Norris, who played for Ipswich and a few other clubs...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He has been training with a personal trainer for over a week - not even kicking a ball with the youths at the moment...

*his personal trainer is Dave Norris, who played for Ipswich and a few other clubs...

Yes I've seen that but was 90% sure it was him - could be groundstaff but looked like he was in training gear and who he talked to looked like backroom staff.

Walked in front of Chaddy End towards wembley but not there when I went over to watch training which is why I didn't mention it.

Any ideas on the 2 lads training?

59 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Dave Norris once hit 11 out of 10 targets with only 9 shots.

Sorry, wrong Norris.

10 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

I'm calling Stewart Lee a mug.

How did this topic get on to Stewart Lee?

whilst it’s there though, me and my eldest son went to see him in London a few years ago and ended up in an audience pic on the front cover of his next book , random

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stewart-Prefer-Milder-Comedian-Please/dp/0571279848/ref=nodl_

Edited by stevesidg

4 hours ago, stevesidg said:

How did this topic get on to Stewart Lee?

whilst it’s there though, me and my eldest son went to see him in London a few years ago and ended up in an audience pic on the front cover of his next book , random

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stewart-Prefer-Milder-Comedian-Please/dp/0571279848/ref=nodl_

It was my fault, but only because someone else mentioned Game of Bastod Thrones.

For the little that it's worth, I really enjoyed his latest live show, the BBC also broadcast it recently (Content Provider).

If you like Stewart Lee then do all you can to try and get to see Daniel Kitson. Not easy to get tickets but more than worth the effort.

Flee Jack Byrne.

Edited by Magic Mikey
JB

14 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Possibly in talks somewhere?  ..it’s looking increasingly likely that we won’t see him in a blue shirt again.

This has gone on for too long and I have a gut feeling he won’t play even if he’s here until January.

That would be an epicshambles.

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

It was my fault, but only because someone else mentioned Game of Bastod Thrones.

For the little that it's worth, I really enjoyed his latest live show, the BBC also broadcast it recently (Content Provider).

If you like Stewart Lee then do all you can to try and get to see Daniel Kitson. Not easy to get tickets but more than worth the effort.

Flee Jack Byrne.

Game of Thrones is responsible for my binge watching addiction. Until Mikey mentioned Stewart Lee, i had never heard of him. Now i am binge watching Stewart Lee on You Tube waiting for the one on Jack Byrne. Talk about 6 degrees of separation

39 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Game of Thrones is responsible for my binge watching addiction. Until Mikey mentioned Stewart Lee, i had never heard of him. Now i am binge watching Stewart Lee on You Tube waiting for the one on Jack Byrne. Talk about 6 degrees of separation

You need to watch his full stand up show "Content Provider" to see the GOT piss take. Might still be on the BBC iPlayer if you can access that over there. "It's not just about dragons Stu". I've never actually seen GOT but the entire genre does nothing for me.

I hope that we do see Byrne in a Latics shirt again.

He's been a dick but aren't most of the kids who've come through Academies where they earn more than those playing competitive football in the lower leagues? An in form Byrne would only improve our squad and team. Other players have been "re-integrated" and I'd rather have a player with his potential in the Latics squad than another club's squad. I made personal and work mistakes at his age, to be fair, not stopped doing them! He's a young kid with more ahead of him than behind him, I hope this period in the wilderness at a club in the wilderness helps him develop as a person but the only way he can do that is to prove to Bunn and Abdallah that he is worthy of a place back in the squad and then from there, in the team.

He isn't the first player to have gone through a team mate in training and put them out for months and won't be the last. I'm a massive fan of Fane and think with him on the pitch we'd have more cover for our young defence so am pretty pissed off that Byrne crocked him but would welcome him back if Byrne shows contrition. Then once he got back in passed the ball a bit more rather than trying to do everything himself but we're a long way from that.

He might get lucky and get picked up by a League One club if we release him to get this behind us but I think we'd be slightly cutting our nose off to spite our face. Being able to bring Byrne back in to the squad and team around October could give us a massive boost, we've no other way of getting a player that comfortable on the ball any other way. Get his head right, get the apologies right and a good spell in the first team under his belt we could all be winners in the January window, either through offloading him for a good price, or on better terms, sell-ons and other clauses. Or we've a player that can only improve the team and give Bunn options wanting to stay and play.

I work with enough people that I'd happily throttle but respect their skills so put up with several layers of nonsense, it's up to Byrne to decide if he wants his reputation to be one of being a dick or one who has dickish qualities but does his talking with the ball and gets results.

For the record, I like Game of Thrones and Stewart Lee. Lee's Content Provider show is one of the best pieces of stand up I've seen recently and am looking forward to the conclusion of GoT soon! The Norm McDonald, Sarah Silverman and Chris Rock stand up specials on Netflix are quality, Norm and Sarah's are masterclasses in comedy in my view

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Flee Jack Byrne.

Cheers 

i’ll watch out for Daniel Kitson 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beag_teeets said:

Kitson also recommended, he did a 2 hour show at the Royal Exchange last year, towards the end I was sore from laughing. Unbelievable comic.

I was at that show too. I was also in pain from laughing, I was seriously struggling to breathe. Daniel Kitson, always on the peep.

57 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

You need to watch his full stand up show "Content Provider" to see the GOT piss take. Might still be on the BBC iPlayer if you can access that over there. "It's not just about dragons Stu". I've never actually seen GOT but the entire genre does nothing for me.

Game of Thrones is ok but it's got to be the most over rated series ever... 

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Game of Thrones is ok but it's got to be the most over rated series ever... 

It's better than okay. Even if you can't get into it, it's easy to see why it's such a popular show. It's a complete epic, every episode, high budget, brilliantly acted, directed, top notch cinematography. And it's based on a book series which is a equally as enthralling. 

I couldn't get into Breaking Bad. I'd hardly call it over rated. I can see why people like it, it just wasn't for me. 

Calling something over rated, is a tad pretentious just because you're not a fan of it imo.

5 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

It's better than okay. Even if you can't get into it, it's easy to see why it's such a popular show. It's a complete epic, every episode, high budget, brilliantly acted, directed, top notch cinematography. And it's based on a book series which is a equally as enthralling. 

I couldn't get into Breaking Bad. I'd hardly call it over rated. I can see why people like it, it just wasn't for me. 

Calling something over rated, is a tad pretentious just because you're not a fan of it imo.

Where did I say I'm not a fan? I've watched it all.

It's alright but doesn't warrant the way people rave about it, in my opinion.