Mansfield (a)

Just now, Bristolatic said:

Baxter and Graham on for Lang and Dummigan. Graham for Dummigan is a bit odd unless it's an injury.

Changing the shape, surely. 3-5-2 with wing backs, and Baxter in behind a front two? If so, I hope it works. Been wanting to see how Baxter does playing behind a front two.

The substitutions are fucking mystifying, I have been critical of Bunn and I hope we somehow get something but to persist with the two sloths upfront is fucking depressing and I'm seriously worried about the managers ability to spot what's wrong. 

Edited by yarddog73

Just now, OAFCinWolves said:

Beginning to think bunn is clueless.

Swapped the right back he had playing right wing for a centre half

And 

Swapped the centre forward he had playing left wing for another forward well having to wingers on the bench

We've switched to 3-5-2.

If you have 2 big immobile units uptop like Miller and O'grady then you are pretty much telling the opposition back 4 to play 10 yards further up the pitch as you know they wont run in behind you and cause any damage.

Its alright when its the last 15 minutes and you are throwing the ball in the box because the opposition is going to be deep anyway but if you are away from home then you need to some legs to counter attack.

Edited by GlossopLatic

3 minutes ago, OAFCinWolves said:

Beginning to think bunn is clueless.

Swapped the right back he had playing right wing for a centre half

And 

Swapped the centre forward he had playing left wing for another forward well having to wingers on the bench

Its called a change of formation and it’s worked so far.

Much better this half. 

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If you have 2 big immobile units uptop like Miller and O'grady then you are pretty much telling the opposition back 4 to play 10 yards further up the pitch as you know they wont run in behind you and cause any damage.

The only option off the bench is Benteke. I think Lang is too lightweight to play down the middle and he has said in interviews he is used to playing out wide, left and right. I'd have expected Nepomuceno to be used though.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

One of them pulls out wide on occasion to allow space for your midfield, e.g. Baxter to run into.  Simplest.