Mansfield (a)

That was absolutely shambolic from the management. I can’t take anything away from the players, they are doing ok for what they are being dealt... apart from Gardner... he’s a fraud.

May as well not play with any midfielders at all, especially away. 

Thought Iverson, Clarke, edmundson, hunt and Missilou were outstanding. Gardner and the forwards were embarrassing. Long ball after long ball which comes straight back at us and we are under constant pressure. We only ever create anything once Baxter comes on... START HIM. O Grady is painful to watch sometimes but he’s alright with Surridge next to him,  not another big lump like miller. Taylor struggled but he always does when Nepo isn’t in front of him. 

When surridge isn’t fit, he must start Lang up front with o Grady and he must find a shape to play Baxter in too. 

Its alright saying we don’t concede and we are unbeaten away but we don’t even try and win a game, we were time wasting from the 20th minute tonight... if we actually attacked then we would be a lot higher than 8th cause this league is absolute shocking. And we aren’t exactly tearing it up at home.

Team selection and tactics are a huge problem and he’s in danger of things turning sour very quickly.

Dont even lie and say you try and win games either... cause you don’t.

29 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Get rid, he’s clueless. Even kelly could get us playing better in this league and higher up

He could do more no doubt but while his plan seems flawed and limited, he certainly has a clue what he's doing.

Sorry but thinking Kelly is better and thinking we should get rid is a ridiculous thing to say.

15 minutes ago, kev1969 said:

Miller was awful second half performance a disgrace he should never play again ...Needed pace up front the stood on half way line knew we could not get past them 

He was just an awful signing. I said it at the time. He was way way past that old pro who you think might have one good spell left in him. 

He hasn’t.

Immobile. Unfit. No first touch. 

Bunn is turning into Robinson. 

Absoluley do not concede. Then try an nick something- I don’t mind that in away games to be fair. You can’t knock our away record. 

Very different at home though!  If Surridge is out on Saturday- Bunn’s team selection will be very interesting.

Where is our threat??

Oh. . and before I forget. 

GET BAXTER GET IN THE F**KING SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

28 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

That was absolutely shambolic from the management. I can’t take anything away from the players, they are doing ok for what they are being dealt... apart from Gardner... he’s a fraud.

May as well not play with any midfielders at all, especially away. 

Thought Iverson, Clarke, edmundson, hunt and Missilou were outstanding. Gardner and the forwards were embarrassing. Long ball after long ball which comes straight back at us and we are under constant pressure. We only ever create anything once Baxter comes on... START HIM. O Grady is painful to watch sometimes but he’s alright with Surridge next to him,  not another big lump like miller. Taylor struggled but he always does when Nepo isn’t in front of him. 

When surridge isn’t fit, he must start Lang up front with o Grady and he must find a shape to play Baxter in too. 

Its alright saying we don’t concede and we are unbeaten away but we don’t even try and win a game, we were time wasting from the 20th minute tonight... if we actually attacked then we would be a lot higher than 8th cause this league is absolute shocking. And we aren’t exactly tearing it up at home.

Team selection and tactics are a huge problem and he’s in danger of things turning sour very quickly.

Dont even lie and say you try and win games either... cause you don’t.

Bang on?

Someone posted on twitter sarcastically '12th tier sides have more mobile attacks than us'

Made me think, surely we could pluck two from the 8th tier who'd look more likely to score than Miller and COG. Not blaming them but there's no movement, aerial chances or anything. One of them with a more mobile lad might work but together we look toothless!

Mansfield are the best team we have played.They are well organised and have very tricky wingers who can actually cross the ball.We were lucky not to be 4-0 down at half time but for the cross bar and our brill keeper who was Motm. Clarke and George kept a lot out and Taylor did OK. The rest had a bad day and our strikers poor.Will be glad when Surridge is back .He would have buried that great chance at the very end.Millar and Ogrady have to up their games big time for me.

400 plus Latics felt let down by this lackluster performance but credit to the team for hanging on and having a go in the second half and so nearly nicked all 3 points at the end .Lady luck was definitely  with us tonight.We were better after Baxter came on for Lang.

We will have Surridge back soon so  hoping we don't put on a similar show on Saturday! !!

Edited by Flemboy

15 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

To be fair read their forum, they think they played like Barcelona tonight and the best they've played in many a year.

Granted we were defensive but we had to be at times against a decent outfit. 

Not excuses but it's a decent point.

I agree and it is a good point. I’d have took a point before the game as I expect them to be at least challenging for the playoffs. It’s the manner in which the point has been gained which is the issue. I didn’t go to the game but watched it via a live feed. We were shocking. We need to be much better on Saturday.

Just back, would probably take a point beforehand but I’m still pissed off at having spent 50 odd quid to watch that. That strikeforce is absolutely laughable for a FL side, those 2 are both non league journey man strikers, and thats being kind. 

Iverson - 8, MOTM, kept us in it 1st half, he was in no mans land when they hit the bar but made crucial saves throughout. Very good keeper for this level.

Taylor - 6, Defended well enough, not as affective going forward (who was?) as previous games, wish we’d use him more on set pieces.

Clarke - 7, another decent game. 

Edmundson - 8, turning into a real player this season is George, I feel like if he carries on we could lose him in the near future.

Hunt - 7, decent enough game.

Dummigan - 6, good to see him back in the side, wasn’t great but by far not the worst.

Gardner - 2, absolutely piss poor again, his distribution for a pro footballer is ridiculous, and his set pieces are 90% of the time shite. 

Missilou - 5, runs a lot, doesn’t really do too much else, same vein as Fane for me. 

Lang - 3, never tracks back, left Hunt isolated all 1st half, benefit of the doubt as I find it bizarre he’s even playing there when we have Nepo on the bench, get Lang up front if Surridge isn’t playing.

Miller - 1, FUCK OFF!

O’Grady - 1, FUCK OFF! 

Maouche - 2, stealing a (big) wage this lad.

Graham - 3, just don’t rate the guy so far, I feel Hamer is better. I’m all for loan players, but i’d rather see us develop our own players 1st. 

Baxter - 6, tried to make things happen, never really a speedy player, however he is about as slow as O’grady these days. His football brain makes him dangerous at times, but there was no one up front with the nouse or speed to get anywhere near his passes. 

56 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Someone posted on twitter sarcastically '12th tier sides have more mobile attacks than us'

Made me think, surely we could pluck two from the 8th tier who'd look more likely to score than Miller and COG. Not blaming them but there's no movement, aerial chances or anything. One of them with a more mobile lad might work but together we look toothless!

Would you take him instead?..12 goals already this season..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5697727/Billericay-high-flyer-Jake-Robinson-scored-voer-50-goals-season.html

Edited by BP1960

1 minute ago, ShireBlue said:

A decent result given how poor the team was.

Surridge back in the team on Saturday and more attacking threat, and we’re back on track.

Improvements desperately  needed in Jan though.

Reinforcements needed January, improvements are needed now. 

We are talking basics here like passing the fucking ball and working for each other. 

The basics were very poor, I've seen more quality on Sundays!!!

Bunn needs to learn from this performance and hopefully plays with more pace up top if surridge is out, he can't play Miller & COG together again, they offer nothing.

I think Bunn expected they would hold the ball up more and bully defenders which they don't, it was painful to watch them.

442 just doesn't suit our squad imo

Really don't get the logic of our attack for our last couple of games - O'Grady and Millar are too similar, not very good at the job they do and yet Bunn thinks they make an effective partnership?  Admittedly there was no Surridge, but what about Baxter, Benteke or Lang up front (who I think has played there before).  Surely would have been better than a random midfielder..

That said, Bunn wasn't completely blind to the fact it wasn't working in the first-half and did change the formation (if the change in personnel was a little strange).

The season does seem on a bit of a knife edge.  Last night wasn't the first time this season we've robbed a point (or even all three, like at Morecambe).

Luck seems to be playing too much of an important role in our results and that's bound to run out at some point.