Mansfield (a)

8 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

FWIW

http://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34441

'Best we've played in a long time' 

'Best games in years'

'We were superb tonight'

Again this.

They beat Northampton 4-0 on Saturday yet still thought last night was much much better.

We did well to come out of it with a point. 

On paper, yesterday’s point was a good one - away at a decent side who just stuck  four past their last opponents on Saturday. But unfortunately there has to be some form of entertainment value too or you just can’t expect people to show up.

I understand setting up with a defensive mindset but playing Miller and O’Grady together means you’re going to be constantly under pressure as neither hold the ball up well enough and neither run the channel. At least when Baxter came on he got closer to them to try and pick up any scraps.

I’d have been well pissed off had I gone last night and watched our non performance despite a point being a decent result.

In response to some of the posts on here, Frankie clearly has some idea of what he’s doing  or we wouldn’t be 8th but he has got to learn a few lessons - one of which is that fans can’t be expected to turn up when the team is set up so poorly.

9 hours ago, archiecat said:

No, tonight was all about luck and nothing else. We were poor at Swindon and bloody awful tonight, Carlisle pretty much only need to turn up to get a share of the points.

Get your head out of the sand.

Really? They are worse than us.  Sheridan is struggling. 

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Really? They are worse than us.  Sheridan is struggling. 

Did your telly conk out last night Mr K ? 

We have no goals in us and were unbelievably lucky not to concede, as i said Carlisle turn up,we put on another inept performance like that and Shez has an away point minimum.

8 hours ago, Handsy said:

Why’s my head in the sand  I saidwe were poor 

Yes, you did say we were poor.

we have turned in one mediocre and one dreadful display in the last 2 games, whilst scoring no goals and being extremely fortunate not to concede. 

Do you honestly believe after that our next 5 games are winnable? 

over the last 5 games only Cheltenham and Northampton have picked up less points than us, unless Surridge is back very soon or Bunn has a serious rethink of his team selection, we are in trouble. 

11 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Did your telly conk out last night Mr K ? 

We have no goals in us and were unbelievably lucky not to concede, as i said Carlisle turn up,we put on another inept performance like that and Shez has an away point minimum.

Scored 1 goal in 4 games. Lost 3 out of last 4. 

We are better than then.

Surridge and Nepo will play and we will win.  Fat boy won’t be able to handle Surridge running at him. 

5 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

So the honeymoon period is over for FB as happens with most of our managers.Without  Surridge we are bang average in a terrible division. The same problems lack of money and supporter base still prevent us putting a viable product onto the pitch.

We have a viable product to put on the pitch, but Bunn keeps him on the bench for the first 45-60. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Scored 1 goal in 4 games. Lost 3 out of last 4. 

We are better than then.

Surridge and Nepo will play and we will win.  Fat boy won’t be able to handle Surridge running at him. 

I very much hope so

3 minutes ago, archiecat said:

over the last 5 games only Cheltenham and Northampton have picked up less points than us, unless Surridge is back very soon or Bunn has a serious rethink of his team selection, we are in trouble. 

Eh???

thats bollocks. 

Edited by kowenicki

Everybody keeps banging on about our away performances but it's the home form that's the problem. We've won 2 out of 5 and that's not good enough to get out of this god forsaken division. I will take boring away form if we can start winning at home. 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Really don't get the logic of our attack for our last couple of games - O'Grady and Millar are too similar, not very good at the job they do and yet Bunn thinks they make an effective partnership?  Admittedly there was no Surridge, but what about Baxter, Benteke or Lang up front (who I think has played there before).  Surely would have been better than a random midfielder..

That said, Bunn wasn't completely blind to the fact it wasn't working in the first-half and did change the formation (if the change in personnel was a little strange).

The season does seem on a bit of a knife edge.  Last night wasn't the first time this season we've robbed a point (or even all three, like at Morecambe).

Luck seems to be playing too much of an important role in our results and that's bound to run out at some point.

Imagine having davies and hollaway, last season that was a nightmare it’s like a sweet never ending dream now

Have to agree with previous comments about how poor we were. Having said that, Mansfield's midfield were very good as a unit.

I'm looking back at our team last night and sympathised with our defence.....our midfield offered nothing and were left to lump the ball up to our 2 lumps. Missile did what we all expected of him which was to tackle, Dummigan is not a right sided midfielder and is clearly not match fit. Why does Bunn keep playing Lang on the left.....he is so right footed, his left leg is there only to stop him falling sideways off the toilet. As for Gardner, that was his worst performance I have witnessed this season. I am struggling to believe that Maouche u could make that midfield worse.

We should gloss over last night's forwards......no, change that....they were crap.....having said that, they had no quality ball to deal with but I need to add that anything of any substance would have been a waste.

Our defence as a unit was ok, all things considered.

For the Carlisle match, I would move Lang to the right and bring Nepo back to the left. If fit, put Surridge up front with Baxter.

Sadlly, I'm expecting more of the same.

Edited by mikejh45

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

over the last 5 games only Cheltenham and Northampton have picked up less points than us,

Wow.

We got 6 points in the last 5 games.

Grimsby lost 4 in a row before winning last night.

Macc have only picked up 4 points this season.

Negativity based on incorrect facts.

11 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Someone posted on twitter sarcastically '12th tier sides have more mobile attacks than us'

Made me think, surely we could pluck two from the 8th tier who'd look more likely to score than Miller and COG. Not blaming them but there's no movement, aerial chances or anything. One of them with a more mobile lad might work but together we look toothless!

Danny Rowe is on 8 for the season at Fylde

Just now, the_mighty_bosh said:

Wow.

We got 6 points in the last 5 games.

Grimsby lost 4 in a row before winning last night.

Macc have only picked up 4 points this season.

Negativity based on incorrect facts.

My statement was in regard to our next 5 fixtures. Positivity based on not reading the post correctly ?

We haven’t got a right to be title contenders and we deservedly find ourselves where we are today.

However surely we should be in the top 10, possibly 5, in terms of budget?  This is based purely on our gates in comparison to others.  The lack of fire up front will see us start to slide sooner rather than later from our present top 10.

Obviously opportunity wasted in terms of strengthening.  We’ve signed ineffective carthorses up front leaving us relying on two kids - one injured but proving a brilliant signing & the other farmed out on the wing.  We’ve released our best - but most disruptive - midfielder and our ‘prodigal son’ can only last 45 mins if that.  Only shining light is defence and keeper, which reflects us drawing to mid table mediocrity.

I fully support we’re now having to cut our cloth under the new owner.  However whilst the balance sheet may be improving, the product on the pitch is withering on the vine.  Future strengthening through match day income will be seriously affected if our style of play doesn’t attract addition to that gate.

Its been a while since we’ve heard from our owner.  Do we have funds for January now we’ve reduced our budget by £000s?!

Edited by Midsblue

1 minute ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

I think we all read it correctly. Maybe you wrote it wrong.

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

Yes, you did say we were poor.

we have turned in one mediocre and one dreadful display in the last 2 games, whilst scoring no goals and being extremely fortunate not to concede. 

Do you honestly believe after that our next 5 games are winnable? 

This is what i wrote, concerning our next 5 fixtures.

14 minutes ago, archiecat said:

My statement was in regard to our next 5 fixtures. Positivity based on not reading the post correctly ?

I read it back again, you backed up a fair opinion about our next 5 games (I'm far from certain that we'll do well in them) by using a stat about the last 5 games which is factually incorrect.  Not sure how I've misinterpreted it but fair enough if I have.

Surprisingly to some I'd much rather be positive than negative, but I totally respect a negative opinion which is based on logic and reason.  That wasn't one.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh