Mansfield (a)

1 minute ago, Stanley30 said:

Get rid, he’s clueless. Even kelly could get us playing better in this league and higher up

How's FB going to explain that dysfunctional performance..happy with a point I expect?

If  I see the same starting line up on my way to BP on Saturday I'd have a mind to turn back home.

Sounds like a piss poor performance but most would have taken a point tonight. 

Were unbeaten in 4, still unbeaten away and it's another clean sheet. 

We move on at home to an out of form Carlisle on Saturday which should be lively with Shez and Gerrard coming back. 

Let's get behind the team, have a good crack, get back in the top 7.

This league is crap and being hard to beat will stand us in good stead. 

KTF 

Baxter doesn’t have the legs anymore and therefore needs mobile players around him so he can slide them in. He can’t do much when there’s two stationary lumps up top in Miller and OG. His two best through balls were to Hunt, someone with the legs to run on to them

Guest Stanley30

My biggest question over the past 2 years is what is the point of a midfielder who all they do is tackle? It’s pointless and negative. The players in L1 & 2 don’t have the ability to threaten u that accurately. Take the bloody game to them. Gardner can put his foot in when needs be, so get someone similar who can play a bit and alleviate the madness we have in midfield. 

The attack is shocking and bar surridge we’re playing to Sunday league lumps up front. Get some bloody pace up there as defenders at this level are petrified of it, beresford made a career out of it. And get bloody Baxter on behind them!

its not that hard and we all see it

have  I missed something !  good Mansfield side following on from a 4-0 home win , ok didn't threaten too much but missing Surridge was a big problem. Played two of the better sides away from home Saturday and today  and got two points and two clean sheets . If you want fantastic football for 90 mins go and watch City. I am happy to be looking at the top of the table for a change !!!

2 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

My biggest question over the past 2 years is what is the point of a midfielder who all they do is tackle? It’s pointless and negative. The players in L1 & 2 don’t have the ability to threaten u that accurately. Take the bloody game to them. Gardner can put his foot in when needs be, so get someone similar who can play a bit and alleviate the madness we have in midfield. 

The attack is shocking and bar surridge we’re playing to Sunday league lumps up front. Get some bloody pace up there as defenders at this level are petrified of it, beresford made a career out of it. And get bloody Baxter on behind them!

A million times this. 

Ollie Banks playing in a two is apparently the best player every week for Tranmere and he’s the softest centre mid I’ve ever seen.

Looks like Fane could be back in the next month or two though......

3 minutes ago, rossy52 said:

have  I missed something !  good Mansfield side following on from a 4-0 home win , ok didn't threaten too much but missing Surridge was a big problem. Played two of the better sides away from home Saturday and today  and got two points and two clean sheets . If you want fantastic football for 90 mins go and watch City. I am happy to be looking at the top of the table for a change !!!

Errrr, yes you have missed something.

We were absolutely shite and incredibly lucky not to have lost 5-0.

3 minutes ago, rossy52 said:

The performance was awful, won't keep anywhere near the top with this squad.

The January transfer window is the best hope of any sustained challenge 

8 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Baxter doesn’t have the legs anymore and therefore needs mobile players around him so he can slide them in. He can’t do much when there’s two stationary lumps up top in Miller and OG. His two best through balls were to Hunt, someone with the legs to run on to them

Give over... he didn’t have legs first time around.... his game is all about touch, vision & his ability to find/create space.

7 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Not all, the manager doesn't

Just now, archiecat said:

Errrr, yes you have missed something.

We were absolutely shite and incredibly lucky not to have lost 5-0.

But we didn’t  did we I would of settled for two draws out of the last two games admittedly would of preferred two better performances  to get them. tonight was poor but we are hard to beat  our next 5 games are all winnable  

3 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Lang needs a run up top especially when Surridge is out and Nepo needs playing on the left just for the fact he gives us width and is a steady eddie

This is the thing I find most baffling about Bunn's selections in the last 2 games.

Nepo has had a good start to the season, we absolutely need some mobility up front which Lang offers and O'Grady and Miller clearly don't work as a pair.  Why did we bring Lang off and persevere with two target men who are almost certainly not going to score?!

I think Bunn has done a decent job in the 1st 10 games and has given us a good platform to build on, but selections like tonight are worrying.  It's not a bad point on paper as Mansfield will probably end up near the top, but it sounds like we were very lucky to get the point.

Bunn has to step things up from this point on.

Watched it on Ifollow. Lucky to get away with a point after riding our luck. How Baxter doesn't start is beyond me. Has to play as a no.10 off a striker.

Lang should have had a go through the middle too. Agree that COG and Miller shouldn't play together, nowhere near mobile enough.

2 minutes ago, Handsy said:

But we didn’t  did we I would of settled for two draws out of the last two games admittedly would of preferred two better performances  to get them. tonight was poor but we are hard to beat  our next 5 games are all winnable  

No, tonight was all about luck and nothing else. We were poor at Swindon and bloody awful tonight, Carlisle pretty much only need to turn up to get a share of the points.

Get your head out of the sand.