Andy Rhodes???

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

No. I just don’t wet my pants at every rumour.  You will hate every owner we ever have. You are just like that. Jealousy? I dunno.  Show me where I have DEFENDED him in this thread. 

But hasn't just about every rumour turned out to be true?  Or worse things have happened.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Why don’t these people just say what they are being told!? 

This is what I thought.  It’s all click bait and journo bravado implying they have great sources, in the know and know more than us.  If they genuinely feel for the club (I exclude Keegan from this because he’s a fan) then why not release it to fellow fans.

Obviously they’re not that confident of what they’ve heard enough to comfortably quote without fear of a lawsuit against them

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

This is the most likely. 

NOT that he is some evil megalomaniac like some would have you believe.  He came in with the intention of making mistakes and pissing people off?  Don’t be silly. Why would anyone purposely throw money away simply to annoy some mouthy fans?  

Yes but at best that is grotesque, not just gross, incompetence.

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

It'll be an Auto Enrolment scheme for the staff (which is who MK said had received letters) and there is a monthly reporting requirement for such a scheme. 

Auto enrolment is workplace pension.  In this case it’s an insurance based scheme.  You do not need to tell the PR that you havd made the payments each month.

You do have to tell them if you have missed passing on the payment. Subtle but crucial difference. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Or he's realised that hiring Frankie Bunn on the recommendation of someone who is on record as saying we can't afford to go up wasn't the best idea. 

Sacking the manager is a lot easier after a loss. 

Getting rid of the assistant is not a new plan at this club. There is one constant person involved with that sort of decision every time it's been done. 

We have to have a manager, the next most senior member of staff is suspended and the next left today to go elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a new manager on Tuesday. 

Well why not wait and see if we lose? Or wait a little while? I can’t deny any longer what experienced press, whi actually care Stuart pike is tweeting being retweeted by matt Rodgers. Mike k is saying pensions ain’t being paid. There is something seriously and we need to stop burying our heads in the sand! I prey to god AL Is a safe pair of hands but it’s looks less and less likely!

Just now, archiecat said:

:clown: not evil :clown:

That may well be true.  We shall see either way very soon I think. 

Even if he is, I’m not going to hate him for it. Why would I, why would he deserve that?  Some strange and angry people around these days. 

Trump, Green, Musk, Zuckerberg, Ashley ... just five examples from many more who are extremely rich individuals who you assume are rich from being shrewd businessmen but equally are fuckwits making really stupid decisions that also cost them millions too.  Simon Jordan is a good listen but read his autobiography - classic millionaire who was out his depth believing he could succeed owning a football club.

Closer to home, I worked for a “self-made” multi-millionaire who made his wealth through others hard work.  He soon believed his own hype that it was all down to him, believed he was Midas then spunked away a huge portion of his wealth through stupid investments and relying on others who he soon realised weren’t reliable.  Also as his business grew he didn’t have a clue on all the legalities, pension obligations etc and expected others knew it when they didn’t.

40 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Hmmmm.

6 months of no contributions would mean 6 months of not providing the required monthly reporting to HMRC which The Pensions Regulator would be all over, especially with it being a high profile football club - even us, they love that shit....

Real chance we’re not seeing out this season, at this rate.....

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Does anyone know who if anyone was employed to do due diligence?  One assumes there was at least a UK law and accountancy firm involved.

Ive no idea if they were involved in the due dilligence but accountancy firm sedulo posted on their linkedin page that they were at the club today. No suggestion of it being anything of serious concequence though. they do do alot of work with sports clubs in the north west.

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You can be disqualified though can't you? There must be a case for the authorities stepping in.

I wouldn’t have thought so. 

Its not like jobs in finance where you have to complete a fit and proper dec every year is it?  It’s a one off at the outset I understand. Maybe not? 

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Ive no idea if they were involved in the due dilligence but accountancy firm sedulo posted on their linkedin page that they were at the club today. No suggestion of it being anything of serious concequence though. they do do alot of work with sports clubs in the north west.

Their website says they are "financial consultants to entrepreneurs" rather than accountants.

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Does anyone know who if anyone was employed to do due diligence?  One assumes there was at least a UK law and accountancy firm involved.  I hope their PI policies are up to date

Not got a great record have they.  The KPMG’s and PWC’s  of this world... 

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Their website says they are "financial consultants to entrepreneurs" rather than accountants.

That actually sounds positive.  I would imagine they broker deals, obtain funding etc. 

Edited by kowenicki