Andy Rhodes???

20 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I get that some people are still being slightly defensive of Al. And yes people have been getting a bit fed up with bunn, but to sack his assist the day before a game it makes no sense. Why not get the game out the way? If he wants to bullet them both or 1 of them do it Sunday . I’m sorry but I finding it very difficult to defend him, he’s a egomaniac! He is coming across like a mad man. You would think he would at least try and reign it in a little.

Because sacking Rhodes and making Bunn to walk is cheaper than sacking them both.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Maybe Lemsagam couldn't bear the thought of us watching us playing for 0-0's any longer and this is the first step...

Hope so. And I also want us to stop hiring ex players etc. Makes me feel uncomfortable wanting someone I once quite liked , to get the sack. That said. I’m not going to another match until someone else is in place. Incidentally, Mansfield was the final straw for me. 

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Maybe Lemsagam couldn't bear the thought of us watching us playing for 0-0's any longer and this is the first step...

Agree.  He may read this forum and acted in response to the fans who regularly post critical comments about the management team and their tactics and then makes statement to pacify others who quibble about the lack of communication.  He can't do right for wrong.

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Hope so. And I also want us to stop hiring ex players etc. Makes me feel uncomfortable wanting someone I once quite liked , to get the sack. That said. I’m not going to another match until someone else is in place. Incidentally, Mansfield was the final straw for me. 

Fully entitled to stay away, it’s a decision I don’t agree with, but can fully understand as it’s been painful this last month or so. What I will agree with is I wish we’d also stop employing or having an obsession with employing previous players who were sucessful once upon a time.

Maybe this was the financial commitments he referred to in the statement. However the ‘all in it together’ bollocks is BS. I said this at the appointment of Bunn and Rhodes that years ago they wanted to manage OAFC. They talked about nothing the night I was sat near them in a restraunt. They were (are) living the dream. I can’t see Why that would change. Piss poor if you ask me. Neither position should be up for grabs. 

2 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Each to our own Andy. I can't defend or slate him because I dont know the true facts.

Things can always get worse and things can also get better, why waste time worrying about things you have no control over.

Yep we could do a Stockport and I really hope we dont so I like to hope that things over time will improve.

Ive seen and felt real worry and sadness in my private and professional life , this is football and is taken too seriously at times but I understand this as I used to be like that in my younger days.

As my old mam used to say " Things will come out in the wash "

I wondered how long it would be before someone trotted out the 'it could be worse, we could be Stockport' line

We desperately need an experienced  U.K. based CEO to run this utter shambles. Rhodes left a very good job to come here, Bunn took the opportunity probably because he felt it was his one and only chance to become a manager. They should have been given until January at least to try and get us up amongst the promotion contenders.

If as rumoured tomorrow is going to be his last game in charge, where the hell do we go from here. Just who at the club is qualified to make such a decision. Abdallah is providing the finance but it’s patently obvious he hasn’t a bloody clue how to run a football club.

Admittedly, we haven’t performed as well as many thought we would, however, we are only a few points off the playoffs and only 12 weeks into the season. Surely it’s too early to call time on yet another management team at this stage.

Whatever we think of Bunn and Rhodes they were ‘Latics Lads’ and people that the majority of fans could relate to....if this has been done just to accommodate yet another inexperienced manager I for one will be well pissed off! I am embarrassed to say the least to be a supporter of this club at the present time!

A Steve Evans, Gary Bowyer, type of manager who has been there and done it several times over is the only type of appointment that would appease me right now.

Anyway, how could we possibly attract that kind of experience with our track record over the last few months?

Utterly baffled and totally disgusted!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Hmmmm.

6 months of no contributions would mean 6 months of not providing the required monthly reporting to HMRC which The Pensions Regulator would be all over, especially with it being a high profile football club - even us, they love that shit....

It will be a basic workplace pension no doubt. There is no monthly reporting requirement for a defined contribution insurance based scheme. There is a requirement for contributions to be forwarded to the insurer by the 19th of the following month, but insurers are very very slow at bringing this to the attention of the members when payments are missed or delayed, let alone the PR. They wait a long time before taking that step.  

It is an offence though. If it’s 6 months it’s a pretty serious problem.  The employees will have had their personal contributions deducted from salary each month automatically. 

Not unknown for it to be insurer error and Aviva have just had an absolute nightmare with their new systems simply falling over time and time again.  

But yeah... looks like employer not passing on deductions from pay.  Not good that. 

Edited by kowenicki
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Plenty of people, you being one of the main ones. You LOVE being an apologist for whoever the majority shareholder of OAFC happens to be.

No. I just don’t wet my pants at every rumour.  You will hate every owner we ever have. You are just like that. Jealousy? I dunno.  Show me where I have DEFENDED him in this thread. 

“We are set to see some more changes at the club which will be announced in due course. These changes will involve the day-to-day running of the club and admin side of things, again the club’s best intentions are always at heart when it comes to these decisions and changes.”

If this was simply a new CEO then why not state it now?  It sounds like added investment or new investment.

I’m still very dubious about this bloke and whether he has the money to run this club let alone to the tune of £200k a month.  Just strange though that he’s publicly stating an exact figure he’s spending each month.  If he wasn’t then he could easily mask the mess by saying “I’ve invested money in and continue to do so”... no need to quote a figure.

Upon reflection, the non-payment of pension payments could simply be down to his naivety coming into the UK with limited knowledge of running a business and employer obligations in the UK.  He’s sacked a CEO and the discovery of “other commitments coming to light” could be the insurer informing Lemsagam that his obligation is to pay pension contributions.

Just too much smoke for me to ignore no fire.  However it also wouldn’t surprise me if Lemsagam is loaded but he’s also a hot-headed, trigger-happy foreigner (and I mean foreigner in respect of not knowing UK employer or company practices) who’s been sold a club, been fucked over on this due diligence, sacked everyone due to his temperament, out his depth and drowning.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It will be a basic workplace pension no doubt. There is no monthly reporting requirement for a defined contribution insurance based scheme.

It'll be an Auto Enrolment scheme for the staff (which is who MK said had received letters) and there is a monthly reporting requirement for such a scheme. 

Just now, kowenicki said:

No. I just don’t wet my pants at every rumour.  You will hate every owner we ever have. You are just like that. Jealousy? I dunno.  Show me where I have DEFENDED him in this thread. 

Disliking the two owners who have ran a once proud club into the ground makes me jealous ? This is why I resort to shitposting, any rational comments are met with these kind of batshit crazy replies from the happy clappy lads. I’m done.

1 minute ago, Midsblue said:

“We are set to see some more changes at the club which will be announced in due course. These changes will involve the day-to-day running of the club and admin side of things, again the club’s best intentions are always at heart when it comes to these decisions and changes.”

If this was simply a new CEO then why not state it now?  It sounds like added investment or new investment.

I’m still very dubious about this bloke and whether he has the money to run this club let alone to the tune of £200k a month.  Just strange though that he’s publicly stating an exact figure he’s spending each month.  If he wasn’t then he could easily mask the mess by saying “I’ve invested money in and continue to do so”... no need to quote a figure.

Upon reflection, the non-payment of pension payments could simply be down to his naivety coming into the UK with limited knowledge of running a business and employer obligations in the UK.  He’s sacked a CEO and the discovery of “other commitments coming to light” could be the insurer informing Lemsagam that his obligation is to pay pension contributions.

Just too much smoke for me to ignore no fire.  However it also wouldn’t surprise me if Lemsagam is loaded but he’s also a hot-headed, trigger-happy foreigner (and I mean foreigner in respect of not knowing UK employer or company practices) who’s been sold a club, been fucked over on this due diligence, sacked everyone due to his temperament, out his depth and drowning.

This is the most likely. 

NOT that he is some evil megalomaniac like some would have you believe.  He came in with the intention of making mistakes and pissing people off?  Don’t be silly. Why would anyone purposely throw money away simply to annoy some mouthy fans?  

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Why don’t these people just say what they are being told!? 

They're reading what we're reading and tweeting it to their wider audience.

Because you eat, sleep and shit OAFC you have already read what they've read and you then wrongly assume they're referring to something more...

They're not. 

Edited by HarryBosch