Andy Rhodes???

2 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

This taken from Underdog’s statement...

“We have learnt a lot about owner/trust relationship from the previous owner over the 14 years and reps in situ...its not an easy Role the Trust Rep on the board. To have work that dynamic of getting the Reps entitlement without getting the door slammed shut. Its not a jolly ride like some think it is ...You give your time up for free to ensure we have a club and recent times its been bloody hard for that person you are legally responsible for the club...you can be made bankrupt if it all goes belly up. I'd crack under that legal responsibility, club, staff, bills, debts.....its not for everyone its not for me.”

Not correct imo. 

Otherwise whats the point of limited liability? 

Edited by kowenicki

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Not correct imo. 

Otherwise whats the point of limited liability? 

I suppose it depends if something more serious happens. I think Simon Brooke could still have action taken against him depending on the outcome of the HMRC investigation. 

Edit - not saying they are investigating him personally but there could be collective action. 

Edited by jorvik_latic

Everybody wanted a statement from AL.  He has returned and stated.  I believe the £200k but clearly it is not enough.

We didn't want Andy Rhodes to leave.  Probably terminated for no other reason than it was cheap to do so.

We don't want to hear about non payment of anything.

My guess is that due to poor due diligence AL has bought a club he can't afford or in other words does not have cash available to fund day to day running costs and the hidden costs that the endless due diligence failed to identify.  He might be an idiot, he might be a charlatan or he might just be dishonest.  I suspect he has bitten off more than he can chew and paid for poor advice/work when he bought the shares.  Lets hope he can get us out of this mess himself or by passing it to someone who can.

19 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I suppose it depends if something more serious happens. I think Simon Brooke could still have action taken against him depending on the outcome of the HMRC investigation. 

Edit - not saying they are investigating him personally but there could be collective action. 

Yes, but what I’m saying is unless there is wrongdoing then limited liability applies.  Correct? 

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

He might be out of his depth. He might turn out to be a disaster.  

Yeah, all of those have happened. So? What can you or I do about it? 

By the way, yes at least 3 of the high profile sackings were indeed ‘nobheads’ (sic)

(You’re, except and their)

? I feel sorry for you.

You said 

We know nothing for sure. 

I corrected you for talking bollocks. Again. 

You obviously don’t like being corrected. So your now changing the subject, and asking what can I/we do?

Er, nothing. But it’s a forum, where we discuss things. This seems to escape you. Shame. 

If you haven’t got the intelligence to make a coherent argument without insulting people, then maybe just post a bit less. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

? I feel sorry for you.

You said 

We know nothing for sure. 

I corrected you for talking bollocks. Again. 

You obviously don’t like being corrected. So your now changing the subject, and asking what can I/we do?

Er, nothing. But it’s a forum, where we discuss things. This seems to escape you. Shame. 

If you haven’t got the intelligence to make a coherent argument without insulting people, then maybe just post a bit less. 

As you well know I was referring to the real behind the scenes story here.  We don’t know it.

Of course we know people have been sacked. It’s public record.

... and yes it is forum where you and I can say exactly what we want.  Agreed. 

3 hours ago, laticsrblue said:

AL returns and  Rhodes gets sacked - maybe he gave AL a piece of his mind re the late wages.

Simon had additional risk as he was a director of his own company (prior to joining Latics as an employee). Trust Directors are protected through the £1 share price but the Trust member on the board is fully exposed as a Board member. Of course the authorities generally take a view on who has actually done what, esp if our old friend Corporate Governance has broken down 

7 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Heard tonight that AL's brother was wanting some sort of influence in team selection and Rhodes didn't take kindly to that.

Obviously this disagreement only ended one way...

Well, we’ll know soon enough.... cos if the “...more changes at the club which will be announced in due course....” include the other Mr Lemsagam, then bingo.

12 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Well, we’ll know soon enough.... cos if the “...more changes at the club which will be announced in due course....” include the other Mr Lemsagam, then bingo.

I’m getting close to being past caring apoint al brother as manger! Let’s got all our for destruction! Let’s face it that can’t be true we picked the same shite that gets picked in week in week out!

23 hours ago, deyres42 said:

He's just managing by numbers, me or you could have gone in and done the same.

We need a Johnson type, young upstart, bit cocky - we did have one but sacked him.

I think you're pretty much right with the managing by numbers bit, the difference being that I preferred that type of manager to a Wellens type for this season.

I never thought Bunn would set the world alight here but imo we needed a manager who wasn't volatile, with a history at the club that would buy him some time with the fans.  The bigger problem with the club isn't the quality of manager that we're getting in (albeit not very high), it's that managers aren't getting the time to settle into their role and build something over a reasonable period of time.

People are talking about Gary Bowyer being a good choice (and I agree) but his season at Blackpool in League 2 wasn't plain sailing.  They were around mid table for most of the season before a strong run at the end of it got them 7th on the last day.  He stabilised the club in the first half of the season to make sure another relegation wasn't a possibility before developing them into a promotion challengers at the right time.

I'm not saying that Bunn would have done this, what I'm saying is that by the way AL has done things so far he (or any other manager) is never going to get the chance to.  I genuinely can't think of a manager who's going to succeed in AL's reign.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

28 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I think you're pretty much right with the managing by numbers bit, the difference being that I preferred that type of manager to a Wellens type for this season.

I never thought Bunn would set the world alight here but imo we needed a manager who wasn't volatile, with a history at the club that would buy him some time with the fans.  The bigger problem with the club isn't the quality of manager that we're getting in (albeit not very high), it's that managers aren't getting the time to settle into their role and build something over a reasonable period of time.

People are talking about Gary Bowyer being a good choice (and I agree) but his season at Blackpool in League 2 wasn't plain sailing.  They were around mid table for most of the season before a strong run at the end of it got them 7th on the last day.  He stabilised the club in the first half of the season to make sure another relegation wasn't a possibility before developing them into a promotion challengers at the right time.

I'm not saying that Bunn would have done this, what I'm saying is that by the way AL has done things so far he (or any other manager) is never going to get the chance to.  I genuinely can't think of a manager who's going to succeed in AL's reign.

The problem is even a winning manager will get the boot if he upsets al. I remember a few years ago when hearts were top of the league and thier crazy chairman at the time sacked the manager.

51 minutes ago, latics22 said:

The problem is even a winning manager will get the boot if he upsets al. I remember a few years ago when hearts were top of the league and thier crazy chairman at the time sacked the manager.

Evidence perhaps to back this point?

AL has been around for 3 managers.

Sheridan walked/alledgedly pushed under Corney's tenure after a shockingly poor start.

Wellens lost the plot and took us down after a bright start,

Bunn has never got the team going and we have slowly slid down the table.

SO....which winning manager has he got rid of to back up your point?

And please don't start bleating over Sheridan again.....you constantly repeat yourself and don't offer anything new.

7 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Evidence perhaps to back this point?

AL has been around for 3 managers.

Sheridan walked/alledgedly pushed under Corney's tenure after a shockingly poor start.

Wellens lost the plot and took us down after a bright start,

Bunn has never got the team going and we have slowly slid down the table.

SO....which winning manager has he got rid of to back up your point?

And please don't start bleating over Sheridan again.....you constantly repeat yourself and don't offer anything new.

Its not that he doesnt want a winning manager its the fact that he interferes and doesnt let them get on with the job themselves.

As a result we find ourselves 12 months on from when he started getting involved with the club we are a whole division worse off.

Edited by GlossopLatic

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Its not that he doesnt want a winning manager its the fact that he interferes and doesnt let them get on with the job themselves.

As a result we find ourselves 12 months on from when he started getting involved with the club we are a whole division worse off.

I struggle to take in that it was AL's intervention in Wellens' team selection that put Pringle wide left instead of Nepo and shoving a disinterested Byrne wide right.

I'm not saying I'm right and you are wrong, more it doesn't stack up. If I was AL, I would have been asking why, when I've providing the tools in Byrne and Doyle (use of the word "tools" here can be interpreted in whatever way suits your argument), you can't get them playing the way you did in September.

Edited by mikejh45

8 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I struggle to take in that it was AL's intervention in Wellens' team selection that put Pringle wide left instead of Nepo and shoving a disinterested Byrne wide right.

I'm not saying I'm right and you are wrong, more it doesn't stack up. If I was AL, I would have been asking why, when I've providing the tools in Byrne and Doyle (use of the word "tools" here can be interpreted in whatever way suits your argument), you can't get them playing the way you did in September.

Im also struggling with the concept that any of our managers have any idea about players in the french non-league or that the sacking of Andy Rhodes was anything to do with his friend and longtime colleague. 

51 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Im also struggling with the concept that any of our managers have any idea about players in the french non-league or that the sacking of Andy Rhodes was anything to do with his friend and longtime colleague. 

But Wellens managed to integrate some into the team, with limited success...…..Placide until his head went after his family bereavement, Nepo until Wellens thought Pringle was a better bet and Moimbe until his brainfart.

17 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Heard tonight that AL's brother was wanting some sort of influence in team selection and Rhodes didn't take kindly to that.

Obviously this disagreement only ended one way...

Does this mean that Bunn allowed AL's brother to influence the team selection?