Andy Rhodes???

10 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Evidence perhaps to back this point?

AL has been around for 3 managers.

Sheridan walked/alledgedly pushed under Corney's tenure after a shockingly poor start.

Wellens lost the plot and took us down after a bright start,

Bunn has never got the team going and we have slowly slid down the table.

SO....which winning manager has he got rid of to back up your point?

And please don't start bleating over Sheridan again.....you constantly repeat yourself and don't offer anything new.

Alright mike chill out, no need to get tetchy. My point was if he finds the right manager, I’m not sure that even winning will keep said person in a job. Top of the league, he does or says something that AL disagrees with, and he gets the boot. I think he’s that fickle!

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Alright mike chill out, no need to get tetchy. My point was if he finds the right manager, I’m not sure that even winning will keep said person in a job. Top of the league, he does or says something that AL disagrees with, and he gets the boot. I think he’s that fickle!

Have you got anything to back that up?

As for tetchy you, and your alter ego, haven't stopped whimpering whenever someone criticises Sheridan.

Edited by mikejh45

7 hours ago, leeslover said:

I keep telling people that Barry and Corney absolutely hated each other...

I do recall you saying that, I was thinking more eyes and ears. Basically Barry was viewed as someone who dealt with everything when Corney was not around. Was that not the case even with their animosity? 

Edited by singe

12 hours ago, singe said:

I do recall you saying that, I was thinking more eyes and ears. Basically Barry was viewed as someone who dealt with everything when Corney was not around. Was that not the case even with their animosity? 

I think Barry was running the show for periods when Corney went AWOL (he wasn't around the club for ages, I think around the Dazzler era. Worked out well.

21 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Have you got anything to back that up?

As for tetchy you, and your alter ego, haven't stopped whimpering whenever someone criticises Sheridan.

We are different people, I have better things to do than log on as someone else, I will happily spread the love on my own. I’m leaving this discussion and future discussions with you my friend. Strange I don’t remember ever crossing swords with u, but I seem to have annoyed you in some way. Apologies.

6 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I think Barry was running the show for periods when Corney went AWOL (he wasn't around the club for ages, I think around the Dazzler era. Worked out well.

Not sure that lasted long enough to fit the criteria to be an era. Sojourn? 

9 minutes ago, latics22 said:

We are different people, I have better things to do than log on as someone else, I will happily spread the love on my own. I’m leaving this discussion and future discussions with you my friend. Strange I don’t remember ever crossing swords with u, but I seem to have annoyed you in some way. Apologies.

No need to apologise for having a different opinion or thinking I'm annoyed...….which I'm not. There are more important matters to get angry about. :wedgie:

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:24 PM, LaticsLegend said:

Heard tonight that AL's brother was wanting some sort of influence in team selection and Rhodes didn't take kindly to that.

Obviously this disagreement only ended one way...

If it went something like " Drop this one man O Grady up top shite" I am all for more influence. It's another bout of nonsense and I'll tell you why, every chairman/board member in every club in the land will tell the manager what he thinks, That doesn't amount to telling them who to play.

12 hours ago, Lags said:

If it went something like " Drop this one man O Grady up top shite" I am all for more influence. It's another bout of nonsense and I'll tell you why, every chairman/board member in every club in the land will tell the manager what he thinks, That doesn't amount to telling them who to play.

Agreed. 

Opinion is fine or happens. 

Influcening isn’t. 

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Agreed. 

Opinion is fine or happens. 

Influcening isn’t. 

Isn’t voicing an opinions intended to influence?

But like when all those boos (inexplicably as he’d been shit) rang out during the Baxter substitution.

If the owner, a fan, the cook or a ticket seller says “O’Grady up front alone is shit” then that’s fine in my book. Up to Bunn what he does with that opinion.

If the owner says you will pick player X over player Y or else, then Bunn should walk and expose it. Otherwise he has no spine or integrity.  

59 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Isn’t voicing an opinions intended to influence?

But like when all those boos (inexplicably as he’d been shit) rang out during the Baxter substitution.

If the owner, a fan, the cook or a ticket seller says “O’Grady up front alone is shit” then that’s fine in my book. Up to Bunn what he does with that opinion.

If the owner says you will pick player X over player Y or else, then Bunn should walk and expose it. Otherwise he has no spine or integrity.  

Yeah I’d agree in the main. 

However, Its a fine line in a conversation. When is it asking the manager for answers/or influencing them. 

If a owner says to a manager- Why are you playing x upto on his own? Or why isn’t x playing. I don’t have a massive issue with that because A, I acknowledge it’s his money. B, I think it’s healthy for a manager to be challenged by his chairman- as long as they both respect each other. Opinion/suggestion/wanting answers is part of any healthy working environment IMO. 

Where is it an issue is if the owner demands players play. Or imply’s things will have to change if he wants to keep his job. That’s completely untenable. An you expect any manger worth his salt to walk in that situation. 

Edited by League one forever

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Rhodes sacking was in the ‘interests of the club’ ......whatever that means. The ‘not needed’ tag was bollocks as we’re very close to  employing his replacement!

I suspect you can replace club with Abdallah or Abdallahs brother and you'd be nearer the truth. Rhodes is as straight as a die and probably told him something he didn't want to hear. 

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Rhodes sacking was in the ‘interests of the club’ ......whatever that means. The ‘not needed’ tag was bollocks as we’re very close to  employing his replacement!

Every decision he makes should be in the best interests of the club. Whether it is or not is another matter.