38 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Agree with this, and with nzlatics' comment a couple of pages back.

This was a Salford news conference and there was no way they would allow it to be hijacked by speculation about us. Scholes' comments make his appointment neither more nor less likely for me. A crumb of comfort (but that's all it is) is that Skybet have not re-opened betting, perhaps.

I actually thought the way Butt and Neville chipped in suggested that Scholes’ potential appointment is still very much alive. 

41 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

That's because Skybet are a business and they've already made plenty of dough on this market. The 10's about Wild just before they took the market down looks a little bit better now.

Bollocks have they. These markets are just PR. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Scholes and his son were telling people on Saturday it was done. Someone who works at Latics said it was going to be completed this week. But then last night, his son said it was off, which is when I posted it on here. So the truth is I haven't got a bloody clue...

If his son said it was off...

Well I only saw an article on Look North West tonight and our shrinking violet prospective manager was notably absent in the interviews-just what you need in a manager?

Still cannot see other than his media profile what he brings to the party.

Getting a bit fed up with now TBH-if he wanted it he would have stepped up to the plate by now.

4 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Well I only saw an article on Look North West tonight and our shrinking violet prospective manager was notably absent in the interviews-just what you need in a manager?

Still cannot see other than his media profile what he brings to the party.

Getting a bit fed up with now TBH-if he wanted it he would have stepped up to the plate by now.

You can't see what a top class, hugely respected former player who had won just about everything the club game has to offer has to offer?  Well you need a white stick then. 

I’m bored of it now.  Only our club can let this drag on like it has.  

Scholes even looked fed up being asked about it three times in the press conference.  Granted he didn’t rule himself out and was very sketchy in the press conference.  In that second interview his body language suggested an unease when asked again.  Made me chuckle when he called himself an Oldham fan as a kid then corrected it to Man Utd fan.  Do you get the impression he’s an Oldham fan but had to play the Man Utd supporter card whilst playing for them, then punditing for them?

Hopefully his coaching talks for itself because he doesn’t seem the sort to fire up players .... that’s if he comes here.

Edited by Midsblue

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

You can't see what a top class, hugely respected former player who had won just about everything the club game has to offer has to offer?  Well you need a white stick then. 

Is he gonna play for us-no

Is he experienced-no

Has he got his coaching badges?

Greatly respected-yes-so what?

Won loads-so what?

Shrinking violet-yes

Lots of contacts-maybe-will they drop to our level-can we afford them-probably no

Who needs the white stick?

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

As I said, I've not a clue at the moment...

But if we’re taking his word and his sons word as common sense. then it’s a odd thing for his son to say it’s off. How old is he? Ffs to be honest I’m sick to the back teeth of it all, like prob most fans. It’s a soap opera , don’t know what goes on at other clubs! I’d assume it’s hardly a smooth path, but Jesus Christ it unexplainable. I have friends  who obviously don’t support oldham, I have a wife who doesn’t care. But you try and explain a bit, where do you even start!!!

4 minutes ago, latics22 said:

But if we’re taking his word and his sons word as common sense. then it’s a odd thing for his son to say it’s off. How old is he? Ffs to be honest I’m sick to the back teeth of it all, like prob most fans. It’s a soap opera , don’t know what goes on at other clubs! I’d assume it’s hardly a smooth path, but Jesus Christ it unexplainable. I have friends  who obviously don’t support oldham, I have a wife who doesn’t care. But you try and explain a bit, where do you even start!!!

He's 20ish, dunno exactly. He plays footy with a mate of mine...

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Not plan to but is....OAFC 2004 if you look at 2017 accounts submitted at companies house

You seem to believe that ,oafc is a massive cash cow, that being the case please tell me why it took so 14 years to sell in the club ???

If I “owned” a football club and they were playing at home last Saturday, why would I travel over twice the distance further to watch my dad’s favoured club instead?  Especially when my dads favoured club was playing away from home and not exactly two minutes from my door.

Edited by Midsblue

9 minutes ago, mad4it said:

You seem to believe that ,oafc is a massive cash cow, that being the case please tell me why it took so 14 years to sell in the club ???

The club was for sale in name only....even Corney confirmed that and that he would only sell to the right person. The clubs accounts submitted and published at companies house show our decline as a club that is one reason, the other is the chairman came with the club is the second. The club is not the fatted calf

The land is the fatted calf.

Your best guess what do you think it would take to buy both and put them back together as a whole?.

both are owned by two different people Persons/bodies....I thinl 10 million could swing it myself

Woah....hows this come onto this thread? bizzare and apologies as I thinks its crossed over from another thread

Edited by underdog
cross over post from another thread

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

If I “owned” a football club and they were playing at home last Saturday, why would I travel over twice the distance further to watch my dad’s favoured club instead?  Especially when my dads favoured club was playing away from home and not exactly two minutes from my door.

Has it actually been confirmed that Scholes was at Macc...?

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Has it actually been confirmed that Scholes was at Macc...?

I thought he said it in the interview but I think he’s simply referencing the fans attendance.  However didn’t someone spot him and tweeted it.  Might be wrong ... we’ll soon fight out no doubt 

26 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Is he gonna play for us-no

Is he experienced-no

Has he got his coaching badges?

Greatly respected-yes-so what?

Won loads-so what?

Shrinking violet-yes

Lots of contacts-maybe-will they drop to our level-can we afford them-probably no

Who needs the white stick?

Coaching badges, yes I think so

Hugely respected, gets credit/ contacts

Shrinking violet, have you heard him talk about Mourinho? 

Bring on Askey eh? 

1 hour ago, singe said:

Didn't see this earlier. 

Nice stumble when he nearly says soon enough, when he could have said it there and then. 

So that’s clear then, he’s a United fan as well as ex player/legend

Really not sure why we feel he has a special connection with us just because his Dad supports Latics and he says he never really wanted to be involved in any club except United...nice interview line that one!!!

Of more concern, I’m not sure there is any evidence to suggest he will be a good coach or manager anyway

Frankly, I don’t give a damn if he turns up or not

Edited by Ritchierich