6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

You're right players like Rickers weren't technically as good, but gave 100% for 90 minutes. We now have a bunch of airy fairy 60 minute men.

We were pants then, prob worse than this team. But it was players coming through, they cared and had something to prove! They had careers to build.

The simple fact is , Scholes prob has one shot at his status and that’s the summer. He needs to use every contact every ounce of influence! And we need to peak, remember Keane at Sunderland. We HAVE  to have that lift and it needs to be quick! If he some how’s makes it to jan we need to be in shape. If we’re struggling Scholes rep won’t be worth shit!

21 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I see that old chestnut 'tiredness' has been churned out again, two games a week seems too much for some of them even though they haven't started every game.

I've seen part time non league players play three times a week and still look fit at the end of the season.

I was there today and and it appeared to me it was lack of willingness to take the game to the opposition in the 2nd half which was the problem.

I thought PS said he was bringing exciting football back, but we have yet to see two strikers up front?

Completely different intensity though, isn't it? In the Cup non-league teams always seem to tire towards the end of games against League opposition, partly for that reason. 

Some of the best football I've ever seen has been from teams who've played with one striker. If it were as simple as just playing two up top, everyone would be doing it...

21 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

E.g.I seem to recall Missolou playing out of his skin the like of which we hadn't seen previoysly or since

He was fantastic v Tranmere, Crewe away where he dominated midfield almoat on his own and one or two other decent performances  Yeovil for example. We need more quality that's what we are missing..midfield has been rubbish for most of the season maouche is only interested when we has the ball at his feet after that his work rates drops  of hugely  and just still out on sylla as for coke. God knows 

59 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Go on, what should he have done?

What do you think? I think it's disrespectful. I didn't like it when Wellens did it at Northampton and I don't like it when Scholes does it. Hardly asking for him to offer everyone a lift home.

If you under-perform it's that bit more important to recognise the excellent support.

15 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

If you see everything through that lense, good for you mate.

Don't know what that means.  Do know that in the age of social media it is often considered more important to be seen apparently doing the right thing rather than actually doing the right thing.  It's a shallow age.

Edited by Dave_Og

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Don't know what that means.  Do know that in the age of social media it is often considered to be seen apparently doing the right thing rather than actually doing the right thing.  It's a shallow age.

I agree, but managers and players have recognised away support for decades in this fasion and is at least appreciative. I'm not asking for a song and dance, which is where the confusion is coming from.

At least Scholes is his own man, which again is another valued quality.

22 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Completely different intensity though, isn't it? In the Cup non-league teams always seem to tire towards the end of games against League opposition, partly for that reason. 

Some of the best football I've ever seen has been from teams who've played with one striker. If it were as simple as just playing two up top, everyone would be doing it...

What ever way we spin it, bunn was grinding out results. He seemed to have the team behind him, if you look over the full season we are roughly where we were at the mid way point! I honestly think we would have finished higher with bunn than a pw and ps cameo.

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

You're right players like Rickers weren't technically as good, but gave 100% for 90 minutes. We now have a bunch of airy fairy 60 minute men.

And people used to slag Rickers off no end !

Edited by astottie

49 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

What do you think? I think it's disrespectful. I didn't like it when Wellens did it at Northampton and I don't like it when Scholes does it. Hardly asking for him to offer everyone a lift home.

If you under-perform it's that bit more important to recognise the excellent support.

So go on... What? He's been straight down the tunnel every game. 

2 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

So you think one up front is working well for us at the moment and carry on regardless?