5 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Embarrassed to be an Oldham fan these days. Shutting up shop with 40 mins to go. Give me Bunn back.

This, do we honestly think in our wildest dreams we could ever hold onto a 1 nil.

We cant do it against so called poor opposition let alone super soar way Bury

Not good enough today. Second half was disastrous. Hunt had a really poor game, defended too deep, along with bury being a good side.

Lot of work to do in the summer for Scholes. Hope he manages to bring in 3 or 4 decent players.

Been a pretty depressing 23 years as an Oldham fan and going from 15th placed finishes is league one to 15th place finishes in league 2 is pretty depressing. But with a few good additions can see us having a good year next year. Onwards and upwards eh

Its a good job Scholes landed when we were (pretty much) safe, otherwise the pressure would have been truly on.

One win, a draw and two losses.

Summer is key and he needs to get it right.

40 years of supporting this club has been like acid erosion to my soul!:(

8 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Scholes was a mistake, not many industries where you can walk into a job with zero experience

So you'd have gone for Askey?  How exciting would that have been....? 

It's less than a fortnight - how the hell will we ever see any progress with this sort of short-termism.

Edited by Dave_Og

Bury, like the other teams at the very top, have had significant investment on the pitch and off it. Most other teams in or around the play offs have had a decent period of stability. 

We've had neither. And until we have at least one of those (preferably both) we’re never going to make any significant progress. I’m not sure why anyone would expect any different. 

12 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I wouldn’t blame Scholes, yet anyway. Came in at the wrong time, it should have been in the summer. Sign a deal and keep wild till the end of the season. But it’s done now, let’s hope AL can be patient....

We can blame him for the game tactics.

Unless the players are playing deeper and deeper as the game goes on  under  their own volition.

The most generous I can be is that Scholes must be giving everyone some match time to make his assessment for his retained list, otherwise why select players that Bunn and Wild appear to have binned?

My retained list:  Iverson, Dearnly, Lang and Clark.  Oops 3 aren't ours and Peter could retire.  Perhaps keep Nepo, Baxter and Hamer too.