Agree that we were well beaten today, the owner needs to stay away from recruitment and let scholes chose his own players.

The squad needs a complete overall and Maoche just doesn't do enough he's a luxury we can ill afford. Banger Egone flatters to deceive and Nepo is more effective as a left winger than a left back.

Baxter is our best player and the team needs building around him, just need to understand what his best position is, I think a 10, linking the play and using his ability in and around the box. Need mobility upfront as Surridge and Lang have shown, wouldn't mind Richie Bennett who looked decent for Morecambe and is one of our own too.

The defence looks very suspect and it's the 3rd game running we've conceded a very late goal which says a lot about concentration and fitness levels, thought we looked absolutely knackered as soon as second half started.

The squad is very thin and imbalanced, personally wouldn't mind some of the youth players being given a chance, get them blooded and let's see if there's gem in there.

Maybe next year without interference and scholes coaching we'll be up there challenging.

Edited by Brisbaneblue
Grammar

There's some right hyperbolic drama queens on here. The first half of our season saw us sitting just outside the playoffs in mid table, we've now lost the guy who scored the goals who got us there and we haven't got in a like for like replacement. How was the second half of the season supposed to be better than the first with a strictly worse team? I expected us to lose against a good Bury side and we did. Disappointing but not the end of the world. As far as I'm concerned it's all about setting up for next season now. Let Scholes make mistakes and learn, without pressure on him and the players from us, then he can build his own team in the summer and take us on from there. 

Well hands up I definitely underestimated the crowd, highest gate of the season for Bury!

Good first half, Baxter brilliant! Second half I don’t know why we sat back so much inviting them on, it was inevitable they would score and go on and win it.

Positive performances from Iversen, Clarke, Baxter, Dearnley, Lang, Missilou but not many more in my opinion and you need more than 6 playing well to win a game against a top end of table team away from home

2 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

We are probably at our lowest point in our history with the worst squad we have ever had, that is not an over reaction its a fact..

Out of all those players i would only keep Edmundson, Nepo, Baxter, Missilou and attempt to buy Lang..other than those 5 everybody else can piss off..

We was well beaten by a team that has improved over the season and in all honesty should have been beating us at half time..This week and the three games we have had to endure have to be three of the worst ever played im succession, the new manager effect hasnt happened..why??? All the players were pulling the same way for Wild but dont look too arsed to be playing for Scholes apart from Baxter who has stepped up his game..

Our season is now over and we are in Feb, no more away games for me this season because ive seen too many shit not giving a fuck performances in the last few months..

Fulham feels like it was a few seasons ago right now..

Fulham makes it worse.They could be arsed then, but not arsed in Division 2 of EFL

I see that old chestnut 'tiredness' has been churned out again, two games a week seems too much for some of them even though they haven't started every game.

I've seen part time non league players play three times a week and still look fit at the end of the season.

I was there today and and it appeared to me it was lack of willingness to take the game to the opposition in the 2nd half which was the problem.

I thought PS said he was bringing exciting football back, but we have yet to see two strikers up front?

Edited by BP1960

I agree bp this tiredness shit is bollocks, our season is done finishing mid table 10th at best is shite in this toss league, if we can’t beat crew/morecambe etc under a new manager Bury was always a tall order, that 3rd goal bury got should be shown on Comedy Central it was that bad!! Anyway glad I’ve booked a weekend away in Cambridge/Cheltenham/Exeter thinking we should at least be in the playoffs in this wank league 🤦🏻‍♂️

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I see that old chestnut 'tiredness' has been churned out again, two games a week seems too much for some of them even though they haven't started every game.

I've seen part time non league players play three times a week and still look fit at the end of the season.

I was there today and and it appeared to me it was lack of willingness to take the game to the opposition in the 2nd half which was the problem.

I thought PS said he was bringing exciting football back, but we have yet to see two strikers up front?

Hes not been answering your emails then?

21 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

E.g.I seem to recall Missolou playing out of his skin the like of which we hadn't seen previoysly or since

He played well first half then along with Maouche disappeared in the 2nd, subs should have been made much earlier and there was a case for Sylla being brought on to mark and shackle their dominant number 11. I've never seen a player given so much space on a football field, yet I thought we'd had Bury watched?

However, no matter what changes are made this still looks a dysfunctional team.

Just now, BP1960 said:

Never had anything to do with him, he's his own man anyway.

He is and like you say this squad is dysfunctional and he will need time to put this right. Sylla struggled to stop Morecambe cutting through us on tuesday so doubt he will have stopped the best midfield in the league. This highlights our lack of options at the moment

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He is and like you say this squad is dysfunctional and he will need time to put this right. Sylla struggled to stop Morecambe cutting through us on tuesday so doubt he will have stopped the best midfield in the league. This highlights our lack of options at the moment

It was a bit different today, Sylla could have been given a specific marking task on Rossiter, against Morecambe he looked like he hadn't been given any information at all as how to play ,which resulted in him looking totally lost.

I thought Nepo did a good job on Adams though for the most part. How is it he never looks tired when he's probably played in every game?

Edited by BP1960

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It was a bit different today, Sylla could have been given a specific marking task on Rossiter, against Morecambe he looked like he hadn't been given any information at all as how to play ,which resulted in him looking totally lost.

I thought Nepo did a good job on Adams though for the most part. How is it he never looks tired when he's probably played in every game?

Good players know how to pace themselves through 90 minutes. Majority of our players spend time chasing the ball and as a result are gassed out by 50-60 mins in.  We never ever retain possession and slow down play.  Most and I use that’s loosely are reactive and do not read the game well in our squad. 

3 hours ago, BJBlue said:

There's some right hyperbolic drama queens on here. The first half of our season saw us sitting just outside the playoffs in mid table, we've now lost the guy who scored the goals who got us there and we haven't got in a like for like replacement. How was the second half of the season supposed to be better than the first with a strictly worse team? I expected us to lose against a good Bury side and we did. Disappointing but not the end of the world. As far as I'm concerned it's all about setting up for next season now. Let Scholes make mistakes and learn, without pressure on him and the players from us, then he can build his own team in the summer and take us on from there. 

This 

I thought it was actually a decent performance against a very good side (probably the best in the league). Game plan was clear, keeping branger & dearnley wide to stop their wing backs and looking to counter with Lang running the wings. We also had some decent passages of play but just couldn't find enough clear chances. The way we played is always going to lead to tired players and I think the lack of quality on the bench led to PS not making subs until late on. Baxter was terrific in the first half and if we can see more of that then I wouldn't write us off completely. Onwards and (hopefully) upwards!

Scholes’ first 4 games: W1 D1 L2 F7 A7

Bunn’s record against Yeovil, Bury, Crewe and Morecambe: W3 D1 L0 F8 A2 

Not getting on Scholes’ back and I really hope we give him a full summer to implement his ideas and sign his own team but I’m just reiterating that Bunn was very, very harshly sacked (a point which I was called a contrarian for making). The ‘Dull’ shouts were genuinely bizarre - we were as attacking as we possibly could be with the squad available. From what I’ve heard (been unable to attend games this past month due to other commitments) the last 3 second-half performances have been some of the worst in living memory.

The players we currently have simply aren’t good enough to compete with the best teams in this division (a point which I received some pretty vile abuse for making last summer). Grim that the season is already over when we’re competing in the bottom tier and not even out of February. Lemsagam needs to invest a large amount in the playing squad If we want to be a force next season.

Absolutely broken tonight in more ways than one. 

I genuinly thought we had it.

Even the most positive blood cell me tonight is struggling to make a case of the top 6 and I’m devastated. I genuinly thought we had them.

I hope they fail in the play-offs and Rochdale come down.

Wouldn’t change it for the world though.

2,758 off the back of a defeat to Morecambe sat 15th. 

I’ve no doubt one day soon after 26 years our day will come, all these years of hopefulness, teasing and belief, will just add to the euphoria that day. Like if we were doing a West Brom up and down it’d be normal. When we finally go up from this league and believe me we f*cking will, it’ll be special and worth the wait.

I know my messages divide opinion but I went to my first ever game in 1997 at home against Grimsby in the League Cup first round first leg. 

Since then i’ve seen 2 play off failures, 2 last day escapes, 2 EFL trophy final failures and one relegation. 

I sat in the pub car park with semi tears the day we went down. I thought 10 years again I’d be heartbroken. When it happened I didn’t really care it’s just a game. I sat in that same car park after the Colombia penalty win. The best footballing day in my life. 

I went MK Dons at home on August 4th with more enthusiasm then I had for 8 years since Swansea at home when Molnago bagged. It’s the hope that ruins you. 

I never expected us to walk this league. We’ll finish 8th-14th. 

The only thing that 22 years of misery and being there that keeps you going is one day I know we’ll achieve something and it’ll mean the absolute f* cking world.

I’ve done Gillingham 3-0 on December 30th when we were drenched. I’ve done Millwall when Hughesy bagged 3. I’ve done 0-0 at Southampton on a Tuesday. I’ve done the 3-2 at Bristol our last ever win under Sheridan. I did the 2-1 in our play-off year at the Withdean. Done it all as I’m sure we all have.

Point is, one day we’ll do something and I hope it’s one of the best days of my life.

Sat around City fans talking of going to Wembley tomorrow and I couldn’t think of anything less appealing, and to be fair these are City fans that have been there since 1994. 

I can’t wait till the day we rise again whether it’s next year or in 5 years time.

This club have give me many a good time, given me memories with friends I’ll treasure, introduced to me friends and made me smile through dark times. 

OAFC 💙🧡

Just to close it. We wouldn’t be in this position if we hadn’t of sacked John Sheridan.

Yes it’s in the past. Yes it’s boring. It’s fact though. What he did during those two escapes, that form. Just wow. 💙

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Scholes’ first 4 games: W1 D1 L2 F7 A7

Bunn’s record against Yeovil, Bury, Crewe and Morecambe: W3 D1 L0 F8 A2 

Not getting on Scholes’ back and I really hope we give him a full summer to implement his ideas and sign his own team but I’m just reiterating that Bunn was very, very harshly sacked (a point which I was called a contrarian for making). The ‘Dull’ shouts were genuinely bizarre - we were as attacking as we possibly could be with the squad available. From what I’ve heard (been unable to attend games this past month due to other commitments) the last 3 second-half performances have been some of the worst in living memory.

The players we currently have simply aren’t good enough to compete with the best teams in this division (a point which I received some pretty vile abuse for making last summer). Grim that the season is already over when we’re competing in the bottom tier and not even out of February. Lemsagam needs to invest a large amount in the playing squad If we want to be a force next season.

I thought the same regarding Bunn for what it's worth but you have to ask the question as to why no matter who's the manager, this band of merry men seem to turn it on and off when it suits.

Something's a miss, possibly a tainted mindset of our recent past and it's already taking down scholesy's credibility and standing in some folks eyes.

The guy has only just walked into a fire storm of epic proportions and will need plenty of time to dampen down the aspirations of those going against the grain.

After 4 games he'll already know who's leaving the club.

Bury had all the quality and were far superior all over the pitch. They constantly played through our midfield as if they weren’t there and it was embarrassing at times.

Baxter, Branger and Maouche are technically very good footballers but as a unit, defending, they are non existent.

I said before the game that defensively our midfield wouldn’t be up to it and for me that’s where the game was lost.

They are definitely the best side in our division and after having stuck with Ryan Lowe after relegation they are now reaping  the rewards of good recruitment and a settled side.

Theres no reason that can’t be us next season as long as AL gives Scholes the necessary backing.

Scholes needs time to build his own squad and learn about management at this level - of that there's no doubt.

It seems the first thing he needs to learn is not to say we've played well when we haven't and to not blame poor performances on tiredness and the state of the pitches - because no one cares.  The tiredness issue in particular is the same for everyone at this level and this and the pitch is something unpopular manager and fellow former Premier League player David Dunn used an excuse.