5 hours ago, Ryan said:

Only 2 pages of rambling since the full-time whistle after an embarrassing defeat against a local rival whose ground we haven’t lost at for 5 decades tells you all you need to know. 

Universal apathy.

I think its a sign people are more philosophical of the situation Scholes has inherited hes had 2 weeks and with 4 games in those 2 weeks hasn't had time to really try anything new with the team yet. Its going to take time this.

Its frustrating that Bury have regrouped from relegation far better than we have but alot of that comes down to the fact that they have got a man in at the back end of last season who had time to assess the squad. This gave him a head start in recruitment in the summer and he has done with backing and support rather than interference.

5 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Absolutely broken tonight in more ways than one. 

I genuinly thought we had it.

Even the most positive blood cell me tonight is struggling to make a case of the top 6 and I’m devastated. I genuinly thought we had them.

I hope they fail in the play-offs and Rochdale come down.

Wouldn’t change it for the world though.

2,758 off the back of a defeat to Morecambe sat 15th. 

I’ve no doubt one day soon after 26 years our day will come, all these years of hopefulness, teasing and belief, will just add to the euphoria that day. Like if we were doing a West Brom up and down it’d be normal. When we finally go up from this league and believe me we f*cking will, it’ll be special and worth the wait.

I know my messages divide opinion but I went to my first ever game in 1997 at home against Grimsby in the League Cup first round first leg. 

Since then i’ve seen 2 play off failures, 2 last day escapes, 2 EFL trophy final failures and one relegation. 

I sat in the pub car park with semi tears the day we went down. I thought 10 years again I’d be heartbroken. When it happened I didn’t really care it’s just a game. I sat in that same car park after the Colombia penalty win. The best footballing day in my life. 

I went MK Dons at home on August 4th with more enthusiasm then I had for 8 years since Swansea at home when Molnago bagged. It’s the hope that ruins you. 

I never expected us to walk this league. We’ll finish 8th-14th. 

The only thing that 22 years of misery and being there that keeps you going is one day I know we’ll achieve something and it’ll mean the absolute f* cking world.

I’ve done Gillingham 3-0 on December 30th when we were drenched. I’ve done Millwall when Hughesy bagged 3. I’ve done 0-0 at Southampton on a Tuesday. I’ve done the 3-2 at Bristol our last ever win under Sheridan. I did the 2-1 in our play-off year at the Withdean. Done it all as I’m sure we all have.

Point is, one day we’ll do something and I hope it’s one of the best days of my life.

Sat around City fans talking of going to Wembley tomorrow and I couldn’t think of anything less appealing, and to be fair these are City fans that have been there since 1994. 

I can’t wait till the day we rise again whether it’s next year or in 5 years time.

This club have give me many a good time, given me memories with friends I’ll treasure, introduced to me friends and made me smile through dark times. 

OAFC 💙🧡

Just to close it. We wouldn’t be in this position if we hadn’t of sacked John Sheridan.

Yes it’s in the past. Yes it’s boring. It’s fact though. What he did during those two escapes, that form. Just wow. 💙

Have you been on the gin?

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think its a sign people are more philosophical of the situation Scholes has inherited hes had 2 weeks and with 4 games in those 2 weeks hasn't had time to really try anything new with the team yet. Its going to take time this.

Its frustrating that Bury have regrouped from relegation far better than we have but alot of that comes down to the fact that they have got a man in at the back end of last season who had time to assess the squad. This gave him a head start in recruitment in the summer and he has done with backing and support rather than interference.

Ive said for a good while now that we seem to start every season with a virtually new team and in some cases a new manager. It then takes a few months for things to gel, we start to get going, then we have a poor transfer window and a shit pitch in January and we are back to square one.

We really need to start to build now for next season, keep a nucleas of a squad, get rid of the chaff and have a clear set of targets for the summer, and FFS spend some money on the pitch!

As Barry Blatter might say “let’s start to do things properly around here,” then we might have half a chance.

6 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

Ive said for a good while now that we seem to start every season with a virtually new team and in some cases a new manager. It then takes a few months for things to gel, we start to get going, then we have a poor transfer window and a shit pitch in January and we are back to square one.

We really need to start to build now for next season, keep a nucleas of a squad, get rid of the chaff and have a clear set of targets for the summer, and FFS spend some money on the pitch!

As Barry Blatter might say “let’s start to do things properly around here,” then we might have half a chance.

Absolutely. We rarely start the season with the manager that finished the last. And when we do (Shez at start of last season) there’s no backing for him over the summer and we’re scratching around for loans by the end of August. 

We can blame each manager, pick holes in selection/tactics or complain about what he says in interviews. But until there’s proper backing, infrastructure and a plan (😉) to move forward then nothing will change. We’ll win some, get excited, then lose some and get angry again. But the only constant is the inconsistency. 

13 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Absolutely. We rarely start the season with the manager that finished the last. And when we do (Shez at start of last season) there’s no backing for him over the summer and we’re scratching around for loans by the end of August. 

We can blame each manager, pick holes in selection/tactics or complain about what he says in interviews. But until there’s proper backing, infrastructure and a plan (😉) to move forward then nothing will change. We’ll win some, get excited, then lose some and get angry again. But the only constant is the inconsistency. 

You are right, everything on and off the pitch is dysfunctional.

The owner needs a proper structure starting with a board of directors and a policy for the future.  

The Scholes appointment showed signs of a change, but let's see how much backing he gets in player recruitment this summer. No more foreign imports would be the biggest sign Scholes was in charge, but there's an uneasy feeling that won't happen with the agency links involved. 

Edited by BP1960

23 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

12 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Double upvote for these posts.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

You are right, everything on and off the pitch is dysfunctional.

The owner needs a proper structure starting with a board of directors and a policy for the future.  

The Scholes appointment showed signs of a change, but let's see how much backing he gets in player recruitment this summer. No more foreign imports would be the biggest sign Scholes was in charge, but there's an uneasy feeling that won't happen with the agency links involved. 

and an upvote for this aswell.

15 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

We are probably at our lowest point in our history with the worst squad we have ever had, that is not an over reaction its a fact..

Out of all those players i would only keep Edmundson, Nepo, Baxter, Missilou and attempt to buy Lang..other than those 5 everybody else can piss off..

We was well beaten by a team that has improved over the season and in all honesty should have been beating us at half time..This week and the three games we have had to endure have to be three of the worst ever played im succession, the new manager effect hasnt happened..why??? All the players were pulling the same way for Wild but dont look too arsed to be playing for Scholes apart from Baxter who has stepped up his game..

Our season is now over and we are in Feb, no more away games for me this season because ive seen too many shit not giving a fuck performances in the last few months..

Fulham feels like it was a few seasons ago right now..

The squads Ritchie had in League One in the late nineties were much worse than this. Difference is those squads were old school with homegrown passion and commitment. 

27 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Stott written off the other night and now it’s George’s turn given some of the comments on Twitter. Embarrassing.

If people on twatter are saying George isn't good enough they don't go to games. He's improved massively. The odd error here and there is to be expected from every player at this level regardless of experience, team or position

On 2/13/2019 at 1:16 PM, GlossopLatic said:

Awful performance. The three goals conecded were as bad as I can recall. I should think Scholes knows now who has got owt about and some don't have futures at the club.

Svholes darting up the tunnel at full time was embarrassing.

No defending anything yesterday. Only consolation is that Baxter is getting better.

Booked up for a weekend in Cardiff for the Newport game and doubt I'll even take in the match.

Season over folks.

Edited by UpTheLatics

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

The squads Ritchie had in League One in the late nineties were much worse than this. Difference is those squads were old school with homegrown passion and commitment. 

You're right players like Rickers weren't technically as good, but gave 100% for 90 minutes. We now have a bunch of airy fairy 60 minute men.

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If people on twatter are saying George isn't good enough they don't go to games. He's improved massively. The odd error here and there is to be expected from every player at this level regardless of experience, team or position

The main dawdler was Hunt who must be in line to be replaced after recent poor performances.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Don't get that at all; nothing wrong with foreign imports if they are better than the domestic players who are available.

Anyone questioning Scholes after a fortnight is a complete arsehole imo. Once he has his own players next season I’m hoping he can implement his style of play. If Dearnley (hes a real player) is anything to go by I’m hoping and expecting, he’s got some gems up his sleeve. The players we have now are not good enough in the slightest. I’m still confident PS is the correct appointment to take us forward. Some need to have a word with themselves. 

13 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Anyone questioning Scholes after a fortnight is a complete arsehole imo. Once he has his own players next season I’m hoping he can implement his style of play. If Dearnley (hes a real player) is anything to go by I’m hoping and expecting, he’s got some gems up his sleeve. The players we have now are not good enough in the slightest. I’m still confident PS is the correct appointment to take us forward. Some need to have a word with themselves. 

Totally agree.

48 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Maybe if most of these know they won't be here next season and have agents already sounding out moves they aren't too bothered about grafting for PS or anyone?

52 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Definitely, this should be the start of a constructive journey for the club, basically to build and repair on numerous dysfunctional and disjointed seasons. I would like to think with his pedigree that Scholes has an eye for a decent player, the challenge is spotting and obtaining them at this level with our budget and that is where his numerous contacts in the game should be utilised . Scholes should use and I believe is using our relative safety now to experiment to see what everyone throughout the squad is made of and like some on here have already said, I think there are several who will be gone in summer. Lets see if he can get the Scottish lad in from Ayr, would be a good start.

4 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Those squads were miles better than this tripe we’ve got now. They had Sheridan, Eyres, Carrs, Dux... They are a million times better than anything we’ve got now (maybe except Clarke)