Swindon (h) Sat 13th April

28 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Well - amazingly, I managed to maintain self-discipline and keep up my boycott. I met my mate from Swindon for a pint or two before the game - and then I went home (yes it was hard). I can't speak with him for a while as he's driving back and no "hands free" method available.

Those that went - did Swindon look a good side please? (he reckons they are going up via playoffs!).

I thought they knocked the ball about well, Swindon teams generally do. but they aren't clinical enough in either box to go up.

Travelled up from Kent for this one, having seen plenty of away matches this season and been very proud of our support despite some very disappointing performances.

There can be no criticism of Wild for picking the same team after 3 wins, but with the exception of Missilou the midfield were poor in the first half. But at 1-0 up and not seemingly in any danger of conceding, a half time lead looked safe despite us not seeing much of the ball until Edmondson over did it a bit. So close to the break too! 

Second half started the same, and tbh we only started playing when we went 2-1 down. Coincidence that Jose and Sylla joined the fray? I think not, and these 2 need to start at Cheltenham. Poor old Lang ran his legs off as usual but should easily have had at least two.

Mom definitely Missilou for me, but must mention Clarke who surely must be offered a new contract. His contribution is massive, and continues to be “the leader of the Latics’.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JED said:

Travelled up from Kent for this one, having seen plenty of away matches this season and been very proud of our support despite some very disappointing performances.

There can be no criticism of Wild for picking the same team after 3 wins, but with the exception of Missilou the midfield were poor in the first half. But at 1-0 up and not seemingly in any danger of conceding, a half time lead looked safe despite us not seeing much of the ball until Edmondson over did it a bit. So close to the break too! 

Second half started the same, and tbh we only started playing when we went 2-1 down. Coincidence that Jose and Sylla joined the fray? I think not, and these 2 need to start at Cheltenham. Poor old Lang ran his legs off as usual but should easily have had at least two.

Mom definitely Missilou for me, but must mention Clarke who surely must be offered a new contract. His contribution is massive, and continues to be “the leader of the Latics’.

Appreciate the update. 

I work in  Tonbridge BTW so also appreciate the journey you made!

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You'll be in a minority there with that line of thinking. Some great balls into the box today too.

I agree, but man of the match? I'm sure they said it was him. Missile for me, broke up a lot of their moves today and saved us from potentially going further behind

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Baxter was up for it when he came on and along with Sylla livened us up massively.

I'm not a big hater of O grady and he can be subtle with the effect he has on a game but sometime its that subtle I cant see what hes doing at all

Cog has been good this season! But we were better with the changes 

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Cog has been good this season! But we were better with the changes 

I think Swindon were a half decent very mobile team which didn't suit O grady, some teams do suit his style - horses for courses and Wild eventually saw that and made the change

1 hour ago, singe said:

Appreciate the update. 

I work in  Tonbridge BTW so also appreciate the journey you made!

Silver wedding anniversary trip for the Missis 😁.

2 of us in Tonbridge - plus my lad makes 3.  We could start our own branch of supporters!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I think Swindon were a half decent very mobile team which didn't suit O grady, some teams do suit his style - horses for courses and Wild eventually saw that and made the change

34 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Dont you mean cart horses?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, losesome said:

As disappointed as I am with today's game I was more disappointed with Wild. 

As great a job as he's done I don't want him to be our manager next season.

Far too negative again and for the 1st hour we just sat back and let them have the ball upto the edge of our box.

We haven't got the players to play that game as we cant catch teams on the break.

Wild makes us difficult to beat but boring to watch.

Only when we went 2-1 did we have a go and looked like winning,  had we started the match like that I'm sure we would have got a better result. 

Winning 3 games on the trot gave us  an unexpected tilt at the play offs and consequently should have gone out today all guns blazing as we had nothing to lose.

The chance has gone now so time to be looking now for next season's manager so he can start as soon as this season ends.

I think difficult to beat and boring to watch might be whats needed to get us out of this division.

Ive seen play slick passing games in the past and so many times come away with nowt.

Wild identified the problem today (albeit a bit late) and made the necessary subs.

I think he is as good as we can get and he seems to learn from experience which is a good indicator that he will improve with time.

I think he should be given the job perm barring a disaster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, True Tic said:

I agree, but man of the match? I'm sure they said it was him. Missile for me, broke up a lot of their moves today and saved us from potentially going further behind

Not man of the match, no. I've given up with the sponsors motm. Think they're just pissed and pick someone for a laugh sometimes