“The target is to try to go up this year,” said Banide

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

:applause1:

Then it will be 10 games, then Christmas then.......

Anyway thought we were getting our business done early this year?

No it won’t. I’ve already said I’ll judge afyer first competitive game and at the end of the window.

I’m a bit surprised people who are “done”, have seen the “final nail”, said “that’s it”, “can’t be arsed any more” are still interested in the team for the coming season. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be a long season without goalscorers.

It will be a long tough season without goalscorers and central defenders.

I don't know where we are at, I am a little confused with the whole set up but we still have time to bring in more players.

I would be amazed if more forwards and defenders don't arrive.

What can we do but hope those making decisions see it as we non experts do !!

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

No it won’t. I’ve already said I’ll judge afyer first competitive game and at the end of the window.

I’m a bit surprised people who are “done”, have seen the “final nail”, said “that’s it”, “can’t be arsed any more” are still interested in the team for the coming season. 

Still a fan even though the clowns wont see a penny, you don't have to pay to have a say you know.

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

The league position won't lie, I will probably be at Forest Green and a couple of the local away friendlies so will get to see the rabble for myself.

Sounds like you've already judged them?

11 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Sounds like you've already judged them?

Yes - I'm judging that squad on what I've seen of them and it's weak with no character led by a couple of dead legs from the sidelines, my view of it might change but I won't hold my breath. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Still a fan even though the clowns wont see a penny, you don't have to pay to have a say you know.

And what is the logical result if everybodoes like you? No income no club.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes - I'm judging that squad on what I've seen of them and it's weak with no character led by a couple of dead legs from the sidelines, my view of it might change but I won't hold my breath. 

What does it matter if you no longer support the team?

34 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

And what is the logical result if everybodoes like you? No income no club.

Smoke the fuckers out.

What does it matter if you no longer support the team?

Who says I don't support the team? Trust me it's my team and there won't be many on here who've followed them as loyally as I have but my financial support has been withdrawn until the clowns leave town the only exception to that will be if I have to buy an away ticket in advance, when I can pay on the day I will.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

But you've already judged that we won't go down...

So?  A prediction we won’t go down isn’t the same as slagging players off 10 games in when you haven’t been to see a match.  

Just now, kowenicki said:

So?  A prediction we won’t go down isn’t the same as slagging players off 10 games in when you haven’t been to see a match.  

Who you on about now? You haven't seen them yet to predict confidently that we won't go down have you? 

22 hours ago, al_bro said:

The loan players we get will be critical. None of the foreign players we have are classed as home grown payers, so we can't afford many more. 

Except the loan keeper as he was registered with Swansea for 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (he was signed in 2013, when he was 17).

Very easy way round the regulations. I'd wager we sign other (youth) internationals who meet the requirement too. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Very easy way round the regulations. I'd wager we sign other (youth) internationals who meet the requirement too. 

They would have to be in the team or on the bench for each game.

18 hours ago, kowenicki said:

You don't actually have to be there to watch the match, some choose to watch it from home and some make the journey over.

Doesn't make you any more of a supporter does it?

26 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

You don't actually have to be there to watch the match, some choose to watch it from home and some make the journey over.

Doesn't make you any more of a supporter does it?

Well it actually does. Had to point this out to an earlier poster-no income-no club.

SUPPORT-

give assistance to, especially financially.

There is a difference between supporting a club and following a club.

19 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Smoke the fuckers out.

Who says I don't support the team? Trust me it's my team and there won't be many on here who've followed them as loyally as I have but my financial support has been withdrawn until the clowns leave town the only exception to that will be if I have to buy an away ticket in advance, when I can pay on the day I will.

What if everything settles down and they suddenly appear to be running the club in an acceptable manner? 

And/or we’re top of the league.....?

42 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

That’s never been my understanding of the word... 🤷🏼‍♂️

That's one of the definitions of the word that appears in the dictionary. Unless you mean support as in hold up. 

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Well it actually does. Had to point this out to an earlier poster-no income-no club.

SUPPORT-

give assistance to, especially financially.

There is a difference between supporting a club and following a club.

Very true I've followed them all over and at last count that was at over 140 different grounds but I've supported the team all my life, if you want to try tell me I'm not a supporter now because I will probably only go to between a dozen and twenty (away) games next season then I will tell you your talking out of your arse, I support the team not the owner and what i spend my money on is entirely my choice thank you.

24 minutes ago, Jimbooth said:

That's one of the definitions of the word that appears in the dictionary. Unless you mean support as in hold up. 

I mean support as in support a football team. 

If I wanted to “give assistance to, especially financially” I’d become a sponsor or become a director. 

Whenever I’ve told someone I “support Oldham” they’ve never asked me in what way I assist or how much I chuck in.... 🤷🏼‍♂️

You? 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

What if everything settles down and they suddenly appear to be running the club in an acceptable manner? 

It's a difficult one but if that was the case I'd reconsider my decision but it's hard to put to one side how people I know have been treated and the sly shithouse way these blokes operate, personally I don't want to be party to it, I wont criticize anybody who wants to go and sometimes wish I could approach it the way some of my friends do who effectively go for the social aspect regardless of how we are being run, it's just my personal choice though.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

With all due respect that isn't going to happen until everything settles down and club is run in an acceptable manner, personally I feel the situation will get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

On 7/6/2019 at 4:41 PM, yarddog73 said:

We've lost Iverson, Clarke, Edmondson, Lang, Surridge and even Lyden from last season and replaced none, in my opinion they were our best six players followed probably by Nepo whose the only real decent player we've kept whose consistent, Maouche and Missilou should be okay along with Mills but other than that we are relegation material, Notts County went into last season with a pretty decent squad and were favourites to go up which should tell us if you continue to run a shitshow you get punished, unfortunately AL and more pertinently ML are being allowed to gamble with our clubs future using it as their own little play thing and making some extraordinary decisions along the way, personally given the squad we've got there is not a chance we will finish top half and if Corney was running the club in this way you'd be all over it like a rash and rightly so. Its shit and needs sorting out sharpish not ten games into the season when everyone will be blaming the manager (again).

We've brought in 2 goalkeepers. So Iversen has been replaced (fans are complaining we now have 3 keepers!) The quality of his replacement...is...as I said...to be seen once the season begins. Clarke & Edmondson most certainly need replacing. It's July 9th...I'll piss my pants if we've not added any centre backs around the end of July. Not today tho, thanks. Surridge and Lyden went well before the season end...we still were in with a shout of the playoffs without them so there was ability to mix-it in this league (until the Ginger one fucked it.) Lang will be the hardest player of the lot to replace but then, we're in League Two and it'll be tough to find another him (or Surridge.)

I do love this annual early July pissing session our fans do. Every single year. As for Corney...not sure how far back OWTB's archives go but if you search for previous Julys you'll see I've said the same every time. A squad will be built up towards the start of the season and with the loan window going on further into August, I'm well aware we will utilise that once the permanent signings window closes. It's what we do. That wasn't my issue with Corney...it was things like loaning money off the likes of Necarcu (links with Vaughan) and selling sell-on clauses for a bag of pork scratchings.

Getting back to my original point however, this league won't be any harder than last season. It's just a great sound bite. Everyone thought the likes of Bradford would walk it in League One when they came down, now they're in League Two. It might take them a couple of years to turn their slide around. Salford could be strong but they will be doing the Lincoln march up the pyramid. Like for like. It happens.

Be nice if we just held our thoughts for a couple of weeks and see what we build. Novel idea, eh?

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:35 PM, HarryBosch said:

Then people change their mind about things and come back and attendances increase.

Only stupid people don't change their mind.

Archived