“The target is to try to go up this year,” said Banide

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Hunt over mills ? You must be joking ? Hunt is shite. I’d also dispute Taylor being better than ANYONE regardless of how poor Smith-Brown has been. 

Agree with much of the rest of the post though. 

This is getting into a habit.....but I agree again with you!!😂

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Hunt over mills ? You must be joking ? Hunt is shite. I’d also dispute Taylor being better than ANYONE regardless of how poor Smith-Brown has been. 

Agree with much of the rest of the post though. 

I wasn't a fan of Hunt but if he 'had' to go Hamer was the natural replacement given he could potentially attract a fee down the line, another nonsensical decision. Mills really shouldn't of been signed.

Taylor or Smith-Brown? You probably wouldn't have neither near the football club butTaylor still wins it for me which probably shows you how poor we've become.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I wasn't a fan of Hunt but if he 'had' to go Hamer was the natural replacement given he could potentially attract a fee down the line, another nonsensical decision. Mills really shouldn't of been signed.

Taylor or Smith-Brown? You probably wouldn't have neither near the football club butTaylor still wins it for me which probably shows you how poor we've become.

Imo, Id have Mills RB, Hamer next to Wheater and Iacovitti out left, or Hamer out left and Iacovitti stays. Mills looks more attacking threat, and our full backs need to start helping with creating chances, as the current midfield are pretty poor in doing so on their own.

Its rather difficult for the back four to get forward when the midfield are running round like headless chickens.

If Banide is trying to allow players to float around they are not good enough - they need a system - they need to be able to keep a defensive shape.

9 minutes ago, youngen said:

Imo, Id have Mills RB, Hamer next to Wheater and Iacovitti out left, or Hamer out left and Iacovitti stays. Mills looks more attacking threat, and our full backs need to start helping with creating chances, as the current midfield are pretty poor in doing so on their own.

Couldn't argue with that, I just feel Hamer needs an extended run in his preferred position to secure a move and bring in some much needed revenue.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Couldn't argue with that, I just feel Hamer needs an extended run in his preferred position to secure a move and bring in some much needed revenue.

He needs to work on his positional play and getting forward if we are going to get any revenue for him. His best attribute is a long throw in currently, he’s massively overrated imo. 

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Well Woods and Wheater have excelled so far so easy to call that. 

Others hit and miss so need looking at more.

If one clean sheet and one win in seven games where either or both has played is excelling, then you clearly have very, very low standards.

52 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

If one clean sheet and one win in seven games where either or both has played is excelling, then you clearly have very, very low standards.

Or if those two have excelled in those games it should make it easier to come to some conclusions about the other nine 

2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

33 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If you've seen my missus then you'll know that is correct

Is Mrs mc good at cleaning sheets then? 😁

On 7/4/2019 at 12:20 PM, oafcshuck said:

For the first time in years our gaffer has optimism and hope. That will do for me.

Now let's get this train started !

I have a funny feeling we'll win the league this season, some cracking signings made, a couple more to come and let's be honest we deserve to be back at our level. 

“My priority is to play well, give the players confidence and have a good team”

“That’s my objective.”

Confidence and a good changing room is key at this level, the Morocco trip can only enhance that. 

Oh dear. Your tune has changed. Must have been on the dearer stuff that day. 

Archived