OAFC Latest Accounts

3 minutes ago, underdog said:

We are a company and we have to follow all necessary steps/exhaust all routes available to us as representing the members and fans of OAFC

So if we are at the point of no return, no person, fellow fan or legal entity can say we did not try.

Lets all hope it does not get to that point.

Question - exactly how many times does he have to completely fuck you off before all steps are exhausted??

you could have got to heaven and back on the steps so far 

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Free travel to away games. Free tickets. Other travel costs. Free booze with your free lunch. Halftime snack. 

Seriously, being a football club board member can easily be worth around £5k pa, if you compare it to prices at football grounds. 

You'd have to pay me more than that to swap piss ups on the train with putting a blazer and tie on every other weekend and spending all day glad handing 23 regional variations of Bazza whilst tucking into rubber chicken 

56 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

But surely it's better to have the 3% and a place on the board if that allows them to influence just one thing for the greater good at some point...

We do need a separate Independents Supports Association though who can do what the fuck they want/not have to play nice....

Just imagine.

a) A truly independent, and well organised/ supported, supporters' group gels everyone together. After years of shite from various owners, they decide to actually DO something. Initial protests (largely ignored) and then a boycott of games is arranged and the attendance is down by around 1500 for 3 home games in succession. The owner simply cannot afford to sustain such losses to cashflow (with the threat of further boycotts) as he's potless and so either changes his ways rapidly or disappears.

b) Meanwhile, the ever so nice Trust continues with its "we've got a 3% shareholding; it gives us rights you know and the FSA love it" mantra. And that achieves........ ?

Tell me, who has more influence?

The fans actually have the power at this club - we've not got an owner with a bottomless pit of cash. Cashflow is vital to him but, we (the fans) of course won't gel until it's too late. 

Different situations need different strategies, Harry. In normal circumstances I would agree with you. Our circumstances have been far from normal for many years (and certainly aren't at present) but the Trust has never fundamentally changed its strategy. Noises were made about a change of strategy when they sent the letter to the owner last season but, since then ?

I cannot see them being a force to reckon with in the current situation. Neither can many others, who have also presented cogent viewpoints. That's why we won't join the Trust as some people keep clamouring for. What is the point of joining something which you believe is incapable of achieving the change desperately required.

For me, the FLG is the only hope I currently cling on to because, as fans, we are utterly useless at unifying.

24 minutes ago, wiseowl said:
1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Just imagine.

a) A truly independent, and well organised/ supported, supporters' group gels everyone together. After years of shite from various owners, they decide to actually DO something. Initial protests (largely ignored) and then a boycott of games is arranged and the attendance is down by around 1500 for 3 home games in succession. The owner simply cannot afford to sustain such losses to cashflow (with the threat of further boycotts) as he's potless and so either changes his ways rapidly or disappears.

b) Meanwhile, the ever so nice Trust continues with its "we've got a 3% shareholding; it gives us rights you know and the FSA love it" mantra. And that achieves........ ?

Why does it have to be one or the other?? There’s merits in both. Sick of this club dividing fans and this shit doesn’t help. Just plays into the Lemmys’ hands. 

Just now, jorvik_latic said:

Why does it have to be one or the other?? There’s merits in both. Sick of this club dividing fans and this shit doesn’t help. Just plays into the Lemmys’ hands. 

No other reason than we don't have a big enough fan base, jorvik.

It's not shit - it's an opinion - held by many. 

2 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

By rights all shareholders should be allowed access to company accounts but AL just fobs them off..

That's just not the case. It's disappointing, a euphemism, that he had apparently indicated that they would have the details and appears to have reneged on that 

26 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

If fans care strongly enough to set up a supporters association then they can. Trust members could join if they wanted. Association members could join the Trust if they wanted. The Trust will still run regardless and keep an eye on the club. Trying to say there has to be one or the other is divisive and yes, shit. 

If the 3% shareholding counts for very little. Then whats the worst case scenario if say they kicked off with the owner Darren resigns due to lack of transparency they mob up with the FLG and try and force him out of the club by say protests or boycotts.

In other words effectively acting as an independent voice but still keeping the 3%?

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If the 3% shareholding counts for very little. Then whats the worst case scenario if say they kicked off with the owner Darren resigns due to lack of transparency they mob up with the FLG and try and force him out of the club by say protests or boycotts.

In other words effectively acting as an independent voice but still keeping the 3%?

They’d still get ignored probably - we are in danger of falling into a position where we think AL gives the slightest shit about any of it 

19 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

They’d still get ignored probably - we are in danger of falling into a position where we think AL gives the slightest shit about any of it 

We're in danger of thinking he gives a shit? 

Try rearranging these words into a well known phrase or saying. 

Ship sailed long has that since. 

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Just imagine.

The fans actually have the power at this club - we've not got an owner with a bottomless pit of cash. Cashflow is vital to him but, we (the fans) of course won't gel until it's too late. 

Different situations need different strategies, Harry. In normal circumstances I would agree with you. Our circumstances have been far from normal for many years (and certainly aren't at present) but the Trust has never fundamentally changed its strategy. Noises were made about a change of strategy when they sent the letter to the owner last season but, since then ?

I cannot see them being a force to reckon with in the current situation. Neither can many others, who have also presented cogent viewpoints. That's why we won't join the Trust as some people keep clamouring for. What is the point of joining something which you believe is incapable of achieving the change desperately required.

For me, the FLG is the only hope I currently cling on to because, as fans, we are utterly useless at unifying.

good luck getting together a well run and organised independant supporters group from amongst our supporters as AL has played an absolute blinder by enlisting Birkett and the rest of his facebook clique to devide the fan base and they have done that for him beautifully the first rule of devide and conquer is dont let your opponent know they are being devided he achieved that long before many cottoned on 

29 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

Im less worried that AL gives a fuck he doesn't care about anyone or anything even those idiots who are still defending him or engaging in endless whataboutisms to deflect blame away from him.

Im trying to think what the best option for the trust is.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

The support is clearly there in the background. I mean if we could just sway 50% of you’re likeminded buddies you keep bumping into in weatherspoons, that’d be a start...

*This post is meant to be lighthearted and in no way intended to intimidate 🙄

2 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

You just can't resist can you simply? However, you need to get your facts right.

The last 2 I bumped into were in the Tommyfield and Snipe 😀

I can’t resist ? Your joking ? I’ve turned a blind eye to plenty of the other bollox you’ve posted. 

The Tommyfield you say ? The club need to stop wasting time on sending free tickets to schools and whip them round there !! 

Peace ✌️  

😩

46 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Don't talk about peoples weight on here, it's frowned upon.

You really are a wanker. You called a kid who probably reads this board obese. One he’s not even obese in the slightest. Two, what if he was sensitive to this and your comment had a negative impact on his mental state. Talk about Oldham and not someone’s personal characteristics. 

Archived