#ReclaimTheFaith

35 minutes ago, underdog said:

Believe it or not, mine and Mark Harrington's Resignations did not even make the agenda on Monday last.

Some other blooming important meeting with PTB and FSA was priority....how very dare they......

I had the EFL update link ready to go out in the Feb update, but other stuff happened...hey ho

You can put your feet up now, our resignations have been loaded to Companies House!
Make sure you give the passwords!
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08860767/filing-history

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, underdog said:

The Trust are a little behind publishing the link of the EFL/FSA supporter Trust meeting in December.

We were specifically asked to attend. Your Trust Chair raised a few points

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/fan-reps-meet-efl-executives-winter-2019/

FSA are also highlighting our plight

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/oldham-athletic-hierarchy-under-fire-amid-financial-crisis/

The trust behind publishing anything, never! I refuse to belive such a derogatory allegation...

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

The trust behind publishing anything, never! I refuse to belive such a derogatory allegation...

hahah...well I should know I bloody well wrote them and they are sat there....hahah......

However that said, I was not a comms person and I tend to write them in an agressive manner  and the diplomats in the team or even sometimes, FSA said I needed to tone it down and not go for the jugular....... yet.

Luckily, our comms chap is back and he is much better at it than me....I tend to go through at least 5 drafts before I send them on for approval....doh!

11 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Please visit our website to see the full results and analysis of the season tickets & fan engagement survey. Thanks to all who contributed and if you have any queries or comments at all please let us know.

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/the-survey-results-13-03-2020 

A fool and his money   season ticket income are soon parted !

5 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Please visit our website to see the full results and analysis of the season tickets & fan engagement survey. Thanks to all who contributed and if you have any queries or comments at all please let us know.

Hope the club are taking note of the analysis.

Pretty sure EFL FFP looks at match day attendances and season ticket sales. SCMP get submitted to EFL in  June for the up and coming season...yikes

PART 4 – LEAGUE TWO FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY SALARY COST MANAGEMENT PROTOCOL (SCMP) GUIDANCE NOTES

1 SCMP Requirement

1.1 All League Two Clubs (hereafter Clubs or Club) are required to meet the SCMP Requirement (as defined in Note 1.2) for each Reporting Period (as defined in Note 1.3).

1.2 The SCMP Requirement is a measure whereby a Club’s Player Related Expenditure (as defined in Appendix B) shall not exceed the sum of:

1.2.1 50% of the Club’s Relevant Turnover (as defined in Paragraph 1 of Appendix A) for the Reporting Period; plus

1.2.2 100% of the Club’s Football Fortune Income (as defined in Paragraph 2 of Appendix A) for the Reporting Period.

1.3 The Reporting Period in respect of which a Club is assessed for the purpose of the SCMP Requirement is (subject to Note 2) the 12 month period recorded in the Club’s Annual Accounts. 

3 SCMP Submissions

3.1 By the third Friday in June each year, each Club must submit its Pre-Season SCMP Submission for the immediately following Reporting Period.  The Pre-Season SCMP Submission will be in the form of an Excel workbook setting out the information required therein (and including the requirements set out in Note 5 below) and will be in such format as The League may prescribe from time to time.  For the current Season this requires submission of the following Worksheets:

3.1.1 Assumptions

3.1.2 Key Indicators;

3.1.3 Relevant Turnover;

3.1.4 Turnover Reconciliation;

3.1.5 Player Related Expenditure; and

3.1.6 Player Salary Costs.

20 hours ago, underdog said:

Hope the club are taking note of the analysis.

Pretty sure EFL FFP looks at match day attendances and season ticket sales. SCMP get submitted to EFL in  June for the up and coming season...yikes

PART 4 – LEAGUE TWO FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY SALARY COST MANAGEMENT PROTOCOL (SCMP) GUIDANCE NOTES

1 SCMP Requirement

1.1 All League Two Clubs (hereafter Clubs or Club) are required to meet the SCMP Requirement (as defined in Note 1.2) for each Reporting Period (as defined in Note 1.3).

1.2 The SCMP Requirement is a measure whereby a Club’s Player Related Expenditure (as defined in Appendix B) shall not exceed the sum of:

1.2.1 50% of the Club’s Relevant Turnover (as defined in Paragraph 1 of Appendix A) for the Reporting Period; plus

1.2.2 100% of the Club’s Football Fortune Income (as defined in Paragraph 2 of Appendix A) for the Reporting Period.

1.3 The Reporting Period in respect of which a Club is assessed for the purpose of the SCMP Requirement is (subject to Note 2) the 12 month period recorded in the Club’s Annual Accounts. 

3 SCMP Submissions

3.1 By the third Friday in June each year, each Club must submit its Pre-Season SCMP Submission for the immediately following Reporting Period.  The Pre-Season SCMP Submission will be in the form of an Excel workbook setting out the information required therein (and including the requirements set out in Note 5 below) and will be in such format as The League may prescribe from time to time.  For the current Season this requires submission of the following Worksheets:

3.1.1 Assumptions

3.1.2 Key Indicators;

3.1.3 Relevant Turnover;

3.1.4 Turnover Reconciliation;

3.1.5 Player Related Expenditure; and

3.1.6 Player Salary Costs.

I have a feeling that this will be softened significantly for the coming season due to the situation... otherwise a hell of a lot of clubs will breach.   If they don’t then that are more stupid that even I think. 

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 10:14 AM, jorvik_latic said:

Can't recall you lads promoting anything really bad about AL, more looking to hold him and the board accountable for the way our club is managed and performs, which I for one wholeheartedly agree

We are potentially facing a real 'tipping point' in the history of club with the threat of no games until a new season and the financial uncertainty that will inevitably bring

Latics being Latics that's not all the uncertainty we face

AL is reportedly in the process of buying not only the North Stand but additionally the whole stadium and the land it sits upon. Obviously we're not in a position to know if this acquisition is self funded, finance assisted or supported by ANO.

The FLG attempt to buy the stadium appears to have gone now but I am sure they'll be waiting in the wings should AL fail to come up with the necessary funds

Trust Oldham has not only lost a number of its key members but more critically any remaining credibility it had with the few remaining fans who appreciated its previous achievements in securing 3% of the club shares and the legal right to appoint a Trust representative to the club board.

I don't know how dependant the Trust is on membership renewal but I cant see many supporters renewing with the Trust being seen by most as 'ineffective' over the last few months.

There has been lots of debate on OWTB regarding the benefits or not of a supporters group having a shareholding in the club and opinion is clearly divided

What I would say is that those shares were purchased with supporters money for c£200k (needs qualifying by a Trust knowledge) and for me it would be madness to simply walk away from them simply because the Trust is deemed 'ineffective'. Of course they're not worth c£200k but used in the right way they most certainly have a value, if only to have a supporter on the club board, appointed by a supporters group held in a high regard by the majority of our fans

Trust Oldham is a Ltd Company in its own right and I am almost certain the 3% shareholding cannot be simply transferred to another individual or organisation (needs qualifying by a Trust knowledge)

Whilst the football season is closed, I really do think that in the best interests of our club, the current Trust Directorship and the Push the Boundary lads need to get their heads together and reinvent the Trust, utilising its legal structure, retain the 3% shareholding and become our sole representative  supporters group.

The continuing division of our fan base will cost us

#Reclaim the Faith :chubb:

All very fair points.

I would direct you to the statements issued by the Trust and PTB on 10th March following the joint meeting with the FSA on 9th.

As per the Trust’s statement, PTB’s efforts to challenge the Trust and publically hold it to account in doing its job are welcomed.

Different remits and areas of focus but with some productive two way dialogue our efforts can be complementary.

14 minutes ago, Andy b said:

All very fair points.

I would direct you to the statements issued by the Trust and PTB on 10th March following the joint meeting with the FSA on 9th.

As per the Trust’s statement, PTB’s efforts to challenge the Trust and publically hold it to account in doing its job are welcomed.

Different remits and areas of focus but with some productive two way dialogue our efforts can be complementary.

One is supposed to hold the club to account by having the legal right to appoint a representative to the club board. In better times it is supposed to be a bridge between the club supporters and the club board

One is a protest group trying to hold the club to account and has galvanised many of the clubs supporters like never before. In better times it can help create positive interaction between the supporters and the club board

In the cold light of day, there really isn't much difference in their objectives currently and in the future

6 hours ago, adamoafc said:

You will have seen the results of our survey that were released last week. Following this we have emailed the club for their comments/actions as we believe fans have every right to be kept up to date, especially at the current time #oafc

http://PushTheBoundary.co.uk/email-to-the-club-16-03-2020

sorry Adam, not really in response to this post but contacting you as I know PTB appear to be far more organised/ proactive than other stakeholders at Latics

From your database of fans, can we get a message to our supporters to ensure that as many as possible are adequately supported throughout the current coronavirus? Maybe we could then see if we can help meet any needs identified. 

I expect nothing from the club - more an organisational thing than anything else - but have seen other clubs supporters starting to take action

Willing to help out fellow Latics' fans if any in need          

1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

sorry Adam, not really in response to this post but contacting you as I know PTB appear to be far more organised/ proactive than other stakeholders at Latics

From your database of fans, can we get a message to our supporters to ensure that as many as possible are adequately supported throughout the current coronavirus? Maybe we could then see if we can help meet any needs identified. 

I expect nothing from the club - more an organisational thing than anything else - but have seen other clubs supporters starting to take action

Thanks Phil. Great suggestion and something we will get onto first thing tomorrow. It’s times like this where Oldham Fans really do come together and I’m sure this idea will be no different. 

50 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Thanks Phil. Great suggestion and something we will get onto first thing tomorrow. It’s times like this where Oldham Fans really do come together and I’m sure this idea will be no different. 

cheers Adam, much appreciated. 

The trouble is we could be in for the long haul here and some supporters may not have access to a decent support network 

2 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

cheers Adam, much appreciated. 

The trouble is we could be in for the long haul here and some supporters may not have access to a decent support network 

And the fact that the picture is changing on a daily basis!

19 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Thanks for your suggestion Phil, as ever we are always open to suggestions/ ideas of how to progress and this is a perfect example - 

http://PushTheBoundary.co.uk/covid-19-support

• 1 month later...

Starting from tomorrow...PTB will be doing a ‘Who Am I’ showing our support of the NHS and focusing the message of staying at home to protect lives, we will be publishing at 10am each day. The answer will be revealed at 3pm on the same day #oafc

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Starting from tomorrow...PTB will be doing a ‘Who Am I’ showing our support of the NHS and focusing the message of staying at home to protect lives, we will be publishing at 10am each day. The answer will be revealed at 3pm on the same day #oafc

Is it ET? 

Shot in the dark, but I thought I'd get in early. 

11 hours ago, adamoafc said:

10 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Is it ET? 

Shot in the dark, but I thought I'd get in early. 

I’m going for McCaulay Culkin. 

11 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Brilliant.....a party that is doing something.

I am amazed how some clubs/supporters organisations are managing to keep in touch with the fans, even just some basic stuff.

Well done

PS: The Purge....oh dear..hahah

2 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

Here’s Monday’s question....who am I...?

1. I was born in the year that Dion Dublin, Michael Owen and Chris Sutton scored the most goals in the Premier League 

2. I played 42 games in my time with #oafc

Any ideas? 

137A58A2-F0CF-46C6-B65F-9AE36EC5E00B.jpeg

Callum Lang. What do I win?

Archived