Stevenage (a)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Interesting to hear, do you think he should start there on Saturday?  I think he's our best right back but if it allows Hamer to play and make use of his long throw then playing Mills on the left might be our best option.

Well he’s better than Iacovitti and Nepo was a complete disaster at Macc, so yes I too think it is our best option.

As for Tom Hamer. Even in his present stage of development I think at right back he defends better than Mills, but there’s not much in it.

Hamer's long throw isn't accurate, or there's no tactic used to take benefit of it.. He just throws it into the penalty box.

Dino's comment that Stevenage have only won one game since he left, which proves it wasn't him to blame is ridiculous. He brought those players to the club. He also said we battered them 1st half. I would hardly say we battered them. 

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

Hamer's long throw isn't accurate, or there's no tactic used to take benefit of it.. He just throws it into the penalty box.

Dino's comment that Stevenage have only won one game since he left, which proves it wasn't him to blame is ridiculous. He brought those players to the club. He also said we battered them 1st half. I would hardly say we battered them. 

What he should have said was, "the wind played a large part in us having the upper hand in the 1st half" 

10 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Finished a point outside playoffs in his only full season in charge...

8 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

You just know if the majority would be praising him, you’d be saying  he couldn’t even get in playoffs with a full season in charge...

The nonsense people come out with is incredible.

"He built a team and took them to bottom of the league" - conveniently ignoring the previous season where they were nowhere near the bottom.

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The nonsense people come out with is incredible.

"He built a team and took them to bottom of the league" - conveniently ignoring the previous season where they were nowhere near the bottom.

Team Dino meself Eyresey. Just pointing out what I think you’d have done. All from past experiences. And it’s by no means a complaint. Keep Up the good work. 

21 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Finished a point outside playoffs in his only full season in charge...

How many of that team left? I'm not knocking him yet, he's playing safe with a poor bunch of players. I don't think he can be judged on this transfer window either as decent players cost money. The summer will be the time he will be judged, provided he is backed by AL and we don't put ridiculously low, insulting bids in for better players.

Archived