Salford (A)

14 minutes ago, disjointed said:

What is with the shit corner routine we employed yesterday. Get the ball in the box. 

I'm guessing the corner takers knew we wouldnt win a header. In the whole team yesterday I can only think of wheater who won a header anywhere on the pitch. Which made it more frustrating that dino had us playing long ball

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Borthwick-Jackson has been training with us for weeks apparently. If Segbe starts the next it seems pretty obvious Dino does not have full control. 

Obviously still got MO sitting snugly on his back otherwise Iacovitti wouldn’t have been anywhere near that pitch.

Almost sorted it with the substitutions though.

21 minutes ago, disjointed said:

What is with the shit corner routine we employed yesterday. Get the ball in the box. 

What? Smith to Maouche back to Smith get to the edge of the box to shoot. Maouche has to be onboard and awake for this unfortunately.

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Lots of oldham fans next to me in west stand. Shit club Salford. No passion from their supporters. More likely the united fans who’ve bought season tickets for about a 1er just didn’t bother turning up. They should learn a lesson next season and give us more. Or be forced to get a proper stadium for for league football. Wankers. 

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

Did they have 4 sides of the ground open ?

Salford's record attendance: 4518

Capacity of the RRE: 4583

We only need 1 stand to be a bigger club than Salford's vanity project. 

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Salford's record attendance: 4518

Capacity of the RRE: 4583

We only need 1 stand to be a bigger club than Salford's vanity project. 

So ALs ownership and modus operandi doesn’t have vanity at its core?

17 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I may be wrong happened nearish to me it seemed the stewards just let him go ? He was hit while he wasn’t even looking. 

I must have been near to you then. Thought they were together when they were walking out side by side. The the Salford lad took him down with a left hook from side on. Total shithouse move. Bang out of order.

seemed to be loads of neutrals in there. No real celebration for their goal, just polite applause. Heard a multitude of different accents. Seemed much easier to get food and drink compared to the crush behind the away end according to mates. Had 3 pints of the Watermelon white beer, could’ve sunk about 3 more. Lovely stuff.

3 hours ago, nzlatic said:

My guess would be Salford were panicking about how many Oldham fans were buying tickets for the home end so took them off sale. They would have been pretty sure any Salford fan who wanted a ticket would already have one. 

They should’ve given us an extra allocation of standing on the side terrace. Demand was there.

5 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yeah I too thought they were together. The steward just told him to get gone in a shifty manner. Group in front of me were deffo oldham fans as I recognised a grey haired fella (was it you ?) from away games. 

No, wasn’t me although I think I know who you mean. I was the one that nearly lost the plot when I saw it unfold. It didn’t help when a male steward came to me and said “it’s OK, he’s Oldham. Deserved it”. Fortunately a female steward put her colleague in his place and dealt with it really well. Absolutely fuming at it, me. Cunts trick. Glad the Oldham lad is OK, Was worrying for a moment.

1 hour ago, SAV said:

Smoke bombs mate, not flares......

Anyway we get a stand shut because a cardboard box is infront of a fire escape, but tinpot fc are allowed that away end!!!

Smoke bombs?  Disgusting.  Even if that don’t cause any harm to players or the fan, it can draw attention to our club with the media reporting that we want our manager and owner out the club.  Disgusting behaviour...

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Smoke bombs?  Disgusting.  Even if that don’t cause any harm to players or the fan, it can draw attention to our club with the media reporting that we want our manager and owner out the club.  Disgusting behaviour...

Alright Mary Whitehouse. Calm down.

1 minute ago, Midsblue said:

Get a grip mate.

I love a good bounce, with limbs flying and half a dozen pyros on the pitch when we score.

2 hours ago, Midsblue said:

The one thing that disgusted me yesterday was the throwing of flares onto Salford’s pitch.....

I’d be even more disgusted if this sort of behaviour continued into our home games; flares thrown onto pitch, disrupting the match and gaining media notoriety.  Protests of sack the board and sack the manager - gaining media attention.  Disgusting!

8 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I think that your ‘tongue firmly planted in cheek’  posts have not been spotted by a few on here Mids. But I see what you’re doing...

6 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Get a grip mate.

I love a good bounce, with limbs flying and half a dozen pyros on the pitch when we score.

Bet you were the type of kid that held roman candles and aimed rockets at folk, fired from a length of drainpipe rested on your shoulder :laught30:

18 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

No, wasn’t me although I think I know who you mean. I was the one that nearly lost the plot when I saw it unfold. It didn’t help when a male steward came to me and said “it’s OK, he’s Oldham. Deserved it”. Fortunately a female steward put her colleague in his place and dealt with it really well. Absolutely fuming at it, me. Cunts trick. Glad the Oldham lad is OK, Was worrying for a moment.

Arrrr yeah I saw you then. And I must add well done cos you were dead fucking right. I’ve been known (in the past) to get involved in the odd scrape. My mate talked me out of going down and confronting him. It really was a cheap shot. Did the guy even get arrested do you know ? 

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Arrrr yeah I saw you then. And I must add well done cos you were dead fucking right. I’ve been known (in the past) to get involved in the odd scrape. My mate talked me out of going down and confronting him. It really was a cheap shot. Did the guy even get arrested do you know ? 

Yes, the female steward told me he did. I left after that but just as I was going the Oldham lad tugged me sleeve and told me he’s OK. 

54 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yeah I too thought they were together. The steward just told him to get gone in a shifty manner. Group in front of me were deffo oldham fans as I recognised a grey haired fella (was it you ?) from away games. 

Better get the hair dye out  J😂

So ALs ownership and modus operandi doesn’t have vanity at its core?

Salford is a vanity project of 6 millionaires and a Billionaire. 

Oldham is being run like a vanity project, but has been a club for 1.25 centuries and a league club for over a century. 

It's a false analogy. 

21 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Oldham is being run like a vanity project, but has been a club for 1.25 centuries and a league club for over a century. 

It's a false analogy. 

Everybody has to start somewhere. Good on them I say.

18 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

It's a false analogy. 

I don’t disagree.

Where Latics sit in the Pantheon of big clubs is a fascinating discussion though . For example to take a team from each league  who is the bigger club?

Latics or Bournemouth

Latics or Notts County

Latics or MK Dons

Latics or Wigan Athletic

Latics or Bradford City

53 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I don’t disagree.

Where Latics sit in the Pantheon of big clubs is a fascinating discussion though . For example to take a team from each league  who is the bigger club?

Latics or Bournemouth

Latics or Notts County

Latics or MK Dons

Latics or Wigan Athletic

Latics or Bradford City

All of them bigger 

I don’t disagree.

Latics or Bournemouth

Latics or Notts County

Latics or MK Dons

Latics or Wigan Athletic

Latics or Bradford City

Go on then

Bigger 

Smaller 

Bigger (but only if you count MK Dons not Wimbledon, in which case smaller). 

Smaller (that FA cup win) 

Smaller 

Our league best ever position gives us reputation over lots of clubs. We are arguably the biggest club not to win a major English trophy, but of the clubs you've listed 3 of them have won a major trophy (4 if you include Wimbledon with MK Dons). 

Until Salford win a major trophy we will always be the bigger club. 

22 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Go on then

Bigger 

Smaller 

Smaller 

Our league best ever position gives us reputation over lots of clubs. We are arguably the biggest club not to win a major English trophy, but of the clubs you've listed 3 of them have won a major trophy (4 if you include Wimbledon with MK Dons). 

Does second division champions not count. . . ? 👀

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Go on then

Bigger 

Smaller 

Smaller 

Like compering caviar to hollands pies 🤣

Salford haven't a chance in hell of achieving the past history of this club and they can keep on throwing millions at it, till the cows come home!

6 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Like compering caviar to hollands pies 🤣

Salford haven't a chance in hell of achieving the past history of this club and they can keep on throwing millions at it, till the cows come home!

Can't imagine they give two hoots about Oldham, only trying to make their own history.

Archived