Salford (A)

13 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

By making that comment on GMR, what's the odds on Clowns Incorporated thinking, "Good old Dino. That's my boy, telling the fans to leave us alone. We've been telling them for long enough, one way or another. We'll keep him. He's one of us".

Pure speculation, of course, but could it happen? Has he ingratiated himself into their good books? We'll probably find out soon enough.

Take the point entirely........however what is in it for a middle manager not to publicly support  the senior manager and owner.    Try it at work but get your CV in order first

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Claiming the negativity by the fans, via social media, is getting to the owners, the manager and the players.

OK big boy, hopefully you read this.....

The owners deserve the abuse.  The shift in recruitment recently and the increasing exodus of Mo Lemsagam’s signings is clear evidence that Mo Lemsagam as Sporting Director doesn’t work, has never worked and this experiment has set our club back months, strangled whatever budget we had and alienated decent players through nepotism and maniacal actions.  When Abdallah stood up demanding what is wrong with Vera then terminated his contract this week speaks volumes that the Lemsagams know fuck all.  The fans have been banging about Danny Rowe for ages so - if you’re referencing social media - we’ll take the credit for that one thanks!

Next the manager.  Tonight proved without any further doubt you’re a puppet and a shite manager.  When you came here it was sound bite bingo to win over the fans.  Distanced yourself from the owners following the Q&A and when you struggled with the shite that they recruited.  The owners then backed you with domestic talent - what the fans have been banging on about for ages - but you’re strangling their ability with your shite formations and fuckwit tactics.  You know you’re days are numbered so it’s desperate actions of a very desperate man to throw the blame at us fans tonight when the negativity we throw is the truth and actions being demanded by us will clearly improve the team and our chances.  You’ve been given a prolific striker but stifled him with your tactics - tonight Rowe pulled something from nothing, battled the whole of their defence and salvaged you a point.  Same goes with Smith that fights despite your tactics and gets you out the shit!  To say we deserved a win tonight insults our intelligence - you’re one lucky fucker but you’ve overstayed your welcome.  I’d rather have Murray or Cadamateri on the touch line than you!

Finally the players.  It’s not the fans affecting them - it’s you, your tactics and your puppetry from the owners and nepotism of selecting players over quality players left languishing on the bench scratching their heads.  When they do come on, you smother any quality or style through your fuckwittery.  Rowe and Smith shine through despite you rather than because of you, you idiot!

Hopefully you read this because you and the owner have united the fans - we all want you gone... the owner will take a while but you can go now.  You’re out your depth, tactically clueless, ruining quality that we have and if you’re “the big man” you think you are then do the honourable thing and fall on your sword this evening!

23 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Take the point entirely........however what is in it for a middle manager not to publicly support  the senior manager and owner.    Try it at work but get your CV in order first

Whats strange is that football must be the only industry that puts the faith of its business strategically in the hands of one middle manager.

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Whats strange is that football must be the only industry that puts the faith of its business strategically in the hands of one middle manager.

Absolutely and to a large  extent that justifies models where key decisions eg signings are not delegated tosaid middle manager.. just like any business though success is only possible where the owners and senior managers are competent and the middle managers who do all the day to day work are bought in to the an articulated ethos and direction.

i am no management consultant but clearly the above criteria for success are currently absent from Boundary Park

Only negative at the club is the owner and the shower of shit he's surrounded himself with, they've made their beds the bunch of fuckwits now they can go and lie in them.

Please don't start moaning about a situation you've had ample time to sort out and one you seem hell bent on worsening, of course they are entitled to treat everyone like cunts if they want but they need to make sure that they are prepared for the escalating bad feeling that will be coming their way.

That was shocking today, worst 80 minutes I’ve seen from a Latics side hoofed it up to actually no one, we couldent string 3 passes together, we looked scared, the only ones to come out with any credit today are Wheater won everything, Sylla put a shift in Rowe did nothing for 80 but what do you expect when he’s just getting long balls hoofed up to him he’s not that type of player, play into his feet and let him do his thing ! Great goal got us out the shit ! First half from us was honestly abysmal, looked to me like the players dident have a clue what they was meant to be doing ! Salford were there for the taking but Dinos negative tactics were holding us back ! Why start yet again with Segbe unless he’s being told to play him can’t see any reason why any manager would pick him he’s done nothing in the last few games and is obviously not physically good enough for this level, N,guessn is a poor addition send him back Missilou much better. Bringing Maouche off before Segbe was wrong decision, Deluded Dino will probaly be happy with 4 straight draws, wrong team selection, wrong tactics wrong subs yet again ! Fans have turned now the players would have heard that and can’t see them having any faith in Dino now, 

Sheff United fan here... Just like to say that I’ve been today in Salford and met a great bunch of lads (Oldham Fans). Great support, decent game and had a great time. Hope you lot turn it around and kick on. 👍

Who is your left winger? Good player 👍

Earlier this month I was of the opinion that as long as we were away from danger of relegation that Dino should be given the season and then we should assess things from there, for the sake of much needed stability at the club.

Well despite us being 8 points away and only 1 team going down I'm getting very worried by his words and tactics and he is pushing his luck.  He really doesn't seem particularly connected with reality.

8 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Didn’t Dino say we wouldn’t see many draws 

Yep exciting games wins or loses, always takes a risk and goes for a win! U do have to wonder how much input there still is from above, all our recent managers seem to favour one up front.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

3646. What happened to the sold out report?

My guess would be Salford were panicking about how many Oldham fans were buying tickets for the home end so took them off sale. They would have been pretty sure any Salford fan who wanted a ticket would already have one. 

59 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

My guess would be Salford were panicking about how many Oldham fans were buying tickets for the home end so took them off sale. They would have been pretty sure any Salford fan who wanted a ticket would already have one. 

Lots of oldham fans next to me in west stand. Shit club Salford. No passion from their supporters. More likely the united fans who’ve bought season tickets for about a 1er just didn’t bother turning up. They should learn a lesson next season and give us more. Or be forced to get a proper stadium for for league football. Wankers. 

Are the owners learning that domestic recruitment is a better way forward for the club given where we are in the football pyramid?  It is fair to say that the owners have recently backed the manager in the transfer market.

And has the manager had sufficient time to work on the training ground with the new January recruits?

Whereas it is no excuse for the abject performance we saw for 80 minutes yesterday, it was always going to be a difficult game.

A game that was compounded, yet again, by a poor refereeing decision with the penalty award.

The result from the recent home game against Salford was still very fresh in the players memories and it’s fair to say that Salford have some decent players.  Piergianni and Dieseruvwe were ineligible to play and McCann and Jones are out injured. Dearnley has joined the club and is clearly working his way back to full match fitness. Borthwick-Jackson only signed on Friday and maybe it was too early to start him. Rowe has been with us for just over a week.

Now I am no Dino apologist and have questioned his tactical approach and man management on previous occasions but it seems to me that all the talk about managerial stability and giving him time is in short supply.

And are the players blameless? I don’t think that you can pin all the blame for the poor display onto the manager.  We had thirteen attempts on goal yesterday. Eight of those (including the goal) came from the 79th minute onwards. Yes there was a lot of passion shown in front of the fans when Rowe scored but where was that for the majority of the game?

Maybe the fans played their part in igniting that passion but too many of the team are not stepping up.

Yes, the manager is now walking a tightrope and another poor performance on Tuesday will almost certainly see him gone.

And so it goes.

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Are the owners learning that domestic recruitment is a better way forward for the club given where we are in the football pyramid?  It is fair to say that the owners have recently backed the manager in the transfer market.

And has the manager had sufficient time to work on the training ground with the new January recruits?

Whereas it is no excuse for the abject performance we saw for 80 minutes yesterday, it was always going to be a difficult game.

A game that was compounded, yet again, by a poor refereeing decision with the penalty award.

The result from the recent home game against Salford was still very fresh in the players memories and it’s fair to say that Salford have some decent players.  Piergianni and Dieseruvwe were ineligible to play and McCann and Jones are out injured. Dearnley has joined the club and is clearly working his way back to full match fitness. Borthwick-Jackson only signed on Friday and maybe it was too early to start him. Rowe has been with us for just over a week.

Now I am no Dino apologist and have questioned his tactical approach and man management on previous occasions but it seems to me that all the talk about managerial stability and giving him time is in short supply.

And are the players blameless? I don’t think that you can pin all the blame for the poor display onto the manager.  We had thirteen attempts on goal yesterday. Eight of those (including the goal) came from the 79th minute onwards. Yes there was a lot of passion shown in front of the fans when Rowe scored but where was that for the majority of the game?

Maybe the fans played their part in igniting that passion but too many of the team are not stepping up.

Yes, the manager is now walking a tightrope and another poor performance on Tuesday will almost certainly see him gone.

And so it goes.

Borthwick-Jackson has been training with us for weeks apparently. If Segbe starts the next it seems pretty obvious Dino does not have full control. 

was gonna write more but cba...

27 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Lots of oldham fans next to me in west stand. Shit club Salford. No passion from their supporters. More likely the united fans who’ve bought season tickets for about a 1er just didn’t bother turning up. They should learn a lesson next season and give us more. Or be forced to get a proper stadium for for league football. Wankers. 

Did they have 4 sides of the ground open ?

The one thing that disgusted me yesterday was the throwing of flares onto Salford’s pitch.....

I’d be even more disgusted if this sort of behaviour continued into our home games; flares thrown onto pitch, disrupting the match and gaining media notoriety.  Protests of sack the board and sack the manager - gaining media attention.  Disgusting!

9 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

The one thing that disgusted me yesterday was the throwing of flares onto Salford’s pitch.....

I’d be even more disgusted if this sort of behaviour continued into our home games; flares thrown onto pitch, disrupting the match and gaining media notoriety.  Protests of sack the board and sack the manager - gaining media attention.  Disgusting!

Danny Pyrowe?

8 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Just mindless pricks. Especially as we were on a 3 on 3 break at the time! Theyl go home to their little chronies acting big coz they threw a flare. I dont think itl ever get to home games tho. It's always happened at away games. I remember 1 away game at dale and they threw them in to their crowd. Idiots

11 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Smoke bombs mate, not flares......

Anyway we get a stand shut because a cardboard box is infront of a fire escape, but tinpot fc are allowed that away end!!!

Archived