Official COVID-19 megathread

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Did you know some people have had four jabs?

27 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Only the clinically vulnerable isn't it?

Not quite it’s for those who are immunosuppressed / immunocompromised as there is decent evidence to say the response to the vaccine isn’t as strong as would like in those patient groups. I’ve had 3 and will be due a 4th in February. So everyone getting a 3rd dose and then booster will be clinically vulnerable but not everyone clinically vulnerable will get a 3rd dose and a booster (for example those with very severe asthma).

Some people receiving a dose of the vaccination in any 2 of England and any of the devolved nations may have had 3 vaccine doses before the need for boosters was recognised. So could be on dose 4 and 5 with boosters and 3rd doses. The same applies for those who received a dose of the vaccination in another country.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Cheers for the clarification.

l've had three and kept getting texts about a booster, l thought it was a mix up but l booked anyway bc l'm a sheep init. l was never told to shield tho?

I wasn’t told to shield either, something I clarified with my GP at the time as I get the flu jab for 4 different reasons so thought I might meet the criteria when the experts added them up. 

You can be immunosuppressed and therefore not produce the anticipated response to the vaccine, but not need to shield. 

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

So. Four jabs down and l've got it 😥

Knewit when l had that soup the other day.

No Xmas for me. 

Five bird roast been defrosting in the fridge all week. Gutted. Fave time of year and missed it two years running now 🤬

Unlucky mate! A load of bollocks this covid crap. Can’t see any of my family due to it 

Should be a piece of piss with four, altho l would almost certainly have been incubating on the fourth. Three Modernas and a Pfizer for the record. 
Two days n nites absolute burning up and feel like lve got a hair trapped in my throat is how l would describe it. Slight chest/abdomen tightness, going to treat that with a bong soon as it's afternoon. Not medical advice that, it's just a hunch..

16 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Should be a piece of piss with four, altho l would almost certainly have been incubating on the fourth. Three Modernas and a Pfizer for the record. 
Two days n nites absolute burning up and feel like lve got a hair trapped in my throat is how l would describe it. Slight chest/abdomen tightness, going to treat that with a bong soon as it's afternoon. Not medical advice that, it's just a hunch..

Hope you recover Monty, we would miss your measured, articulate posts. 

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Hope you recover Monty, we would miss your measured, articulate posts. 

Nah, those ones are shit. lt's the angry sweary ones you love really!!

lve had four jabs and lve passed through the burning stage, just achey now. lt's the planet l fear for when a future mutation nips in my body with its four jabs, its naturally contracted and killed virus AND all the shit it will come into contact with in here. l started isolating soon as l had that soup and l'll stay locked away until two days clear testing. l'll do everything by the book, but it could learn a lot 😬.

l've got an unvaccinated aquaintance who is going downhill rapid. Obviously, thats irony is not funny as he is probably going to become a drain on the NHS 🤬.

If only the whole planet could see.

Infected almost certainly thru common source via unvaccinated confirmed Covid sufferers witholding confirmed Covid status and allowing a family friend to stop over.

(🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬)

Exhibit A.

Quad jabbed, was heavily covid monitored during lockdown working. Attempted to get thru to the covidiots. Will respect the isolation process. Would probably die alone in agony rather than seek NHS help.

Exhibit B.

Unvaccinated. Covidiot. Vocal denier of Covid even existing. Worked cash in hand thru lockdown. Has argued with maskwearers in shops whilst complaining about his rights. Has already breached isolation rules (laws?) Already bleating about going to hospital.

On 12/18/2021 at 11:05 AM, Gaz_Oafc said:

If anyone's interested...

As of Friday morning (17th) at Royal Oldham:

9 Covid patients in ICU (this figure been pretty consistent for the last few months)

31 Covid+ patients in non-ICU beds (at its peak was between 250-350 iirc)

Current total of 40 - last couple of months it's been as low as 20 and as high as 70.

To be honest, and I'm not medically trained, but I was expecting the number to be quite a bit higher at this point with the numbers increasing as much as they have done recently, so the vaccines are definitely keeping people out of hospital. Although we have been briefed that it COULD get very bad very quickly over the next few weeks.

We're now at 105 Covid+ inpatients at Royal Oldham - this has jumped from 50odd in just the last couple of days.

Still 9 in ICU.

Staffing the biggest issue at present (as well reported in the media), I know of one department (non-clinical) with around 60% of staff off and likely to increase.

Archived