Official COVID-19 megathread

4 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Let’s refuse to treat fat people then ,

smokers,

drug users, 

people who don’t have the flu jab too

selfish sods the lot of em!!!

Some bloke who lives in McDonalds ain't going to spread obesity to a few thousand.  Spurious comparison

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Let’s refuse to treat fat people then ,

smokers,

drug users, 

people who don’t have the flu jab too

selfish sods the lot of em!!!

I think you'll find that fatness, smoking and drug use isn't transmissible.

1 hour ago, True Tic said:

Thats a really good point 

However, let’s not lose sight of the fact that this/these vaccines are still very much in the trial phase and will be til 2023. This perpetual emergency we are in is what allows them to be distributed through the population. There no data in what the long term outcomes will be, because that only comes with time. 

True that the long-term outcomes can only be evaluated given time, however, we already know what the outcome is for many people who have contracted Covid. Being on the 'At risk' list, I will take my chances with the vaccine and have already received my booster. I am still cautious, though.

The altruistic or moralistic argument is a tough one. Two seriously ill patients lying in wait for urgent treatment, one vaccinated, the other not. Who do you treat first?

1 hour ago, C.O.JONES said:

Anybody who refuses a vaccine should also refuse treatment, their call.

There are plenty of people in hospital who wish that they ha had the jab. They seem to think either it wouldn't happen to them, or even if they caught it they would not be seriously ill. They have found out the hard way and may possibly die. As you say, their call.

33 minutes ago, al_bro said:

There are plenty of people in hospital who wish that they ha had the jab. They seem to think either it wouldn't happen to them, or even if they caught it they would not be seriously ill. They have found out the hard way and may possibly die. As you say, their call.

There are also many people in hospital who are fully vaccinated and cant  understand why they are there. It’s a strange situation. 

59 minutes ago, Wardie said:

True that the long-term outcomes can only be evaluated given time, however, we already know what the outcome is for many people who have contracted Covid. Being on the 'At risk' list, I will take my chances with the vaccine and have already received my booster. I am still cautious, though.

The altruistic or moralistic argument is a tough one. Two seriously ill patients lying in wait for urgent treatment, one vaccinated, the other not. Who do you treat first?

Absolutely, if you feel you want it then take it. 
My mum is fully jabbed, the whole thing terrifies her . 
My brother in the other hand , fully jabbed to travel. Not a medical reason. It’s the old “ get your jab and you’re free again “ . Worrying . 

7 minutes ago, True Tic said:

There are also many people in hospital who are fully vaccinated and cant  understand why they are there. It’s a strange situation. 

I find it strange when flu' was raging before Covid there wasnt this concern about hospitalisations. You were just told to stay at home for a couple of weeks.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I find it strange when flu' was raging before Covid there wasnt this concern about hospitalisations. You were just told to stay at home for a couple of weeks.

Because there was no significant possibility that tens or hundreds of thousands of people with flu would end up needing treatment in intensive care 

6 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Not really. The VAST majority of hospital cases are unvaccinated.

Are you SURE about that ? Do you KNOW ? 
reason I ask is because the figures are all over the place and some mainstream media organisations have already been challenged about this . 
Good morning Britain were forced to apologise I believe last week for Lorraine Kelly spouting about 90% of people in hospital are unvaxxed etc…

Not true apparently, they were referring to a figure from September. 
The revised figures (current) were 70% vaccinated and 30% unvaccinated. 
Don’t shoot the messenger, there’s that much shite flying both sides of the argument it’s hard to know the truth of it. 

9 hours ago, Matt said:

Fox News Effect. The media have played a huge part in setting people against one another.

I would ordinarily agree with the ute report. However, i have known Tracy for nearly six years and the beachball size bruise on her left thigh that came from the neanderthal security guard's size 9 challeges my integrity, not to mention my sanity.

Ironically, she is the customer relations manager at her company. 

Archived