Official COVID-19 megathread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Genuine question. If poster says freedoms should be restricted then the next question is which freedoms. Need an end point. From no restrictions to concentration camps or prison, where do people draw the line?

I mean it's a big jump to say have a few restrictions on freedoms straight to mass genocide but you know most people capable of intelligent thought can see that.

41 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If I respect your right to not have a jab then please respect my right to bar you from certain events due to you not having been vaccinated. 👍

Something like that plus a few travel restrictions 

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I mean it's a big jump to say have a few restrictions on freedoms straight to mass genocide but you know most people capable of intelligent thought can see that.

I don’t like comparisons with Nazi Germany and COVID as I don’t they come close to being near. However it’s always worth noting that the Holocaust didn’t start with gas chambers - it started with a power crazed lunatic and “a few restrictions on freedoms for some”

I wouldn’t trust the (scruffy) power crazed lunatic we have in charge not to escalate as much as he could in any quarter

I’m triple jabbed and advise anyone else to do the same though 

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

This is how it begins:

https://www.ushmm.org/learn/timeline-of-events/1933-1938

58 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

For those who refuse to be inoculated for whatever reason, fine that is their choice, I can only hope that they don't catch Covid but if they do, I hope that they would be consistent enough to also refuse treatment. 

So people who choose to smoke, people who are overweight through their own fault, should they also refuse treatment if they become ill because of the choices they have made?

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

It’s about controlling infection! 

Look at the intolerance of the unvaccinated from many people. The government and media saying this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

The spread of Typhus was blamed on the Jews back in the day and there was a lot of propaganda to push that narrative back then.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

If I respect your right to not have a jab then please respect my right to bar you from certain events due to you not having been vaccinated. 👍

If its your event or your business, then you could refuse. Should the government make that decision over business owners? If a night club owner chooses to allow unvaccinated then the vaccinated can choose if they also want to attend. Surely that is a better way than the government deciding

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

What travel restrictions? Banned from public transport?  Banned from being a certain distance from your house? Banned from going to work?

1 hour ago, frizzell54 said:

Nothing to do with COVID, it's about intolerance.

Yes its very much about covid that's the topic of the thread or didn't you read that? 

When people have been presented with the facts, and don't pay attention and make up their own narrative, because they have the arrogance to think they know better based, on no evidence whatsoever. Then I'm sorry I'm not very tolerant of people like that, particularly when they play the victim.

34 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Look at the intolerance of the unvaccinated from many people. The government and media saying this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

The spread of Typhus was blamed on the Jews back in the day and there was a lot of propaganda to push that narrative back then.

Its nature

Why do folk think we’re different than all other species on the planet 

Disease comes to take the weak out of the species

In our case, the sick and elderly, the unhealthy and folk not able to grasp innovation and be vaccinated

41 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Its nature

In our case, the sick and elderly, the unhealthy and folk not able to grasp innovation and be vaccinated

Are you suggesting they shouldn’t get vaccinated as natural selection is the order of things? 😉

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So people who choose to smoke, people who are overweight through their own fault, should they also refuse treatment if they become ill because of the choices they have made?

I think you'll find a slight difference between people choosing tabs or food to a viral pandemic.

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

What travel restrictions? Banned from public transport?  Banned from being a certain distance from your house? Banned from going to work?

You've not read anything I said. The discussion is now becoming hysterical.

I wish I knew if people are genuinely concerned about discrimination or intolerance and have been advocating equality in society generally - or they are only bothered about intolerance because it's suddenly happening to them.

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Its nature

Not in the case of Spanish Flu a hundred years or so ago. That savaged the young, the fit and the healthy. But in general I agree with you.

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

I wish I knew if people are genuinely concerned about discrimination or intolerance and have been advocating equality in society generally - or they are only bothered about intolerance because it's suddenly happening to them.

I didn’t vote Tory if that helps? 

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think we know the answer to that one, a large percentage of the population couldn't give a shit until it affects them. 

In my younger years I would genuinely not be arsed by things that didn't affect me, fortunately  with age I changed my outlook. I'm still far from the finished article though. 

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

This doesn't affect me, but it affects plenty of others

3 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Are you suggesting they shouldn’t get vaccinated as natural selection is the order of things? 😉

As far as I am aware, everyone has been offered vaccinations 

With Freedom comes Choice 

With Choice comes Consequence 

Archived