Official COVID-19 megathread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I find it strange when flu' was raging before Covid there wasnt this concern about hospitalisations. You were just told to stay at home for a couple of weeks.

Truly appalling. That deaths were permitted and no real huge effort to reduce a preventable disease continued. That is due to media management. It was controlled to manage expectations, to allow underfunding. 

We've been suitably softened over decades so it was widely under reported. 

The management of it was a template for Covid. 

5 hours ago, True Tic said:

In addition, if a triple jabbed person is still fearful and at risk of an unjabbed person and is STILL required to wear a mask, I would suggest the efficacy of the vaccine needs to be revisited 

You sometimes read utterly thick and incoherent posts, and think, no, let it go. It’s a forum, etc etc.There is no reasoning with the irrational. Sod that.

Your post is barmier than the “the only way to get rid of the Lemsagams is relegation” school of thought.

I was going to pop out for a run tomorrow but I’ll cancel it. You just never know when that meteorite may hit the Earth.

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

You sometimes read utterly thick and incoherent posts, and think, no, let it go. It’s a forum, etc etc.There is no reasoning with the irrational. Sod that.

Your post is barmier than the “the only way to get rid of the Lemsagams is relegation” school of thought.

I was going to pop out for a run tomorrow but I’ll cancel it. You just never know when that meteorite may hit the Earth.

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

Go on, 

before “meteorite hits the earth”, explain the “barminess of this post”. I can’t wait for your answer, it will be ridiculous, however because it’s a forum, I’ll also let it go…

3 jabs in 10ish months… there will be more, and still we are verging on a lockdown again. 3 weeks to flatten the curve , now that’s bloody barmy, 
look at the stats another poster put out re the vaccinated being hospitalised. My bloody cat could see there are clearly serious issues with these vaccines. 

13 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I’ll get my cat to give you a call if you’re struggling …

12 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Vaccination rates for the 18-29 age groups are still under 75%, so professional footballers are really no different from the rest of their age groups (at the present time at least).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55274833

Good spot. My 20yo is single jabbed and a bit selfish. He said its not his fault its just his generation.

1 hour ago, True Tic said:

Go on, 

before “meteorite hits the earth”, explain the “barminess of this post”. I can’t wait for your answer, it will be ridiculous, however because it’s a forum, I’ll also let it go…

3 jabs in 10ish months… there will be more, and still we are verging on a lockdown again. 3 weeks to flatten the curve , now that’s bloody barmy, 
look at the stats another poster put out re the vaccinated being hospitalised. My bloody cat could see there are clearly serious issues with these vaccines. 

I'm not sure if you're on a wind up, but I'll bite. Have a look at the percentage of infections leading to hospitalisation and death pre and post vaccines. 

6 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

I'm not sure if you're on a wind up, but I'll bite. Have a look at the percentage of infections leading to hospitalisation and death pre and post vaccines. 

I fear this poster isn't on the wind up. Which scares me a little bit. 

9 hours ago, True Tic said:

Go on, 

True Tic, I am going to be kind and avoid making the joke that

“you are a bit ‘tic”.

A lot of people “so to be fair not just you”, misunderstand the statistics around the vaccines, and the rates of infection and R rates etc.  

Probably the first thing to look at is the statistics around preventing serious illness.  The statistics suggest figures around or over 90% protection from 2 jabs.  Obviously a very high success rate.  However when used at such high numbers, the 6 or 8 % who’s immune systems do not respond to the vaccine amount to over 3 million vaccinated people, who can still if exposed to the virus, become seriously ill. This added to the approx 12 million unvaccinated mostly lower risk people. So the people in intensive care will come mostly from the vaccinated “non responders” who are more in the high risk age groups. Hence why our older parents and grandparents are most at risk at this time of high virus levels.  There is also a small proportion of the 12 million unvaccinated who will become seriously ill and may die. A small proportion of a very large number is still a lot of younger people dying.

The second area and to be looked at separately is the vaccines success in preventing spread of COVID.  Here we know it is slightly less good.  The protection also decays with time. At the start the WHO stated that a vaccine which reduced spread by over 50% would be good.  The 2vaccs plus booster of Pfizer achieved about 70% protection from catching Omicron.  Unfortunately that leaves 30% of vaccinated people able to still catch and Still spread the Omicron virus. That means over 7 million fully vaccinated people did not respond well enough to the vaccine to protect them from catching COVID. That plus say 20 million unvaccinated or partly vaccinated who can catch it.  

This huge number of people who can catch it, is why we need to be careful socially distance and use LF tests before visiting older family.

The above does NOT suggest the vaccine is ineffective.  Without it we would be in real trouble with 3or4 thousand dying everyday. 

Please get vaccinated. 

My daughter is an ICU staff nurse who is obviously on the front line. She knows the true facts, at least in the hospital where she works. 95% of patients in ICU and other wards who are suffering with any type of covid are UNVACCINATED. These figures are going to be the same all over the country, not just in the North West. 90% of these unvaccinated are under 30 and mostly asian . (I am not racist). 

The % of older people now dying from covid is very small compared with the start of the pandemic.(fact). The obvious reason is that they have mostly had 3 jabs. 

120 deaths per day from 90,000 new cases. This time last year those cases would have produced 2,000 deaths per day.

I have been waiting over 2 years for a knee replacement and thats mainly due to people not being vaccinated and therefore taking up the beds..

When will people stop being so selfish and get vaccinated to protect their families as well as themselves and the NHS. ( that includes footballers).

13 minutes ago, Wee Bobby said:

When will people stop being so selfish and get vaccinated to protect their families as well as themselves and the NHS. ( that includes footballers).

Because it is still about freedom of choice and should always be that way. 

So, the great unwashed are selfish because they are not vaccinated and the rest of us are sheep because we are.

Where does it end?

I am tired of it all. If i get it, i get it. If you get it, you get it. 

Its that simple and it is no one's fault.

14 hours ago, True Tic said:

Go on, 

Covidiot.

14 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Meteorites hit the earth every day

😜.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Oh, the irony. 

It’s almost like you actually believe someone will pay 6 million for a badge with no assets. It’s almost like you actually believe we are top 6 not bottom two. It’s almost like you’re completed deluded to our situation. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Oh, the irony. 

It’s almost like you actually believe someone will pay 6 million for a badge with no assets. It’s almost like you actually believe we are top 6 not bottom two. It’s almost like you’re completed deluded to our situation. 

It's not a binary choice between staying in the football league with Lemsagams and being in the national league without them, how many times does this need explaining to you?

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's not a binary choice between staying in the football league with Lemsagams and being in the national league without them, how many times does this need explaining to you?

Who said anything about a binary choice? That’s Dave’s favourite offering. It’s a discussion on most likely outcomes all which is speculation on a forum. Do you want me to explain how that works to you again? 

I think we will be relegated. When that happens we’ll lose a lot of money through the golden share.  He’ll either cut his cloth and more relegation/s will follow. Or he’ll sell/put us in admin. 

It’s really really easy to understand, and you and others just seem to be obtuse on the matter. Which is very strange, given how closely you follow the club. 

37 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Honestly, absolutely nobody believes that. Well, maybe one.....

Oh they do Dave.

They absolutely do.

And the delusion/denial to accept where we are going by some is frightening. 

They’re still coming out with things like- 

‘we have to stay up’ er no shit- but we have one striker, no money and are under embargo. 

‘Things will change’ but they can never specify how or when. And they can never answer who will pay 6 million for a badge, because that person doesn’t exist. 

Hence why people won’t accept what I’m saying is viable or likely, because they’re in complete denial. Which is understandable to an extent because it’s underpinned by heartache at our demise. But it’s denial none the less. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Oh they do Dave.

They absolutely do.

And the delusion/denial to accept where we are going by some is frightening. 

They’re still coming out with things like- 

‘we have to stay up’ er no shit- but we have one striker, no money and are under embargo. 

‘Things will change’ but they can never specify how or when. And they can never answer who will pay 6 million for a badge, because that person doesn’t exist. 

Hence why people won’t accept what I’m saying is viable or likely, because they’re in complete denial. Which is understandable to an extent because it’s underpinned by heartache at our demise. But it’s denial none the less. 

Im fully aware of where we are heading and fully expect it to realised

however, having witnessed three relegations where in each case people were saying it would be a springboard to come back I don’t share your view that it will be a new dawn rather than the final nail in our coffin.

Several clubs in the national league get better gates than us and still struggle to come back. Our hardcore fan base is in its twilight years and I’m really not sure I could be arsed to watch Dover, Solihull, Barnet and Boreham Wood week in week out

Especially as they will probably be tanking us 

11 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Im fully aware of where we are heading and fully expect it to realised

however, having witnessed three relegations where in each case people were saying it would be a springboard to come back I don’t share your view that it will be a new dawn rather than the final nail in our coffin.

Several clubs in the national league get better gates than us and still struggle to come back. Our hardcore fan base is in its twilight years and I’m really not sure I could be arsed to watch Dover, Solihull, Barnet and Boreham Wood week in week out

Especially as they will probably be tanking us 

I don’t think it will be a new dawn at all.

If AL doesn’t sell the slide will just continue. And even if he sells, it will be a long, long way back even from the conference for any new owner. The only thing I would say is that the remaining fans may enjoy going again, as you’d hope a new owner would try to engage and unite the club. 

Archived