Official COVID-19 megathread

Fan engagement,decent facilities and a decent match day experience should be a given and is something that has been missing for such a long time….especially since AL & Co. took over.

Get those simple things right and new owners would be well on the way to having a good club with a great chance of progression.

With a few Bob behind us we are a much better proposition than the likes of Forest Green or Salford.

Blitz must surely be as pissed off with the situation as we are and IMO would probably make some compromises if any serious bids are made for the club.

Just got to get rid of these 🤡🤡’s first!!😂

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Who said anything about a binary choice? That’s Dave’s favourite offering. It’s a discussion on most likely outcomes all which is speculation on a forum. Do you want me to explain how that works to you again? 

I think we will be relegated. When that happens we’ll lose a lot of money through the golden share.  He’ll either cut his cloth and more relegation/s will follow. Or he’ll sell/put us in admin. 

It’s really really easy to understand, and you and others just seem to be obtuse on the matter. Which is very strange, given how closely you follow the club. 

The exact same situation is going to play out of we stay up.

"But knowone is going to pay £6million for a badge and no assets"

No ofcourse not we all know this (despite what you have said above) and eventually so will he. The golden share is hardly anything most clubs in this division lose money that's without the golden share or the solidarity payments which we are losing out on in the next set of payments.

So how what gets rid of the Lemsagams? Best answer = Time.

He can't go on like this the protests have seen him and his brother no longer going to games they are losing money on this everyday losing football matches they certainly aren't winning any popularity contests. They haven't even bothered to make a replacement for either the CEO or the first team manager.

Their is nothing to suggest relegation is going to be the catalyst for his departure. What it will mean is that the rebuild when they go will be harder. That's why we have to do all we can to stay up.

Anyway back to covid 🙂

19 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Fan engagement,decent facilities and a decent match day experience should be a given and is something that has been missing for such a long time….especially since AL & Co. took over.

Get those simple things right and new owners would be well on the way to having a good club with a great chance of progression.

With a few Bob behind us we are a much better proposition than the likes of Forest Green or Salford.

Blitz must surely be as pissed off with the situation as we are and IMO would probably make some compromises if any serious bids are made for the club.

Just got to get rid of these 🤡🤡’s first!!😂

The match day experience has been crap for a lot longer than AL 

running out of pies, stopping doing chips, no soap in the toilets has been happening since at least Fat Blitz and his pals walked in 

I can go to watch AFC Darwen for £6 and get a good portion of chips - it’s not hard 

9 hours ago, Pidge said:

True Tic, I am going to be kind and avoid making the joke that

“you are a bit ‘tic”.

A lot of people “so to be fair not just you”, misunderstand the statistics around the vaccines, and the rates of infection and R rates etc.  

Probably the first thing to look at is the statistics around preventing serious illness.  The statistics suggest figures around or over 90% protection from 2 jabs.  Obviously a very high success rate.  However when used at such high numbers, the 6 or 8 % who’s immune systems do not respond to the vaccine amount to over 3 million vaccinated people, who can still if exposed to the virus, become seriously ill. This added to the approx 12 million unvaccinated mostly lower risk people. So the people in intensive care will come mostly from the vaccinated “non responders” who are more in the high risk age groups. Hence why our older parents and grandparents are most at risk at this time of high virus levels.  There is also a small proportion of the 12 million unvaccinated who will become seriously ill and may die. A small proportion of a very large number is still a lot of younger people dying.

The second area and to be looked at separately is the vaccines success in preventing spread of COVID.  Here we know it is slightly less good.  The protection also decays with time. At the start the WHO stated that a vaccine which reduced spread by over 50% would be good.  The 2vaccs plus booster of Pfizer achieved about 70% protection from catching Omicron.  Unfortunately that leaves 30% of vaccinated people able to still catch and Still spread the Omicron virus. That means over 7 million fully vaccinated people did not respond well enough to the vaccine to protect them from catching COVID. That plus say 20 million unvaccinated or partly vaccinated who can catch it.  

This huge number of people who can catch it, is why we need to be careful socially distance and use LF tests before visiting older family.

The above does NOT suggest the vaccine is ineffective.  Without it we would be in real trouble with 3or4 thousand dying everyday. 

Please get vaccinated. 

Fantastic post

23 hours ago, True Tic said:

There are also many people in hospital who are fully vaccinated and cant  understand why they are there. It’s a strange situation. 

Javid said this morning that 9 out of 10 people in hospital, taking up valuable beds that could e used for patients who are waiting for heart surgery etc.,  are unvaccinated. These people will stifling the NHS and it's totally preventable, but unfortunately too late. One dose will take three weeks to take effect and even then it may not be enough to stop serious illness.

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

Oh they do Dave.

They absolutely do.

And the delusion/denial to accept where we are going by some is frightening. 

How does this dipstick manage to convert the Covid thread into an ownership thread?

This thread was reopened by Matt to provide a forum for the increased concern over the new variant so can you please go back to your BPAS thread to spout your nonsense and let the adults continue the Covid discussion.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

The exact same situation is going to play out of we stay up.

"But knowone is going to pay £6million for a badge and no assets"

No ofcourse not we all know this (despite what you have said above) and eventually so will he. The golden share is hardly anything most clubs in this division lose money that's without the golden share or the solidarity payments which we are losing out on in the next set of payments.

So how what gets rid of the Lemsagams? Best answer = Time.

He can't go on like this the protests have seen him and his brother no longer going to games they are losing money on this everyday losing football matches they certainly aren't winning any popularity contests. They haven't even bothered to make a replacement for either the CEO or the first team manager.

Their is nothing to suggest relegation is going to be the catalyst for his departure. What it will mean is that the rebuild when they go will be harder. That's why we have to do all we can to stay up.

Anyway back to covid 🙂

Good post. 

There seems to be a gap between what is preferable and the reality. The preferred or desired option is exactly what you’re saying. I just don’t think it work out the way you/I want. 

On 12/16/2021 at 10:17 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

Being vaccinated doesn't stop you getting it, or passing it on so...

This argument crops up time and time again, and I'm convinced it's just trolling now.

It's never been a binary thing. No, the vaccines aren't 100% effective, and no, they don't guarantee that you won't catch it or pass it on. But they do reduce the risk of that happening, and significantly reduce the risk of severe outcomes, which benefits you and everyone around you. So by getting vaccinated, you're helping yourself, the people you come into contact with, and the NHS as a whole.

46 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

How does this dipstick manage to convert the Covid thread into an ownership thread?

This thread was reopened by Matt to provide a forum for the increased concern over the new variant so can you please go back to your BPAS thread to spout your nonsense and let the adults continue the Covid discussion.

Bonus point for dipstick. I’ve not heard that since my granddad passed away. 

Look, I said this to you the other day. If you can’t articulate how u feel or offer your point of view without resorting to insulting people then we can’t debate. Aren’t you bored of petty point scoring with people you don’t know? You’re pontificating on others views while offering nothing other than banal, generalised comments that don’t mean anything. 

So let’s talk- do you think we will go down this season? 

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The match day experience has been crap for a lot longer than AL 

running out of pies, stopping doing chips, no soap in the toilets has been happening since at least Fat Blitz and his pals walked in 

I can go to watch AFC Darwen for £6 and get a good portion of chips - it’s not hard 

I saw chips in the JR Stand last home game if you want to relocate 😂.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

I would have double upvoted you if I could. One for your post, and the second for LOF’s latest halfwitted post, which I otherwise wouldn’t have seen as he’s blocked.

Halfwitted. . . oh dear. 

Hold me back, hold me back, I’m going to take cheap digs at people I’ve blocked. And, and I’ve blocked them because I don’t like what he’s saying. 🙄

Life’s to short Worcester. 

Merry Christmas-  oh sorry, 

you won’t seen this. 😂

9 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I would have double upvoted you if I could. One for your post, and the second for LOF’s latest halfwitted post, which I otherwise wouldn’t have seen as he’s blocked.

To be honest I've all but forgotten what this long running debate is about. 

The thing is that we all agree on the main thing.  ALMO have been bad for our club, therefore it follows the club will need to shed these owner to have a chance of improvement.  

Surely we all agree that finances will be a hugely important factor in whether AL sells. If there is money coming in, he has to contribute less and is more likely to stay, he has been clear that he wants to continue owning Oldham.

logic would suggest that if the club is costing more then AL can afford will he sell it.  The facts are that the EFL income is supporting AL. Hence logic would suggest loosing that (ie relegation) will make it more likely that he will have to sell.

That thinking doesn’t mean I want relegation. It doesn’t mean I will be happy if we are relegated.  I will only be hopeful again if AL goes. I will only be truly happy when he is gone and replaced by a good owner and admin.  If at that point we are in non-league, so be it I will be happy.

If we stay up and this clown sells up. I will be happier. 

18 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Blitz must surely be as pissed off with the situation as we are 

Yeah. Kinda like how vultures get propper pissed off when they see a weak old animal walking in the opposite direction to the freshwater.

l'll preface this with a tonal apology incase youre one of those thin skins, but l make no apologies for saying if you genuinely think such bizzare stuff as a property developer being pissed off at the prospect of loads of land to build on then youre part of the problem and a massive clown yaself.

🙄🙄🙄🙄

ffs no wonder we are where we are.

17 hours ago, al_bro said:

Javid said this morning that 9 out of 10 people in hospital, taking up valuable beds that could e used for patients who are waiting for heart surgery etc.,  are unvaccinated. These people will stifling the NHS and it's totally preventable, but unfortunately too late. One dose will take three weeks to take effect and even then it may not be enough to stop serious illness.

Pointless. Weve got people on here who have had nearly two decades to see Blitz for what he is and can't, so trying to point out obvious, simple stuff in an ever evolving two year old pandemic is like trying to sell bacon butties outside a Masjiid.

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Yeah. Kinda like how vultures get propper pissed off when they see a weak old animal walking in the opposite direction to the freshwater.

l'll preface this with a tonal apology incase youre one of those thin skins, but l make no apologies for saying if you genuinely think such bizzare stuff as a property developer being pissed off at the prospect of loads of land to build on then youre part of the problem and a massive clown yaself.

🙄🙄🙄🙄

ffs no wonder we are where we are.

WTF…he could put the club into administration at any time….

You aggressive twat!!!

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

WTF…he could put the club into administration at any time….

You aggressive twat!!!

1. No he can't there would be uproar.

2. He doesn't need to he can just sell the club to somebody who can drag it there for him, make some cash along the way.

3. l'm not being aggressive l'm being angry that such idiotic opinions still sit in peoples heads.

4. Don't aggressively lash out. l have been careful to say things along the lines of 'if you think this then youre an idiot'. Which is true. lf you just aggressively lash out at the first sign of a percieved slight wo weighing up why it's happened your anger will only ensure you will end up entrenched in your incorrect, ill informed view. Getting angry and chucking out an insult has done nothing but leave you in breach of the website guidelines.

12 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

1. No he can't there would be uproar. 

2. He doesn't need to he can just sell the club to somebody who can drag it there for him, make some cash along the way.

3. l'm not being aggressive l'm being angry that such idiotic opinions still sit in peoples heads.

4. Don't aggressively lash out. l have been careful to say things along the lines of 'if you think this then youre an idiot'. Which is true. lf you just aggressively lash out at the first sign of a percieved slight wo weighing up why it's happened your anger will only ensure you will end up entrenched in your incorrect, ill informed view. Getting angry and chucking out an insult has done nothing but leave you in breach of the website guidelines.

Everyone has their own opinion. You basically called me an idiot for having an opinion you don’t agree with….but that’s OK is it?

So sorry…I bow to your superior knowledge!!

Just now, oafc1955 said:

Everyone has their own opinion. You basically called me an idiot for having an opinion you don’t agree with….but that’s OK is it?

So sorry…I bow to your superior knowledge!!

For the avoidance of doubt, anybody who thinks Blitz is sat there pissed off at the prospect of loads of land to build on is holding an utterly idiotic opinion and needs to do some actual serious thinking. lf this makes anybody angry then l pity them and will try not to be angry w them.

l have Aspergers, so nobody understands better than me that sometimes the most simple things need baby step coaching to understand.

Hi, my name is Montgomerry and l open walnuts w sledgehammers 😞.

On 12/19/2021 at 12:20 PM, nzlatic said:

Morecambe FC have announced all players are vaccinated and about to get boosters.  I'd be interested to know if there's a carrot or a stick behind that, but fair play.

Neither. Just simple education. Sit down w an open mind and stop priorotising what your mate or sharon from the office says over what comes out from Health Professionals and their unions.

Skysportsnews just said double jabbed in the EFL is 59%
Not sure thats correct, but that's very low.

Did you know some people have had four jabs?

Archived