3 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

GMP find no reason to investigate the finances and yet the club have said sweet fa 🤔

I would hope that once you start something off in the public domain , no matter if the outcome is negative, that you are big enough to close the loop and finish it with an update

Additionally, exonerate those Directors who were in situ at the time and were contacted over it.

Wonder how much the legal costs was to end up with nothing.

I will presume this means the 2016 lease is valid rather than the 2011 one

Allegedly the cost is about £100,000 in legal fees to Blitz and whatever the clubs legal fees are. 

Certain people at the club made such a song and dance about the investigation and GMP know it has no credibility so aren’t investigating. Not surprised by the clubs actions to say nothing, instead they announce everyones options for monetary refunds on season tickets. Just another example of how they hold the supporters in utter contempt.

Im washing my hands of latics next season. Im done and will be until this shower of ownership has gone - providing they havent put the club out of business of course!

11 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Allegedly the cost is about £100,000 in legal fees to Blitz and whatever the clubs legal fees are. 

Certain people at the club made such a song and dance about the investigation and GMP know it has no credibility so aren’t investigating. Not surprised by the clubs actions to say nothing, instead they announce everyones options for monetary refunds on season tickets. Just another example of how they hold the supporters in utter contempt.

Im washing my hands of latics next season. Im done and will be until this shower of ownership has gone - providing they havent put the club out of business of course!

Ouch on the legal costs for both parties.

I understand your decision not to renew.

Lets hope we have a club post covid. The club announced that additional costing for testing will be £20k a week, so an increase of £80k per month on top of the £200K per month to keep us going.

Hope there is a post covid plan

10 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Might be a tad controversial this but  . . . . . . . . .

AL wouldn't have made this up as some cunning plan to unsettle Blitz & Gazal knowing it would likely be costing him c£100k in legal fees etc

Not for the first time he has been badly advised by his inner circle and it begs the question of how long will he continue to keep some of these people at our club

Hopefully AL will realise the board member he has retained for their 'inner knowledge of the club,' hasn't the knowledge after all and he will have the good sense to remove him

For me, not only would this save AL from future costly blunders, it would most certainly improve club and supporter relations

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Might be a tad controversial this but  . . . . . . . . .

AL wouldn't have made this up as some cunning plan to unsettle Blitz & Gazal knowing it would likely be costing him c£100k in legal fees etc

Not for the first time he has been badly advised by his inner circle and it begs the question of how long will he continue to keep some of these people at our club

Hopefully AL will realise the board member he has retained for their 'inner knowledge of the club,' hasn't the knowledge after all and he will have the good sense to remove him

For me, not only would this save AL from future costly blunders, it would most certainly improve club and supporter relations

I do think AL has been dreadfully badly advised and the removal of this Board member would have some positive impact upon club and supporter relations however given the complete shitshow that AL has overseen over his tenure, i feel that he is more than capable of making truly dreadful decisions himself. He has surrounded himself with acolytes and no one seems allowed to query anything that happens at the club. The club has an atmosphere like North Korea, it is in the worst state i have ever seen over my 50 years of watching them (more importantly to me in a worse state OFF the pitch!!!) and we have fallen so far behind other league clubs who are historically significantly below OAFC in the pecking order.    

46 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I do think AL has been dreadfully badly advised and the removal of this Board member would have some positive impact upon club and supporter relations however given the complete shitshow that AL has overseen over his tenure, i feel that he is more than capable of making truly dreadful decisions himself. He has surrounded himself with acolytes and no one seems allowed to query anything that happens at the club. The club has an atmosphere like North Korea, it is in the worst state i have ever seen over my 50 years of watching them (more importantly to me in a worse state OFF the pitch!!!) and we have fallen so far behind other league clubs who are historically significantly below OAFC in the pecking order.    

From the outside looking in to the club decisions,  it certainly looks that way

Just maybe, the board member in question has had a far bigger influence on AL than our worst fears

Our lowest league position since the 69/70 season evidences what the owner and board have been doing, simply hasn't worked

Lets face facts, AL isn't going anywhere unless there is another party prepared to buy the club off him

Our best hope is for AL to 'drop the old guard'

Despite the number of regular blunders there has been, the occasional glimmer of light :chubb:

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

Lets face facts, AL isn't going anywhere unless there is another party prepared to buy the club off him

From the last couple of fan meetings and PTB 1-2-1's, I think plans to remove said parasite from the club are a long, long way away. It's baffling the esteem the club hold him in, it really is.

7 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

From the last couple of fan meetings and PTB 1-2-1's, I think plans to remove said parasite from the club are a long, long way away. It's baffling the esteem the club hold him in, it really is.

If said person was a key figure in advising AL to pursue Blitz & Gazal through the courts regarding the North Stand which has allegedly cost him c£100k, I can see that esteem crumbling somewhat 

17 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Who has alleged this? 

17 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Not surprised by the clubs actions to say nothing, instead they announce everyones options for monetary refunds on season tickets. Just another example of how they hold the supporters in utter contempt.

I’m at a loss to see why you link the two things above 🤔

And how the club’s approach and offer of refunds is an ‘example of how they hold the supporters in utter contempt’ completely baffles me.

17 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I’m at a loss to see why you link the two things above 🤔

And how the club’s approach and offer of refunds is an ‘example of how they hold the supporters in utter contempt’ completely baffles me.

Thats an easy one. They were very keen to shout as loud as they could about financial irregularities and that these would be investigated but now it hasn’t gone their way, they wont tell you that, instead they will bury that behind the idea you can help them by not asking for your money back. Basically its not in their interest to keep you in the loop, they would just rather have your money - you know, that extra money they need to find for legal costs (the ones they havent told you about)

4 hours ago, tGWB said:

From the outside looking in to the club decisions,  it certainly looks that way

Just maybe, the board member in question has had a far bigger influence on AL than our worst fears

Our lowest league position since the 69/70 season evidences what the owner and board have been doing, simply hasn't worked

Despite the number of regular blunders there has been, the occasional glimmer of light :chubb:

He needs to drop the new guard as well. Start with a clean sheet in the board room.

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

too radical al_bro, just wont fly 

interestingly though, I have read a recent good governance 2019  document that says at the AGM's, every director should go through a vote every year....a sort of review of what have you done in that last 12 months and a confidence vote for you to continue as a director.

I don;t think the club board is set up that way.

I can't find the damn link for it now though as I have been trying to find the blasted thing for days...doh!

39 minutes ago, underdog said:

interestingly though, I have read a recent good governance 2019  document that says at the AGM's, every director should go through a vote every year....a sort of review of what have you done in that last 12 months and a confidence vote for you to continue as a director.

I can't find the damn link for it now though as I have been trying to find the blasted thing for days...doh!

most boards dont do that underdog, particularly Ltd Companies 

1 hour ago, underdog said:

That's not the sort of governance concept that applies to a company where one person has a controlling stake. It would be completely pointless. 

47 minutes ago, underdog said:

I know..but how unique it would be.

Rate your club board

Fantasy 

I am only aware of some companies were Non Executive Directors go through some form of re-election process but its usually their fellow Directors who viote so we know how that usually works out 

5 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Thats an easy one. They were very keen to shout as loud as they could about financial irregularities and that these would be investigated but now it hasn’t gone their way, they wont tell you that, instead they will bury that behind the idea you can help them by not asking for your money back. Basically its not in their interest to keep you in the loop, they would just rather have your money - you know, that extra money they need to find for legal costs (the ones they havent told you about)

Nah.

• 2 months later...

Archived