How did it come to this?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree that all the owners since the Premiership have played their part.

I find it crazy that some people think Moore was the best of the lot. 

He is the one who has taken us closest to extinction.  If things are bad right now, imagine how they would've been as a phoenix club in the NWCFL.

8 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Agree that all the owners since the Premiership have played their part.

I find it crazy that some people think Moore was the best of the lot. 

He is the one who has taken us closest to extinction.  If things are bad right now, imagine how they would've been as a phoenix club in the NWCFL.

The reason is simply because he is the closest we have come to success for a long long time - we signed players like Chris Armstrong for actual published fees we were unbeaten away from home bar 1 game we actually looked to be going somewhere.

Even the play off season with Shez wasn’t the same - we all knew Blackpool where better. The team was still frees and borrows though I’d kill to have them (and Ronnie who signed them back)

Moore gets no free ride from me - I just think that to say he is the reason we are where we are 17 years on his madness.

had we gone up under him he may have stayed, had he not we’d have been a much more attractive buy than 3 chancers who failed to buy Hull. Had the crash not happened or Oldham Council shagging us up the arse not

once with Oldham Arena but twice with Fearney field maybe they would have fared better rather than bailing and leaving Corney to show prospective buyers a brand new changing room boasting cost £40,000 when I know the guy who put it in and he hadn’t paid for the fucker 

5 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Closest we had come to success?

It's not success if you fold because it's built on a fantasy

Do you envy Bury for going out of business for the sake of one promotion from League Two?

You absolutely know that’s not what I mean - but young fans are going to look at that season a lot more fondly than the 17 that have followed - they may have actually enjoined freezing their bollocks off for 90 mins at boundary park.

and I said if we’d gone up maybe it would have been different - it wasn’t 

not all clubs on the brink go the way of Bury. My father was part of the team to build a brand new stadium for Leicester City - that club went into admin and never paid for the stadium. People in my dads company lost jobs 

Leicester later won the Premiership 

and no that’s not fucking right either my point is Chris Moore leaving us in the shit is not why we are in league 2. Successive bullshit afterwards and crowds of 3,000 are 

43 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Moore gets no free ride from me - I just think that to say he is the reason we are where we are 17 years on his madness.

had we gone up under him he may have stayed,

You do know he was a fraudster?

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

yes thanks - got rock all to do with where we are 

Well he couldn't have stayed for long give he went on the run!  He'd decided to go months before he did and played fans for mugs with his populist stuff such as turning up in the pub before the play-off game at QPR.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Well he couldn't have stayed for long give he went on the run!  He'd decided to go months before he did and played fans for mugs with his populist stuff such as turning up in the pub before the play-off game at QPR.

You’re missing the point - I don’t dispute what he was is but saying it’s his fault that 17 years on we are at the arse end of the football league playing the likes of Dylan Fucking Fage is clueless 

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You’re missing the point - I don’t dispute what he was is but saying it’s his fault that 17 years on we are at the arse end of the football league playing the likes of Dylan Fucking Fage is clueless 

Sorry but I think that's nonsense.  It's like blaming a throw in given the wrong way in the first minute for a goal that went against us an hour later.  Remember that we were in a very poor state before he arrived having had to sell the ground to stay afloat.

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Sorry but I think that's nonsense.  It's like blaming a throw in given the wrong way in the first minute for a goal that went against us an hour later.  Remember that we were in a very poor state before he arrived having had to sell the ground to stay afloat.

Exactly - if he hadn’t come along we may be bury already - he continued the life support we’ve been on ever since 

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

Exactly - if he hadn’t come along we may be bury already - he continued the life support we’ve been on ever since 

sorry are not actually agreeing 

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Hang on you sound like you’re agreeing with me?

chris Moore was the throw in

AL is the goal an hour later that we can’t blame on the throw?

21 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Proves my point.

You can see how cases like Bury happen, when you can be forgiven for folding the club in return for a run to a playoff semifinals.

Not happy with what has happened since, but we have never recovered from the massive mess Moore left behind.

He used to post on here.

22 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Proves my point.

You can see how cases like Bury happen, when you can be forgiven for folding the club in return for a run to a playoff semifinals.

Not happy with what has happened since, but we have never recovered from the massive mess Moore left behind.

And a convicted fraudster, to boot.

Archived