Board update

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/october/17102020-board-update/

Update from Barry on EFL/Premier League proposals and a bit on the club at the end.  I think he’s been told to behave himself as although he looks fairly uncomfortable with it he doesn’t come across anywhere near as badly as he has done previously IMO

We want the dosh, as do all the EFL clubs, on offer from the proposal, but don’t want to concede greater voting rights to the big-6.

4 reps from each EFL division will be involved in further conversations. Edit: Karl has confirmed on Twitter that this is just a proposal.

We’re doing some ground renovations, some forced on us by H&S, some by choice. He also said we’ve got some work to do with the floodlights, like we should all be surprised and sympathetic that  maintenance costs need to be budgeted for.

He wants fans back in the ground, says ministers are worried about supporter behaviour outside the ground. He’s challenged those views by using his experience in the police.

He speaks to Abdallah 2/3 times a day.

He said “Trans-purrr-ency” again, and his oratory skills made for amusement when he said PAYE, “Pee. Aye. Why. Eee.” In such a deliberately slow way, so as not to balls it up.

His mask slipped a bit when he said he wasn’t going to patronise supporters, but did exactly that by saying, “There has got to be a realisation that we’ve got our own staff to pay, which we’ve been good at”.

Finally, “Karl Evans doesn’t suffer fools easily” said Barry Owen.

34 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

He also said we’ve got some work to do with the floodlights.

Can't remember the exact figures but we could have received over £100k if we had spent about £20k to upgrade the floodlights to meet the current requirements!🤡

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Create an account to watch 😂😂

Fuck thattttt

Anybody feel free to pop up w a basic synopsis

Personally, I must admit I was disappointed that the club was reaching out to us fans.....yet you had to have an account to watch it...fan engagement? hmmm

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

We want the dosh, as do all the EFL clubs, on offer from the proposal, but don’t want to concede greater voting rights to the big-6.

4 reps from each EFL division will be involved in further conversations. Edit: Karl has confirmed on Twitter that this is just a proposal.

We’re doing some ground renovations, some forced on us by H&S, some by choice. He also said we’ve got some work to do with the floodlights, like we should all be surprised and sympathetic that  maintenance costs need to be budgeted for.

He wants fans back in the ground, says ministers are worried about supporter behaviour outside the ground. He’s challenged those views by using his experience in the police.

He speaks to Abdallah 2/3 times a day.

He said “Trans-purrr-ency” again, and his oratory skills made for amusement when he said PAYE, “Pee. Aye. Why. Eee.” In such a deliberately slow way, so as not to balls it up.

His mask slipped a bit when he said he wasn’t going to patronise supporters, but did exactly that by saying, “There has got to be a realisation that we’ve got our own staff to pay, which we’ve been good at”.

Finally, “Karl Evans doesn’t suffer fools easily” said Barry Owen.

I captured some stuff

In his own view, Rick Parry was right 

Praise that our fellow clubs in our division were "united" together, Closer together - weekly reports/contacts/sharing of good practice

EFL do not want to see any club going into admin because of Covid - Financial provisions?

Thanked staff

Mindful of our current league position - sleepless nights

Open to speak to all fans, you do not need to be part of a supporter organisation to contact the club

Karl Evans - has good experience and a good asset

18 minutes ago, underdog said:

Personally, I must admit I was disappointed that the club was reaching out to us fans.....yet you had to have an account to watch it...fan engagement? hmmm

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Create an account to watch 😂😂

Fuck thattttt

Anybody feel free to pop up w a basic synopsis

It’s free to set up an ifollow account isn’t it? Then this is on the basic package - I certainly haven’t paid anything bar the odd tenner on matches.

probably a way to collate email addresses which will improve future comms perhaps *

* or ban those that piss them off 🤣

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

54 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Can't remember the exact figures but we could have received over £100k if we had spent about £20k to upgrade the floodlights to meet the current requirements!🤡

29 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Pre or post Abdallah?

The EFL regulations say the floodlights need to reach a set level every year. The test is done by an independent surveyor in a grid pattern on the pitch. See https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-1---membership-criteria-regulation-8/ part 2.

The floodlight requirements changed recently, I think it was either the last season with Corney or the first season under AL. There were quite a few ground improvements needed as the changing rooms also needed to be updated that year. I think we were OK thanks to the lights on top of the new stand. 

4 minutes ago, al_bro said:

They haven't been able to sign players they have wanted.

He also admitted we are broke.

🤢

So we didn't analyse the season start, identify CDM, send out the scouts, identify Ntambwe, target him and sell the project to him? 

Sad times.

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

I agree but how many things do you need to “register an account for” these days?  Even YouTube tries to force you into it every other video 

'Tries'

Youtube would actually be worth it if it did. I'm old fashioned and hasty, I'd rather spend the time complaining about it 😂😂😂🙄.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

The EFL regulations say the floodlights need to reach a set level every year. The test is done by an independent surveyor in a grid pattern on the pitch. See https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-1---membership-criteria-regulation-8/ part 2.

The floodlight requirements changed recently, I think it was either the last season with Corney or the first season under AL. There were quite a few ground improvements needed as the changing rooms also needed to be updated that year. I think we were OK thanks to the lights on top of the new stand. 

Roy said in the Wolves game, that a lot of the lights on the pylons at the Chaddy End were out. Perhaps it's those he's talking about.

5 hours ago, al_bro said:

Roy said in the Wolves game, that a lot of the lights on the pylons at the Chaddy End were out. Perhaps it's those he's talking about.

The flood lights have been on the brink for a number of seasons. My mate who’s a sparky has worked on them numerous times to get them to the minimum standard required. I think its got to the point that they are that bad some companies won’t work on them anymore without significant spending to get them safe and to an appropriate standard rather than short term/cheap fixes. 

20 hours ago, super_blue said:

The flood lights have been on the brink for a number of seasons. My mate who’s a sparky has worked on them numerous times to get them to the minimum standard required. I think its got to the point that they are that bad some companies won’t work on them anymore without significant spending to get them safe and to an appropriate standard rather than short term/cheap fixes. 

So, it's a bit more complicated than getting a few bulbs from B&Q to replace the bulbs / spots that have been out on the pylons for a while??

Archived