MATCH: vs Mansfield Town (A) 01/05/21

23 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I think they are probably already aware of the fans feelings towards them. Any protest on Saturday would just be looked at as copying what United did.

So? As I don't share the pathological hatred of anything to do with Man U (though I wish them nothing but ill fortune) I think the protests yesterday were worthwhile. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, al_bro said:

How many other club's fans want the owners out? They all refuse to go for some unknown reason. The Venky's at Blackburn and how many more, excluding the PL clubs?

Blackburn have gone from having Jack Walker, a life long fan, who lived and breathed the club and large employer in the town, to a pair of disinterested brothers.

Like us, you can't blame em because other than money, they have no attachment to the town, the club or its fanbase,

One fan who had a few quid bought into the club he loved, made it self supporting and completely turned it around,

Had a plan, kept it simple, made small steps in improving the ground and most importantly, started promoting the club to local kids in their primary schools, free tickets and Home shirts for them to wear with pride in their own town.

His name is Andy Holt and he's completely changed the mindset and status of his beloved Accrington Stanley, it can be done but you have to love what you're buying in to or it has no soul.

That's where we've been for far too long!

Always an honest read from this guy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndyhHolt?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^embeddedtimeline|twterm^profile%3AAndyhHolt|twgr^eyJ0ZndfZXhwZXJpbWVudHNfY29va2llX2V4cGlyYXRpb24iOnsiYnVja2V0IjoxMjA5NjAwLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X2hvcml6b25fdHdlZXRfZW1iZWRfOTU1NSI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJodGUiLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfX0%3D&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.owtb.co.uk%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fmobile.twitter.com%2Fandyhholt%3Flang%3Den

10 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

So? As I don't share the pathological hatred of anything to do with Man U (though I wish them nothing but ill fortune) I think the protests yesterday were worthwhile. 

I think the so called protest did much to negate what they want to achieve, they will get no respect from me and a lot of others by what they did. I agree that whoever runs the club couldn't manage a bar, to be so much in debt is criminal and should be treated as such but to violently protest is not the way to do it. P.S. Never start a sentence with the word 'so'. 

1 hour ago, C.O.JONES said:

I think the so called protest did much to negate what they want to achieve, they will get no respect from me and a lot of others by what they did. I agree that whoever runs the club couldn't manage a bar, to be so much in debt is criminal and should be treated as such but to violently protest is not the way to do it. P.S. Never start a sentence with the word 'so'. 

Yes, some went too far - always the way.  Man United are one of the few clubs that is actually run as a business despite the oft quoted fallacy that football is a business these days; it most certainly isn't run like one in the vast majority of cases, including ours.  The Glazers have played a very good hand as businessmen as they have clearly turned a substantial profit over the years and would do a lot more than recoup their investment should they decide to sell.

I'm not entirely sure that 'So?'  constitutes a  sentence...  In any event you may be confusing the informality of a message board with some of the more fundamental basics of written grammar.

13 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I agree, they were fully justified. As I've said before if you want the media/wider football world to pay more attention then you need more strings to your bow than just being shit. A cobbled together half hearted protest on Saturday would achieve nothing.

6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

The Glazers have played a very good hand as businessmen as they have clearly turned a substantial profit over the years and would do a lot more than recoup their investment should they decide to sell.

They borrowed a vast amount of the money they used to buy Utd. They landed the club in debt, by putting the loan onto the club's books. How that's possible I don't know, but it is legal.

5 minutes ago, al_bro said:

They borrowed a vast amount of the money they used to buy Utd. They landed the club in debt, by putting the loan onto the club's books. How that's possible I don't know, but it is legal.

Most if us do it - it's a mortgage

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Most if us do it - it's a mortgage

Except a mortgage is in your name. Default and it’s only you that gets fucked over 

putting the debt on a business risks it an everyone associated with that business 

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Except a mortgage is in your name. Default and it’s only you that gets fucked over 

putting the debt on a business risks it an everyone associated with that business 

Generally the case with limited companies unless the lender thinks the risk is such that the risk requires personal guarantees.  I doubt they saw much risk with this one.

17 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Not exactly if United didn't pay their mortgage then the bank would step in run the club and then auction it off. This is what happened at Liverpool with Hicks and Gillett. If they had bought the whole thing upfront they would have taken the money out in profit anyway. The debt issue is not as bigger deal as people think at Man United.

The biggest problem at Man United is that they have since Ferguson and Gill retired pissed 3/4 of a billion up the wall on largely overpriced players and not got anywhere near winning a league title.

59 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The biggest problem at Man United is that they have since Ferguson and Gill retired pissed 3/4 of a billion up the wall on largely overpriced players and not got anywhere near winning a league title.

They are 2nd in the league and more or less in the Europa League Cup final. Pay the highest wages in the league to a couple of players and the fans are unhappy. 

Hardly welcome to our world is it?

• Matt unfeatured this topic
1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

They are 2nd in the league and more or less in the Europa League Cup final. Pay the highest wages in the league to a couple of players and the fans are unhappy. 

Hardly welcome to our world is it?

Well thats not what I said was it. 

But yeah no their problems are nothing like ours.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Generally the case with limited companies unless the lender thinks the risk is such that the risk requires personal guarantees.  I doubt they saw much risk with this one.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not exactly if United didn't pay their mortgage then the bank would step in run the club and then auction it off. This is what happened at Liverpool with Hicks and Gillett. If they had bought the whole thing upfront they would have taken the money out in profit anyway. The debt issue is not as bigger deal as people think at Man United.

Very true - I think where most of the piss boil comes from is weren’t United (the entity) debt free? And the Glazers took over with money they then secured on the club?

Im in no doubt it’s all above board but if we were in such a position I imagine we’d be mightly pissed as fans 

Archived