MATCH: vs Mansfield Town (A) 01/05/21

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was shocking today thankfully last game of the season next week against playoff chasing FGR and knowing us we will beat FGR and help the plastics from Salford secure the final playoff place,  I just hope we get stuffed. 

1 minute ago, Frankies6 said:

That was shocking today thankfully last game of the season next week against playoff chasing FGR and knowing us we will beat FGR and help the plastics from Salford secure the final playoff place,  I just hope we get stuffed. 

Yes, I came here to say the same. I'd gladly see us lose next week just to ruin Salford's chance of promotion 😂

Does anyone at BP actually give a $*&%?

its a slow painful death of a once half decent club.

Years ago when we were in Div 4 at least we were entertaining and people cared.

Noe we are a plaything for someone with no heart no soul and no fu$&*£@ clue!!

So our attackers wasn't suited to the pitch we were playing on.  I can accept that as it was good to give Dearnley and Barnes the chance to prove themselves (Dearnley did, sadly Barnes only showed that he's prone to injuries).

What I can't accept is having a back five with so many square pegs in round holes.  Adams RWB, CBJ LWB (going all Line of Duty here), a back three of Clarke, Pidge and Jameson.  Fine by me, all players can do a decent job there.  Having four of those five players out of position after it really didn't work against Grimsby is down to Curle.

I'd still have him as manager next season and hope he gets the assurances to allow him to do a proper job, but I hope this is as far as his experimenting goes.

Garrity proved once and for all his lack of ability today.  I can imagine that he has the right attitude and he certainly gets around the pitch, but he just isn't good enough.

2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I'm sure some of these players are making imaginary sandcastles. They've certainly not bothered turning up for the last couple of games.

Pile of shite shouldn't have been given the honour of wearing our shirt.

Good riddance to all of these incumbents 

5 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

It will be good to see Dearnley back, but other than that I'm not really sure what else is that interesting about this game.

Hopefully we'll be as good as we were in the last two dead rubber games, Crawley and Harrogate.

Good call! 

56 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I was criticising his decision to start Garrity, if you agree with Curle it's you who's silly.

If it means that Curle has absolute proof that he isn't good enough, then I'm glad he started.

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Today's performative was as dysfunctional as any under Kewell, the McCalmont false number 9 really worried Mansfield.

You cannot blame Curle...these players and this team is shite and has nothing to do with him!!!

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Today's performative was as dysfunctional as any under Kewell, the McCalmont false number 9 really worried Mansfield.

BP, McCalmont was brought on because we didn't have an attacker on the bench after the previous subs and Barnes got injured.

Curle got the player positions wrong in my opinion today and players who he gave chances to for the most part didn't deliver.  But to blame Curle for that sub is clutching at straws.

21 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

BP, McCalmont was brought on because we didn't have an attacker on the bench after the previous subs and Barnes got injured.

Curle got the player positions wrong in my opinion today and players who he gave chances to for the most part didn't deliver.  But to blame Curle for that sub is clutching at straws.

Bahamboula would have been better up front than McCalmont, who hadn't a clue about what he was supposed to do.

Archived