MATCH: vs Mansfield Town (A) 01/05/21

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The only player not deserving of that criticism during Curle's reign so far is Pidge, but I can see him being the most likely to be fired up by that comment for next week.

Pidge has been a good signing in my opinion, regularly having to sweep up when others go missing, plus almost never misses a header.

That said, any player should be able to cope with some level if criticism, hope KC is just enjoying basic psychology with a player he actually rates (when doing his job properly).

The clear instruction that we must play out from the back, is creating as many problems as it solves, just dont have the calibre for this to be reliable.

So like you, I hope we see Pidge return next week, with the armband, showing the desire and commitment we have regularly seen.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s OK playing it out from the back but only when it’s a realistic option. Unfortunately they’ve been doing it in dangerous areas when its simply not on.

The players got loads of grief when they continually hoofed it upfield and invariably lost possession.

Theres a time and place and knowing when is key!

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You'd prefer Badan then?

I think I'd actually prefer my brown bin but if not and if it was to be 4 at the back I'd go Adams, Clarke, Pidge & Jameson 

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The only player not deserving of that criticism during Curle's reign so far is Pidge, but I can see him being the most likely to be fired up by that comment for next week.

There is no doubt he’s a good professional. He always puts a shift in, but I still don’t think he’s good enough for a side with top 7 aspirations. He lacks a yard of pace, and is positionally poor, which means he gets out caught out a lot when the oppo striker plays on the shoulder and/or it gets played in behind. 

I’d have him in the squad, but he’s shouldn’t start if we want to do anything in the division next season. 

Just now, League one forever said:

There is no doubt he’s a good professional. He always puts a shift in, but I still don’t think he’s good enough for a side with top 7 aspirations. He lacks a yard of pace, and is positionally poor, which means he gets out caught out a lot when the oppo striker plays on the shoulder and/or it gets played in behind. 

I’d have him in the squad, but he’s shouldn’t start if we want to do anything in the division next season. 

Good job we're not a side with top 7 aspirations, in that case...! 

For what it's worth, I think he'd be good enough with someone vaguely competent (and pacey) alongside him. Unfortunately he's not had that this season... 

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You'd prefer Badan then?

I think three at the back makes sense with the personnel KC has available to him.

None of Fage, Adams, CBJ or Badan are good enough defensively to play full-back in a flat back four, I don't think. And two centre-halves leaves us exposed too, because most of ours are rubbish.

The problem is that KC seems to be playing then all out of position... Surely Adams on the right, CBJ left and Clarke, Piergianni and Jameson in the middle makes more sense? 

34 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

I think three at the back makes sense with the personnel KC has available to him.

None of Fage, Adams, CBJ or Badan are good enough defensively to play full-back in a flat back four, I don't think. And two centre-halves leaves us exposed too, because most of ours are rubbish.

The problem is that KC seems to be playing then all out of position... Surely Adams on the right, CBJ left and Clarke, Piergianni and Jameson in the middle makes more sense? 

You won't know because Curle wont try it.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

So it's far better now?

No BP it’s not and isn’t going to until we get in some decent players, what did you expect?

Curle has been dealt a poor hand, we knew from the thirty odd games under Kewell that we weren’t good enough.

Systems are irrelevant to most of this lot, they can’t even perform the basics!!

14 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

No BP it’s not and isn’t going to until we get in some decent players, what did you expect?

Curle has been dealt a poor hand, we knew from the thirty odd games under Kewell that we weren’t good enough.

Systems are irrelevant to most of this lot, they can’t even perform the basics!!

Dino was dealt a poor hand, but you could see the shape of the team working and had he been allowed to I'm sure we'd have been around the play offs.

The real problem in this is Mo and everyone but his brother wants him out.

Hopefully he will run out of money to run the club and do us all a favour and clear off, even if it means administration.

Curle has been here 5 minutes Dino was here a little bit longer.....as for AL & Mo clearing off, I’m with you on that one, it can’t happen soon enough.

I think we’re at the tipping point, supporters have had enough and if Curle goes that will be it!!

34 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Dino was dealt a poor hand, but you could see the shape of the team working and had he been allowed to I'm sure we'd have been around the play offs.

I'm not convinced about playoffs but I think Dino, with reasonable control over recruitment, would've improved us to mid-table/top half.  His influence at Burton (albeit as an assistant) has clearly had a positive effect.

But I'd trust Curle (again, with reasonable control over recruitment) to do better than that if he stays based on his record with similar clubs at this level.

Although of course the problem is that Wellens, Wild and Dino would all have probably improved us if they were given the next season to build their squads.  If I were a betting man I'd say that Curle will fall into the same category as them.

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I think we’re at the tipping point, supporters have had enough and if Curle goes that will be it!!

That's how I'm feeling.  Curle isn't the saviour of the club as there's a lot more problems that are deeper than him, but letting him go elsewhere without a proper fight will epitomise their incompetent running of the club.  It would be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me.

5 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

That's how I'm feeling.  Curle isn't the saviour of the club as there's a lot more problems that are deeper than him, but letting him go elsewhere without a proper fight will epitomise their incompetent running of the club.  It would be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me.

Nothing will break the camel's back, if scholes leaving didn't trigger a reaction. Then manager on a six month contract, whose results are no better than kewell's, is hardly going to fire up what little fans we have left.  He will leave when he chooses or runs out of money. I just can't see enough of an uprising to see him off.

35 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

This town doesn't have enough folk in it, that actually care enough about the club, just a load of the older generation who won't be able to carry the fight for the youngsters that probably won't even notice it's no longer there, when it's gone.

How many other club's fans want the owners out? They all refuse to go for some unknown reason. The Venky's at Blackburn and how many more, excluding the PL clubs?

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

How many other club's fans want the owners out? They all refuse to go for some unknown reason. The Venky's at Blackburn and how many more, excluding the PL clubs?

Probably plenty. There seems to be this strange thought in football supporters that changing ownership will always lead to an improvement-history would seem to prove otherwise.

Our club being a very good example.

Why exclude the PL clubs after this weekend's shenanigans?

2 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

This town doesn't have enough folk in it, that actually care enough about the club, just a load of the older generation who won't be able to carry the fight for the youngsters that probably won't even notice it's no longer there, when it's gone.

Sad but true

Which is why we have to force change now...if we do it now we probably have a chance. The longer these🤡🤡’s are here the worse the outcome will be!

We need leadership and I’m hoping PTB and/or the Foundation can provide that and organise a co-ordinated protest, possibly outside the ground! 
Even though AL and Mo are out of the U.K. a strong protest with media coverage would set the ball rolling.

With a lack of fans in the ground they’ve got away lightly...we have to show some passion and make them realise they’re wasting their time and that we don’t want them here!

50 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Which is why we have to force change now...if we do it now we probably have a chance. The longer these🤡🤡’s are here the worse the outcome will be!

We need leadership and I’m hoping PTB and/or the Foundation can provide that and organise a co-ordinated protest, possibly outside the ground! 
Even though AL and Mo are out of the U.K. a strong protest with media coverage would set the ball rolling.

With a lack of fans in the ground they’ve got away lightly...we have to show some passion and make them realise they’re wasting their time and that we don’t want them here!

I think they are probably already aware of the fans feelings towards them. Any protest on Saturday would just be looked at as copying what United did.

Archived