MATCH: vs Mansfield Town (A) 01/05/21

34 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

If it means that Curle has absolute proof that he isn't good enough, then I'm glad he started.

I wonder how many points a team with Garrity in has gained this season. We would surely have gone down if he’d played all season?? Hard worker but absolutely dire on the ball, incapable of passing to a teammate from what I’ve seen (which admittedly isn’t that many this season).

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Has Curle spoken yet?

He has, and he choked out some very harsh words about the players.

He then alluded to the club’s philosophy of ‘continue to buy shite and expect different results’ as complete lunacy.

23 minutes ago, rvlatic said:

You can see curle is totally pi***d off and disappointed by that and by the players "no leaders in that changing room" says it all for me

That interview was a brutally honest assessment of the team and club.

10 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

That interview was a brutally honest assessment of the team and club.

correct - i find it refreshing - instead of the usual fence-sitting that normally gets presented.

During the after match interview KC had that Harry Kewell frustrated look before he left the club.

Does anyone really want to work with this regime for more than a few months?

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

During the after match interview KC had that Harry Kewell frustrated look before he left the club.

Does anyone really want to work with this regime for more than a few months?

How many times? There are only 92 league managers jobs. There will always be somebody willing to have a go and try to prove their worth even if it is only for a few months.

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Curle keeps saying we need to change the players, he then said today, we have no leaders. We have 11 signed for next season who are largely very average. Our best player is out of contract and second best player is likely to be sold. Then add the chances of Curle getting who he wants at next to zero, I can only see more of the same or worse. 

Enjoy your summer. 

It's going to be another very long one

After watching the post match interview wiv Keef, he says that there needs to be a lot of changes but does not enlighten us. Just give us a clue Curly, don't leave us hanging by a thread. I think we all agree there needs to be changes and most people know what the main issue is but he won't be prepared to say it if he wants the job next year. 'Romani ite domum' Now write it out a hundred times and get rid of some of the dross players while we're at it.

After listening to his after match analysis I think it’s pretty obvious he wants new players and wants a say in who comes and who goes, whether he gets his wishes is another matter.

It’s highly unlikely we’ll be as potent next season and unless there are wholesale changes to our squad we’ll be nailed on for relegation.

It’s certainly not a given that he’ll be here next season and If he does leave it will tell us all we need to know!!

********ABDALLAH OUT********

11 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

How many times? There are only 92 league managers jobs. There will always be somebody willing to have a go and try to prove their worth even if it is only for a few months.

Of those only yes men will be considered who will accept the sack within a few months and hair turning grey overnight like previous managers.

Brutal appraisal from KC, didn't spare anyone, even poor Mikey who was desperate to end the interview on a positive note.

The only plus point I would have dared to offer Keith was Zak's return, clearly Keith isnt seeing enough from anyone, be that during the game or in training.

Heading for a showdown with the owner no doubt, will be another turbulent summer in prospect.

Given that every player has now been read the riot act, presumably some already gone or told they are finished, it at least puts something on the last game?

Interesting to see how they respond, the 'there are no leaders here' comment must hurt, our small group of 'talented but dont work hard enough' players have a decision.

While Keith held the team responsible for a shocking performance, he wasnt shy about being held personally accountable, nor stating that he knows the way out of this God forsaken league.

Will our owner sign up and follow?

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

After over 3 years of decline and 10 managers He better had, otherwise he will have a revolt on his hands....

KC leaving would probably be the last straw!!

We always say this. KC will be gone soon, our club is pointless.

34 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We will see if KC has the courage of his convictions and drops all the players he lambasted.

Doubt it though as Mo wouldn't allow it  

Your "Manager Sacking Agenda" is getting the better of you.

Curle apparently quite rightly had a go at the players after yesterday's non-performance but no manager is going to change all the players for the next match.

For my money he played a few he wasn't sure about yesterday and should have had his mind made up about them. He could have played a couple of kids to give them experience but perhaps felt it more prudent to examine his  more senior "fringe" players.

I hope he stays longer  (as I've hoped most previous incumbents would !) and challenges the owner's ideology and builds a side he wants to manage.

23 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Your "Manager Sacking Agenda" is getting the better of you.

Curle apparently quite rightly had a go at the players after yesterday's non-performance but no manager is going to change all the players for the next match.

For my money he played a few he wasn't sure about yesterday and should have had his mind made up about them. He could have played a couple of kids to give them experience but perhaps felt it more prudent to examine his  more senior "fringe" players.

I hope he stays longer  (as I've hoped most previous incumbents would !) and challenges the owner's ideology and builds a side he wants to manage.

I'd like him to be given longer like I did with Dino, but ridgidly sticking to the 3 at the back has meant Clarke and CJB out of their normal positions and not appearing to handle the switch. IMO he should play a back 4 of Adams, Piergianni, Clarke and CBJ. 

Fage and Bahamboula wide, Whelan and McCalmont CM and Dearnley and Blackwood (if fully fit) up front.

McAleny is going so I'd leave him out, DKD to play if Dearnley isn't 100% 

I agree he can't play kids as Forest Green are in the play off hunt, so make it a solid 442 unit instead of the dysfunctional one we saw on Saturday.

26 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'd like him to be given longer like I did with Dino, but ridgidly sticking to the 3 at the back has meant Clarke and CJB out of their normal positions and not appearing to handle the switch. IMO he should play a back 4 of Adams, Piergianni, Clarke and CBJ. 

Fage and Bahamboula wide, Whelan and McCalmont CM and Dearnley and Blackwood (if fully fit) up front.

I agree he can't play kids as Forest Green are in the play off hunt, so make it a solid 442 unit instead of the dysfunctional one we saw on Saturday.

Disagree about 3 at the back, which I think is the best formation to play.

Totally agree with four of the back five being out of position.  Needs to change next week if we're going to take the match seriously.

2 hours ago, Mayfield said:

Interesting to see how they respond, the 'there are no leaders here' comment must hurt, our small group of 'talented but dont work hard enough' players have a decision.

The only player not deserving of that criticism during Curle's reign so far is Pidge, but I can see him being the most likely to be fired up by that comment for next week.

49 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Solid 4-4-2 is a contradiction in terms if you put CBJ at left FB

Archived