If it was our intention to give Curle a contract I think it would have been done & dusted by now. It can’t be about salary surely as I should imagine  that was agreed some time ago.

The budget will probably be the stumbling block and looking at that retained list it would have to be pretty hefty just to be able to compete at this level.

Curle’s reputation will be on the line here and his performance next season will impact on the probability of him having any future career in football.

I might be way out here but IMO I don’t think the

🤡🤡‘S will have any intention of giving Curle the necessary funding to give him even half a chance  of progression and for that reason...He’s out!!😳

********ABDALLAH OUT********

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

l think you've read this wrong, It's a free hit. Almost nobody thinks it's possible to succeed here, so not succeeding here would not harm his reputation in the slightest. 

Be more a personal decision IMO. Just bc it wouldnt hurt his rep, doesn't mean he can't see the cronyism, nepotism etc and just say no thanks.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Where does he go otherwise? The dole queue? He'll be here.

Swindon, Tranmere, Bradford, Walsall, Leyton Orient, Barrow... 

Not saying he won't be here, by the way - I think he probably will - but there are several other opportunities out there. 

29 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Plenty would give him a go. He’s got a far better record than many on the merry go round. 

He's a journeyman, not sure where people get the idea that he would be majorly in demand.

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

He's a journeyman, not sure where people get the idea that he would be majorly in demand.

He's had two playoff campaigns in his last two jobs, one of which was successful last season.

Some clubs won't like the style his teams have played in the past, but there won't be many managers available this summer for this level with a better recent track record.

If he was contracted to a club then I doubt that clubs would be paying compensation to get him, certainly not in the current climate.  But as a free agent I could definitely see an average/good budget club thinking that he'd be low risk and potentially high reward.

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

notice you’ve gone away from “the dole queue”

I couldn’t give a toss about other markets - under the fuckwit twins we have had Bunn, Scholes, Wild, Banide, Maarmria, Kewell

out of all those only Maamria had aby experience and wasn’t great - wild had potential 

but Curle has got a team promoted from this dog shit league and I am absolutely terrified at who fuckwit and fuckwit would choose next 

8 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

notice you’ve gone away from “the dole queue”

I couldn’t give a toss about other markets - under the fuckwit twins we have had Bunn, Scholes, Wild, Banide, Maarmria, Kewell

out of all those only Maamria had aby experience and wasn’t great - wild had potential 

but Curle has got a team promoted from this dog shit league and I am absolutely terrified at who fuckwit and fuckwit would choose next 

We are talking about Curle supposedly being massively in demand not the Lemsagams.

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We are talking about Curle supposedly being massively in demand not the Lemsagams.

If you think an experienced manager would not be in the reckoning for any league club especially one who hasn’t really failed at any of his previous clubs you are a bit deluded

Even David Dunn got a job after here 

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

If you think an experienced manager would not be in the reckoning for any league club especially one who hasn’t really failed at any of his previous clubs you are a bit deluded

Even David Dunn got a job after here 

Well he doesn't appear to be in the frame for any of the current vacancies...

Curle has only won 1 promotion in nearly 20 years in management that one promotion was from this level his record isn't all that. 

Id keep him though and just because he hasn't signed a deal yet doesn't mean he won't be here next season.

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Curle has only won 1 promotion in nearly 20 years in management that one promotion was from this level his record isn't all that. 

Id keep him though and just because he hasn't signed a deal yet doesn't mean he won't be here next season.

it’s one more promotion than any manager we’ve had since Ronnie Moore 

*at the point of managing us 

49 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

it’s one more promotion than any manager we’ve had since Ronnie Moore 

*at the point of managing us 

Pretty sure Dave Penny had a promotion on his C.V. when he came to us so too did John Sheridan second time round if we are splitting hairs

Our general trend has historically been to go with young hungry mangers and to be fair we have had some success with this Frizzell and Royle were successes. Iain Dowie John Sheridan (1st time round) and Lee Johnson while not winning promotions should be seen as successes too. The likes of Warnock Talbot Moore and Penny didn't workout for us. 

Though my main point being here is that Curle isn't a serial winner. He's not like Simon Grayson or Kenny Jackett who have multiple promotions under their belts. He could get another job in this league but he won't be that in demand, he's most likely to be our Manager at the start of next season.

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Pretty sure Dave Penny had a promotion on his C.V. when he came to us so too did John Sheridan second time round if we are splitting hairs

Our general trend has historically been to go with young hungry mangers and to be fair we have had some success with this Frizzell and Royle were successes. Iain Dowie John Sheridan (1st time round) and Lee Johnson while not winning promotions should be seen as successes too. The likes of Warnock Talbot Moore and Penny didn't workout for us. 

Though my main point being here is that Curle isn't a serial winner. He's not like Simon Grayson or Kenny Jackett who have multiple promotions under their belts. He could get another job in this league but he won't be that in demand, he's most likely to be our Manager at the start of next season.

Yes Curle is shit - can’t wait to see who the fuckwit twins hire if he’s not hired 

28 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Yes Curle is shit - can’t wait to see who the fuckwit twins hire if he’s not hired 

Im pretty sure I didn't say he was shit.

Im also pretty sure Ive said Id happily keep him and give him a go so I don't know how you've come to that conclusion. 

Just saying that his record is good to ok rather than great.

Archived