Controlling our club

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Think @underdog
has already mentioned a similar initiative planned by the foundation/trust from October?

As I said earlier, this fan base could contribute near on a seven figure sum if the trust facilitated it. But it’s not. 

facilitating means more than asking for money. It has to define a cause and purpose which incentives fans.

cards on the table, I’d hand a good sum over tomorrow if I thought the cause was worthy and clearly articulated with a clear end in mind. Until then, loose change only. 

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I think the trust would need to rebuild a lot of trust from fans by showing they're not the toothless organisation they've been for years, before any large number of fans would donate anything to a fund they would hold onto

With a new board in and old guard out, it can build trust pretty quickly with the right narrative. 

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

I think the trust would need to rebuild a lot of trust from fans by showing they're not the toothless organisation they've been for years, before any large number of fans would donate anything to a fund they would hold onto

Yep I agree but how long do we keep waiting, things need done now.

The trust needs to start raising money now , I'm really annoyed with myself for not paying too much attention of the going ons with the trust or lack of funding.

7 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

The trust could have been doing this for years, 2000 fans donating just £5 per month equates to £120k a year, and you say they have £10k in the bank.

But thats not aggressive  enough ?

Well if that won't do you are waiting for a super rich fan to come along or one of us to win the euro lottery.

Yes if they did it ten years ago with that hit rate, they’d be in a favourable position. We don’t have ten years from now however so waiting for funds to build slowly won’t do

16 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Well it was well reported Newcastle started a fans trust fundraising scheme, fans set up direct debits and pay £1 per month, this is to build an amount of money to have ready should Ashley leave them in the crap, granted there are many more Newcastle fans so thats why they work with only £1.

We could do the same but make it a fans choice to donate whatever they wish.

I think Rochdale are pursuing something similar too.

A similar scheme is very close to fruition, and is based on the sucess of Hearts.
It was to be right for everyone to have confdence but is being steadily worked on. A very secure website is nearly complete and that will allow the exact scheme plus several other schemes at the same time ie bequests, one off donations non member donations.

3 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Yes if they did it ten years ago with that hit rate, they’d be in a favourable position. We don’t have ten years from now however so waiting for funds to build slowly won’t do

Yes fully understand 

Just now, singe said:

A similar scheme is very close to fruition, and is based on the sucess of Hearts.
It was to be right for everyone to have confdence but is being steadily worked on. A very secure website is nearly complete and that will allow the exact scheme plus several other schemes at the same time ie bequests, one off donations non member donations.

Good work. I look forward to seeing the sell to fans and details of what money is being raised for. 

This can’t be launched independently of the trust articulating a new purpose and focus which galvanises fans and starts to rebuild the organisation’s credibility.

1 minute ago, Andy b said:

Good work. I look forward to seeing the sell to fans and details of what money is being raised for. 

This can’t be launched independently of the trust articulating a new purpose and focus which galvanises fans and starts to rebuild the organisation’s credibility.

Which is why it's not.

1 minute ago, singe said:

Thats great news.

I'm not telling you how to do your trust role nor do I have any issues with the trust. 

Think alot of us fans wish we had done more, I do anyway.

2 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Thats great news.

I'm not telling you how to do your trust role nor do I have any issues with the trust. 

Think alot of us fans wish we had done more, I do anyway.

Absolutely, and we al wish we could do more. I'm only doing a tiny bit.

A lot of this is making good sense but qualified accountant from this site need to help with all the figures. If you are raising money you need to know the monthly and annual targets you are looking to achieve. The solidarity payments vary and that is why the target for each month will vary. Assessing the budgets is an easy. The club accounts highlight many of the annual costs.

Care needs to be taken in assessing the many hidden costs for events that inevitably occur during a season. At the moment the club continues to repair floodlights that need repairing and are not up to standard. £100.000 is the minimum to replace. Insurance cost for players is immense. PAYE has varied at the club over the years obviously. That payment relies in the number of staff and what they are paid. Anything between sixty to eighty thousand could be the demand in any given month.

The club still pays  into the EFL Pension Scheme that is proportionate to its days in the Premier league. ( please don’t ask why. When you bump into Alan Hardy he will explain.) last time I checked those contributions were about £90.000 for the year. Gas, water and electricity bill are to high and require an in-depth investigation to reduce them.

Ground and maintenance requirements do not come cheap and the work necessary for ground certification is expensive.

All these and many other areas need to be costed and built into the forecasts.

Those fans who have ridiculed my time at the club should be mindful that I know where all this hidden cost come from and my knowledge could be helpful to any group taking over. That is why I have offered help from the outset .

Quite simply i can assure you that natch day income in it present form is only a fraction of the running costs of the club.

That why the Council put money into the North Stand for the club to be financially viable.

I urge those involved to ensure that you acquire all the information that is needed . Cashflow is key in the football industry and we have all seen the effects of late payment to players and staff.

Eaising money through enterprise and a good Commercial Office is a must.

I hope this helps

On 8/22/2021 at 6:07 PM, Canada_latic said:

I see your cheese and onion pie and raise you a steak and kidney or chicken balti pie. 

When I was a kid we had a great bakers (bread shop we called it!) in Middleton which used to make sensationally good meat & potato pies, never seen their equal since.

It probably doesn't belong in here, but I'll go with it anyway. The way things are going on match days are dreadful at the moment; no matchday mascot for the second game in a row, no Chaddy Owl for the younger kids, no food kiosk in the family stand (have to walk through to the big section of the JFS), the matchday programme is the worst I have ever experienced in nearly 30 years watching Latics; so much so that I refused to buy it against Col U after the Newport one. Add to that, the idiots from Taurus making life extremely difficult to actually get in to the family stand by only allowing people to go through one turnstile, despite two of them being open.

I have a certain number of games to attend to get my money's worth this season (it's not many) and once I've done that, I'll be picking and choosing. Jokers...

25 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

It probably doesn't belong in here, but I'll go with it anyway. The way things are going on match days are dreadful at the moment; no matchday mascot for the second game in a row, no Chaddy Owl for the younger kids, no food kiosk in the family stand (have to walk through to the big section of the JFS), the matchday programme is the worst I have ever experienced in nearly 30 years watching Latics; so much so that I refused to buy it against Col U after the Newport one. Add to that, the idiots from Taurus making life extremely difficult to actually get in to the family stand by only allowing people to go through one turnstile, despite two of them being open.

I have a certain number of games to attend to get my money's worth this season (it's not many) and once I've done that, I'll be picking and choosing. Jokers...

Does any of that come as a surprise? 

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Are the community trust still in there? They organised all the match day stuff didn’t they?

agree about the programme can’t believe it’s still £3 no laminate and falls apart before half time 

having said that, the actual content within the programme has improved IMO

Archived