Controlling our club

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

There is only one person who is qualified to run the club in that interim period…. Will fans have except him back….

I disagree their will be other people available on a temporary basis far better qualified than him If we look for them within the fanbase they could easily be found.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, League one forever said:

If we are beating Dover and King’s Lynn- yes. Even more under new ownership. 

Been reported by multiple sources that is what he’s asked for. 

And if we are not beating them? Campaign to get another owner out?

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

Dave are you knowledgeable in this area, if so I defer to your knowledge, however reading around UCIS it appears more illegal for a financial advisor to recommend a high risk scheme.

it would seem to me that if OASF guarantee to buy back the “nominal Shares” this would be low financial risk. The may be a way of getting the scheme approved by the FSA.

Yes, I've been in financial regulatory compliance for 30 years. 

There are two sorts of UCIS, the acronym is unhelpful. There is unregulated which means that the governing rules are the prospectus rather than specific regulations and then there is unauthorised which is a problem. There is no way in earth that an unregulated firm can run an unregulated or unauthorised collective investment scheme legally and I can't imagine why an authorised firm would be at all interested. The prospect of OASF  b becoming FCA authorised would be about as appealing as a pint of last night's slops with an ashtray mixed in. 

There are so many basic things the club does that doesn't generate money. Small things can quickly add up. Why is it so hard to get a drink at half time. They know exactly when it is, get people serving, get bottles ready, do initiatives around special events. Ive followed the club for 35 years, i never see any advertisements of the games, othet than on social media. 

Buying tickets is cumbersome. People who don't live in Oldham, like me, find it hard to buy tickets, specifically for away games.

Almost zero communication, ive tried calling, emailing, tweeting the official accounts. Do more with youngsters, get em excited to be there. Pre match is abysmal. No gearing up for the game. Link in with local pubs to encourage interactions between fans and the fans and the club. 

It's almost as if they don't want customers spending money or even being there. Never been as worried about the end of the club in my life. I just about get my kids to attend the odd game. But its hard work.

4 hours ago, Pidge said:

Dave are you knowledgeable in this area, if so I defer to your knowledge, however reading around UCIS it appears more illegal for a financial advisor to recommend a high risk scheme.

There's nothing illegal about an IFA recommending a high risk scheme. Their obligation is to only recommend investments that are suitable for the client in terms of risk, objective etc. 

18 minutes ago, Gary_P said:

There are so many basic things the club does that doesn't generate money. Small things can quickly add up. Why is it so hard to get a drink at half time. They know exactly when it is, get people serving, get bottles ready, do initiatives around special events. Ive followed the club for 35 years, i never see any advertisements of the games, othet than on social media. 

Buying tickets is cumbersome. People who don't live in Oldham, like me, find it hard to buy tickets, specifically for away games.

Almost zero communication, ive tried calling, emailing, tweeting the official accounts. Do more with youngsters, get em excited to be there. Pre match is abysmal. No gearing up for the game. Link in with local pubs to encourage interactions between fans and the fans and the club. 

It's almost as if they don't want customers spending money or even being there. Never been as worried about the end of the club in my life. I just about get my kids to attend the odd game. But its hard work.

I thought tickets could be bought on line now and printed off at home?

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

I thought tickets could be bought on line now and printed off at home?

I don't have a printer unfortunately.  I also don't think thats possible for away games, and i have zero confidence that any away tickets bought will actually arrive at the away ground on the day of the game. So Bradford for example i drove to Oldham to collect the tickets

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

There's nothing illegal about an IFA recommending a high risk scheme. Their obligation is to only recommend investments that are suitable for the client in terms of risk, objective etc. 

Thanks. We will need a new idea😶

3 minutes ago, Gary_P said:

I don't have a printer unfortunately.  I also don't think thats possible for away games, and i have zero confidence that any away tickets bought will actually arrive at the away ground on the day of the game. So Bradford for example i drove to Oldham to collect the tickets

Its poor away tickets can't be booked online and they have to be sent to the away ground if unable to collect at BP.

57 minutes ago, Gary_P said:

There are so many basic things the club does that doesn't generate money. Small things can quickly add up. Why is it so hard to get a drink at half time. 

I went for a pie at half time against Newport 

“Cheese and Onion pie please”

”we’ve no pies left, we have Mars bars”

Poor lad looked genuinely confused as I laughed my head off and got a bottle of water 

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of setting up cryptocurrency.

I’m reading that ICOs (Initial CoinOfferings) or STOs (security Token Offering) is a way to crowd fund a project, eg funding the OASF to take over Oldham athletic. Looks like a lot of work and some finance for ICO but less for STO.

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I went for a pie at half time against Newport 

“Cheese and Onion pie please”

”we’ve no pies left, we have Mars bars”

Poor lad looked genuinely confused as I laughed my head off and got a bottle of water 

Maybe he was confused that someone's first choice pie was cheese and onion. 

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

I can't let that pass. The club may be about to fold, but I'll say it now - a good cheese and onion pie is hard to beat!

A good slab of pub cheese and onion is outstanding and beats all others. Wouldn’t order it at the footy though

6 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Maybe he was confused that someone's first choice pie was cheese and onion. 

4 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I can't let that pass. The club may be about to fold, but I'll say it now - a good cheese and onion pie is hard to beat!

3 minutes ago, Andy b said:

A good slab of pub cheese and onion is outstanding and beats all others. Wouldn’t order it at the footy though

Just now, Worcester Owl said:

Well going on @Chaddyexile84's experience you can't order it from our lot!

It’s my favourite sorry 🙈

11 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I’m reading that ICOs (Initial CoinOfferings) or STOs (security Token Offering) is a way to crowd fund a project, eg funding the OASF to take over Oldham athletic. Looks like a lot of work and some finance for ICO but less for STO.

That sounds like a horrifically risky idea but a normal crowd funding idea would be do able.

13 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Bargepole a touch it wouldn't I with 

27 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Very volatile and risky business, I hold some crypto but just now I would say to use crypto in any way to fund the club would be too dangerous.

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

That sounds like a horrifically risky idea but a normal crowd funding idea would be do able.

According to my son, that is a very old and outdated view😁

Apparently cryptocurrency is perfectly safe unless you loose your passwords.😂

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

Safe until someone like Elon Musk doeas a tweet slating Bitcoin and then investors lose millions instantly 😯

Just now, Pidge said:

Some cryptos are linked to the dollar or in this case backed by the OAST keeping the cash in an account, hence perfectly safe.

Archived