TONIGHTS UPDATE

Message added by Matt,

This post contains unverified content, please ensure that official sources are also considered.

I hope I have managed to answer everyone’s questions to date but it is.difficult to trace from each thread. I am going to ask Matt or Ackey if any questions can be all lumped together.

I thank many of you for the courtesy you have shown me which I know may have been hard in certain circumstances.

Please let me forget the Maynard issue.😀😀😀😀. I’m one of those fans who says the opposition are not playing well only to be followed minutes later with a goal by them.

Last night I wrote to Oldham Council on the issue of the North Stand. I have given Worcester Owl a full response on the topic. It was the ratepayers money that was used and they failed to follow through on the many conditions in the  paperwork that should have prevented the surrender of “our “ stand. 

I know many of you are sick of that topic but the lack of our ownership is the very reason why we are in financial trouble, something the Council wanted to remedy.

I am devastated at the state of the club and it was so hurtful to watch that game today. i want to follow through on the treatment of the fans on the pitch after the game and am seeking any film work that is available. I am not defending any pitch invasion but any action must be proportionate.

The presence of our young fans on the pitch brought about publicity but I would hate for any of us to condone the law being broken. Call me a stick in the mud but I don’t want to see those people with criminal convictions for pitch encroachment.

I have also tonight prepared an open letter to Abdallah urging him to move on. ( Thanks Alex Jones for yours it was great.)

I will be asking Matt from BPAS to help me get the letter out as far as I can get it into the media.

Tobight I have also written to Abdallah’s representative urging him to approach he owner for an insolvency price for the club and the badge. It is better for him to get something  rather than nothing. 

I have various  parties who would buy the football club BUT they also want the assets.

Blitz needs to be brought to the table and come up with a reasonable price. It is not in his interests to have a dormant stand with no football being played in it. Perhaps fans should stop buying  food and drink and that may apply his mind to meeting around the table.

I say that because the stark reality is that administration is an almost certainty if the stakeholder do not compromise and change their position.

I am also disturbed to read of the proximity of Mohammed Lemsagam in what appeared to be an altercation outside the ground after the game. This  follows on from his presence in the Stand at Ashton. The man believes he is a law unto himself.

As a Director there are some areas you do not visit and in the current circumstances you do not get involved , as he appears to do, in filming people which is somewhat intimidating. I have experience of him acting in this manner on previous occasions.

Anyone reading EFL Regulations will also note that filming cannot occur in the actual ground and if you see officials doing that it should be reported.

If  fans feel threatened or intimidated by any Directors conduct or actions,they should refer matters if complaint to the EFL and the FA.

I hope this helps.

• Matt changed the title to TONIGHTS UPDATE
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Barryowen said:

I hope I have managed to answer everyone’s questions to date but it is.difficult to trace from each thread. I am going to ask Matt or Ackey if any questions can be all lumped together.

I thank many of you for the courtesy you have shown me which I know may have been hard in certain circumstances.

Please let me forget the Maynard issue.😀😀😀😀. I’m one of those fans who says the opposition are not playing well only to be followed minutes later with a goal by them.

Last night I wrote to Oldham Council on the issue of the North Stand. I have given Worcester Owl a full response on the topic. It was the ratepayers money that was used and they failed to follow through on the many conditions in the  paperwork that should have prevented the surrender of “our “ stand. 

I know many of you are sick of that topic but the lack of our ownership is the very reason why we are in financial trouble, something the Council wanted to remedy.

I am devastated at the state of the club and it was so hurtful to watch that game today. i want to follow through on the treatment of the fans on the pitch after the game and am seeking any film work that is available. I am not defending any pitch invasion but any action must be proportionate.

The presence of our young fans on the pitch brought about publicity but I would hate for any of us to condone the law being broken. Call me a stick in the mud but I don’t want to see those people with criminal convictions for pitch encroachment.

I have also tonight prepared an open letter to Abdallah urging him to move on. ( Thanks Alex Jones for yours it was great.)

I will be asking Matt from BPAS to help me get the letter out as far as I can get it into the media.

Tobight I have also written to Abdallah’s representative urging him to approach he owner for an insolvency price for the club and the badge. It is better for him to get something  rather than nothing. 

I have various  parties who would buy the football club BUT they also want the assets.

Blitz needs to be brought to the table and come up with a reasonable price. It is not in his interests to have a dormant stand with no football being played in it. Perhaps fans should stop buying  food and drink and that may apply his mind to meeting around the table.

I say that because the stark reality is that administration is an almost certainty if the stakeholder do not compromise and change their position.

I am also disturbed to read of the proximity of Mohammed Lemsagam in what appeared to be an altercation outside the ground after the game. This  follows on from his presence in the Stand at Ashton. The man believes he is a law unto himself.

As a Director there are some areas you do not visit and in the current circumstances you do not get involved , as he appears to do, in filming people which is somewhat intimidating. I have experience of him acting in this manner on previous occasions.

Anyone reading EFL Regulations will also note that filming cannot occur in the actual ground and if you see officials doing that it should be reported.

If  fans feel threatened or intimidated by any Directors conduct or actions,they should refer matters if complaint to the EFL and the FA.

I hope this helps.

Pls engage PTB if you have interested parties to bring to the table and allow them to be involved where feasible. 

The last thing we want is one individual to be facilitating a potential transfer of ownership behind closed doors and without fans input and at least some level of oversight. Accountability is important here.

The prospect of the club being in the hands of someone worse than AL exists and I don’t trust any single individual to ensure that doesn’t happen. 

The trust fundamentally neglected their duty last time a transfer in ownership took over. 

12 hours ago, Barryowen said:

I hope this helps.

Have you retired Mo's filming to the relevant authorities Barry? If so please let us know the outcome. 

I think all the points are relevant and I think it is relevant Andy that parties are aware of potential buyers. I am in regular contact with Adam from PTB but to date the Trust don’t seem to want to engage.

I don’ t think any of us can influence who the parties might try and sell to be we need to keep pressure on the EFl to ensure that all the checks and balances are in place.

I would hope that interested parties as part of their due dilligence would have the sense to meet with the various group. If not that would be a worry.

Be assured I know where you are coming from.

11 minutes ago, Barryowen said:

I think all the points are relevant and I think it is relevant Andy that parties are aware of potential buyers. I am in regular contact with Adam from PTB but to date the Trust don’t seem to want to engage.

I don’ t think any of us can influence who the parties might try and sell to be we need to keep pressure on the EFl to ensure that all the checks and balances are in place.

I would hope that interested parties as part of their due dilligence would have the sense to meet with the various group. If not that would be a worry.

But if you are introducing interested parties to the club then surely you can influence whether and to what extent there is some level of fan oversight.

this all worries me. We’ve been here before with you involved in the process 

19 minutes ago, Barryowen said:

Surely if you know these parties, you would know if they are serious and responsible future owners. You can't introduce someone, or a group, without checking them out as best you can.

7 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Surely if you know these parties, you would know if they are serious and responsible future owners. You can't introduce someone, or a group, without checking them out as best you can.

I wouldn’t trust any one person to make that judgement, let alone this particular former director of the club who thought he knew AL to be a good owner until recently and who failed to vet him when acquiring the club in 2018, notwithstanding his inevitable defence that he had little influence over that particular takeover 

42 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Have you retired Mo's filming to the relevant authorities Barry? If so please let us know the outcome. 

Mo’s filming, whilst incredibly childish and pathetic is completely lawful as it’s done in a public place 

you won’t see this though so can someone tell him 

Take your point Chaddy on that one but he does intimidate people when the police and stewards have better things to do. I was mainly aiming at filming in the ground which is specifically dealt with in EFL regulations.

Andy why can you just not have a decent conversation without personalising it. Corney held the negotiation with Abdallah privately. There was absolutely no involvement with the Board and I am sure that was part of  Abdallah’s downfall. Adam

Moralee his solicitor did the due diligence and who they speak to is their concern. Owners never consider they have to seek approval and remit from Non-Executive Directors believe me.

Abdallah was introduced to the former Board as he took over.

With  respect you don’t seem to have a grasp of these takeovers. A private buyer is not obliged to talk to other groups

They will talk to the current owner like any other business transaction. The buyer is not obliged to meet anybody else if they chose not to.

Many  of these deals are covered eith NDA agreements .

Finally before a fjnal deal is agreed the EFl must approve and it is in that area that further scrutiny and change is necessary.

Please  do not try and personalise this procedure Andy because you are way  off beam.

3 hours ago, Barryowen said:

Take your point Chaddy on that one but he does intimidate people when the police and stewards have better things to do. I was mainly aiming at filming in the ground which is specifically dealt with in EFL regulations.

Andy why can you just not have a decent conversation without personalising it. Corney held the negotiation with Abdallah privately. There was absolutely no involvement with the Board and I am sure that was part of  Abdallah’s downfall. Adam

Moralee his solicitor did the due diligence and who they speak to is their concern. Owners never consider they have to seek approval and remit from Non-Executive Directors believe me.

Abdallah was introduced to the former Board as he took over.

With  respect you don’t seem to have a grasp of these takeovers. A private buyer is not obliged to talk to other groups

They will talk to the current owner like any other business transaction. The buyer is not obliged to meet anybody else if they chose not to.

Many  of these deals are covered eith NDA agreements .

Finally before a fjnal deal is agreed the EFl must approve and it is in that area that further scrutiny and change is necessary.

Please  do not try and personalise this procedure Andy because you are way  off beam.

All i ask is that if you have credible bidders for the club waiting to talk to AL then please please don’t act alone in facilitating such intros. You need others to at least be a sounding board. Buddy up with PTB I suggest. They can offer lots. 

18 hours ago, Andy b said:

The trust fundamentally neglected their duty last time a transfer in ownership took over. 

Actually we did not.

We contacted the EFL with our concerns at the time.

The EFL still approved the sale

Archived