TONIGHTS UPDATE

Message added by Matt,

This post contains unverified content, please ensure that official sources are also considered.

13 hours ago, Barryowen said:

Frankie but Dino was better than everybody thinks

I agree with that, Frankie a nice guy who identified with the club and after thrashing Newport I saw signs Dino was going to get a good team together. Still don't know why he was sacked.

Was an explanation ever given by the club?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sue the EFL for negligence. 😠

The structures of football are to blame for our predicament but those party to info which should enable them to see the signs and with the ability to raise awareness of their concerns (if savvy enough to spot the signs in the first place...) have a duty that has not been met over the last 15 years. 

12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sue the EFL for negligence. 😠

I know you won't see this but I may as well reply anyway.  The EFL cannot possibly control how owners run clubs.   The Owners and Directors test merely seeks to identify individuals who have demonstrated that they are not suitable to run a club; it has absolutely no chance of proving that individuals will run a club well.  I have this all the time in my area of work - financial regulatory compliance.  Every time something goes wrong at a firm the howls go up that the regulator should have prevented it but that's just ridiculous.  Unless they operated a regime where they checked every single thing a firm does how could they possibly prevent all failures?  The EFL is the same.  Club failures are the fault of management.  

Expecting a zero failure regime is like saying the police should prevent all crime.

33 minutes ago, Andy b said:

The structures of football are to blame for our predicament but those party to info which should enable them to see the signs and with the ability to raise awareness of their concerns (if savvy enough to spot the signs in the first place...) have a duty that has not been met over the last 15 years. 

Starts from the top Andy, transfer fees of £100m, players contracts worth £billions.

Lower down the leagues left over crumbs are thrown out by the greedy league and they expect to pick up promising kids nurtured by years by the likes of us for peanuts or even nothing.

Unfortunately, it's gone too far, only by clubs like Manchester City and Chelsea going bust  will there be a wakeup call. The signs are there already with Barcelona in massive debt.

24 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Starts from the top Andy, transfer fees of £100m, players contracts worth £billions.

Lower down the leagues left over crumbs are thrown out by the greedy league and they expect to pick up promising kids nurtured by years by the likes of us for peanuts or even nothing.

Unfortunately, it's gone too far, only by clubs like Manchester City and Chelsea going bust  will there be a wakeup call. The signs are there already with Barcelona in massive debt.

I cannot deny that I do enjoy watching the televised Premier League football.

However I am horrified at the direction football is taking at the top of the game.

’Greedy League’ has never been more appropriate 😱

On 8/22/2021 at 1:26 AM, Barryowen said:

I say that because the stark reality is that administration is an almost certainty if the stakeholder do not compromise and change their position.

But you went on the radio and said, and this is a direct quote; "MY owner will not let this club go in to administration..."

On 8/22/2021 at 1:53 PM, Andy b said:

Pls engage PTB if you have interested parties to bring to the table and allow them to be involved where feasible. 

The last thing we want is one individual to be facilitating a potential transfer of ownership behind closed doors and without fans input and at least some level of oversight. Accountability is important here.

The prospect of the club being in the hands of someone worse than AL exists and I don’t trust any single individual to ensure that doesn’t happen. 

The trust fundamentally neglected their duty last time a transfer in ownership took over. 

PTB were contacted on Saturday night about a potential buyer from a friend of mine.

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Chelsea's squad at the weekend cost just under £1b. The asking price for Kane is £150m., and a probable wage of £250k+ p.w. and we have a budget of £1m for an entire squad!!

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Chelsea's squad at the weekend cost just under £1b. The asking price for Kane is £150m., and a probable wage of £250k+ p.w. and we have a budget of £1m for an entire squad!!

To put it in context  what's the annual salary of the Prime minister?

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

To put it in context  what's the annual salary of the Prime minister?

You can't compare the public and private sector, but even within the public sector politicians (especially the PM) are not as well paid as they should be. I know i'll get battered for that, but the PM is on far less than a VC or the head of a health trust.

8 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

You can't compare the public and private sector, but even within the public sector politicians (especially the PM) are not as well paid as they should be. I know i'll get battered for that, but the PM is on far less than a VC or the head of a health trust.

Chief Constables certainly get more - Ian Hopkins got over £200,000 for failure.

With his expenses he probably spends next to nothing of his £100,000 salary though, not to mention all the other back handers he will get.

A penny over minimum wage is too much for Johnson though 

3 hours ago, al_bro said:

Chelsea entertained millions of people at the weekend. We failed to entertain anyone (again).

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

This pales into insignificance to what they all earn once they’ve left office. 

Archived