MATCH: vs Leyton Orient (A) 11/09/2021

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not worked out for curle. He’s got a tough gig but the footy is dire and we are t going in the right direction. Was worse than kewell with his team and not getting the best out of what we have now. Don’t mind losing but we aren’t 3 or 4 worse than others in this league. I’d give him 1 or 2 games more at most with 3 points min required or he goes 

Got to say, the interaction between fans was top notch. Our lot made so much noise and knew when to put the banners up and get the chants going, and no bother at all. If we can keep getting other clubs’ supporters on side like that it’ll do our cause well.

50 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

coupled with 51% possession, and you have to say we were unlucky....

For me, it's not just the lack of ability, it's the total absence of anything that remotely looks like team spirit. The kids are giving it 100%, but the others look like they have no guts or fight in them whatsoever. Pathetic. They should be ashamed of themselves, and the manager should just fall on his sword asap.

To be fair they are probably at an all time low with the fans.

With protests, pitch invasions, tennis balls, tickets taken off sale for home fans, being bottom of the league, and a knobhead as an owner with no light at the end of the tunnel I think I'd find it hard to motivate myself.

We are lifelong fans so find it difficult to understand why players seem to be not trying hard enough, but to most it's just a job that pays the bills.

Imagine if this was happening at your workplace. Would you be busting a gut for your employer?

Not an excuse by any means for not putting in a shift...just saying I sort of get it.

48 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Hope tried hard but he has no pace to poach goals and no support to be an effective target man. I don’t blame him, he’s just in a side that doesn’t play him right. 

To me has never first to the  ball, not what you want in a striker.

2 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

To be fair they are probably at an all time low with the fans.

With protests, pitch invasions, tennis balls, tickets taken off sale for home fans, being bottom of the league, and a knobhead as an owner with no light at the end of the tunnel I think I'd find it hard to motivate myself.

We are lifelong fans so find it difficult to understand why players seem to be not trying hard enough, but to most it's just a job that pays the bills.

Imagine if this was happening at your workplace. Would you be busting a gut for your employer?

Not an excuse by any means for not putting in a shift...just saying I sort of get it.

I take your point, the atmosphere is toxic, but they are professional footballers. The season is still in its early stages. Most of the abuse is not aimed at them, and they surely know that. A young lad like Vaughan comes on and gives 100% every time. I'd find that embarrassing if i was a senior player. 

The manager has clearly failed to get the team pulling together. Most of these are his choices. He wanted winners. He's got a disjointed unbalanced team that is showing no professional backbone. He would've known about the limits around the embargo, but he didn't move on some of the deadwood soon enough  and he was unable to get a decent striker in on time. 

Just now, bigfatjoe1 said:

The manager has clearly failed to get the team pulling together. Most of these are his choices. He wanted winners. He's got a disjointed unbalanced team that is showing no professional backbone. He would've known about the limits around the embargo, but he didn't move on some of the deadwood soon enough  and he was unable to get a decent striker in on time. 

Just no words 

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Assuming that was for me I haven't watched a single second this season. Predicted the score accurately today though. 

I've seen every home game and a few away yet you question what I see?

4 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

You are a brave man watching them away at the moment felt sorry for the ones who went today and spent all that money getting there.

My fault is I watch both teams and look out for decent players, there always seems plenty in the opposition.😬

23 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Assuming that was for me I haven't watched a single second this season. Predicted the score accurately today though. 

I got the result right, but I haven’t seen a single second either. It gets easier by the week not to watch. 

2 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Are you sure? They were running rings round us for the last 20 minutes.  There were plenty of shrinking violets.  

Hypothetical question of course, but with Hart, Cisse and Bahamboula in the starting line up today. Do we still lose that game?

1 minute ago, kev1970 said:

How was Dearnley when he came on today?

Wasn't at the game but he was never mentioned on ifollow commentary.

IMO there appears something physically wrong with him and not sure he will get over it for a long time.

My first match this season, and boy was that bad! Hadn’t realised we have stooped so low! Vaughan was streets ahead of the rest, and only others that were anywhere near were Diarra, Piergianni (both for perspiration over inspiration) and maybe the goalie who wasn’t to blame for any of the goals. All four goals were an absolute disaster defensively- the one area you’d have thought Curle would have them well drilled in. I’m afraid Jamieson is way out of his depth, even amongst his current colleagues!

The only tiny glimmer of hope for me is that there were so many potential first choicers still missing, but today we were so far off that I don’t think we’d have had a chance even with them.

Proud to be part of a very impressive and loud support base today - if we’re like this after 25 years of crap imagine what we’d be like if we had a good team to support!

Archived