MATCH: vs Leyton Orient (A) 11/09/2021

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Don't think it's a lack of team spirit. Shite tactics are the main issue

Don't you think there heads have dropped in the last two games - already? At best, they look fragile. 

Agree about the tactics. I'm sometimes not even sure about the formation.

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

Hypothetical question of course, but with Hart, Cisse and Bahamboula in the starting line up today. Do we still lose that game?

I'm not confident that things would of been much different.  Neither Hart and Cisse have proven themselves, and Bahamboula goes missing when we struggle.

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

I don't doubt that there are a lot of good people who wish us well at Orient, and I know our respective supporters' groups are very friendly.

However, I don't see any away team complying with Lemmies' demands to not sell tickets on the gate (unless police advice reinforces that demand obvs). There is 0 incentive to do so. Even if it's only a few extra grand no right minded business owner would turn down revenue at the request of a competitor. 

What’s yer point, caller?

🙄🙄🙄

Agreed - the support from Orient players and supporters alike was something to behold. Admittedly they have a particular understanding of our plight, but as long as we keep them onside I’m sure most rivals will be similarly supportive.

1 hour ago, JED said:

Agreed - the support from Orient players and supporters alike was something to behold. Admittedly they have a particular understanding of our plight, but as long as we keep them onside I’m sure most rivals will be similarly supportive.

A lot of fans who are aware of our current predicament will be supportive, I doubt Dogdale will be one of them. 

My player ratings…

Leutwiler 5 first half, 8 second half. Two very good saves, unlucky one went in at the second attempt. 
Fage 5 average. Not awful, not good.

Clarke 4 not a centre back. 

Piergianni 6 put himself about a lot and never stopped trying, but basically a clogger’s performance. 

Jameson 4 not good. 

Bowden 4 this might be harsh and if so apologies, but I barely remember him doing anything.

Diarra 5 average. 

Adams 6 kept trying, never stopped running, but limited options. 

Bettache 6 thought he had some nice touches.

Hope 6 thankless job being a sole striker when pace isn’t your strong point and you lack enough support to play a target man role, but he kept putting effort in right to the end. 

Keillor-Dunn 4 not entirely his fault, playing that advanced just didn’t work.

Vaughan 8 best on display. The brightest spark in our lot. Even his corners were better. 

Dearnley 4 invisible, though to be fair it was too late to achieve much.

Da Silva 6 thought he looked bright, but hard to judge in five minutes.

Absolutely abysmal that today. Nearly 10 hours in the car to see players who clearly give zero interest and effort.

Tbh hardly even interested in the game. 

Great reception by Leyton Orient, i normally hate the well wishing stuff but it felt so real today by them and it was a pleasure to be a part of it. Fans behaved impeccably, so hopefully that means we continue to get away tickets

2 minutes ago, Gary_P said:

Absolutely abysmal that today. Nearly 10 hours in the car to see players who clearly give zero interest and effort.

Tbh hardly even interested in the game. 

Great reception by Leyton Orient, i normally hate the well wishing stuff but it felt so real today by them and it was a pleasure to be a part of it. Fans behaved impeccably, so hopefully that means we continue to get away tickets

Fair play to you Gary and all those that went, how you can u muster the enthusiasm for a trip like that knowing the side we have to put out is beyond me. 

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Fair play to you Gary and all those that went, how you can u muster the enthusiasm for a trip like that knowing the side we have to put out is beyond me. 

Cheers! As driving didnt even get a beer! Making uo for it now like!

Strange days indeed. Living an hour or so away I felt I ought to go today, but it was more to share in the despair of what's happening to my club that to watch a game of football. As gratifying as it was to see the support from Orient fans for our plight and to see their players applaud our supporters at the end of the match, we can't want scenes like that to be replicated at the rest of our away games this season - when we've rolled over and capitulated from Exeter to Carlisle.

I'm lucky to have witnessed the majority of the highs under Joe Royle and enjoyed away wins in less fruitful times in the 80s and 90s, but what alarmed me most today was just how abject a team we put out on the pitch. I often see comments about how poor the opposition were that have rolled us over. Yet, I think the same can be said today: Orient, certainly in the first half, weren't very good but they had a game plan and they knew how to execute it. They also have players with ability and physicality and get the best out of them. Why, in the first half, did we persist in knocking corners and free kicks in that were meat and drink to their big back line? The experienced pros and/or the coaching staff should see this and look at alternatives. But no.

It's very tough on the young lads from Spurs and QPR. Both showed and wanted the ball, but the contracted players around them were all too often not on the same wavelength. Their confidence will soon be shot and they won't enjoy this opportunity for first team football. So too Vaughan, who injected some much needed drive but then got swallowed up in the structureless mess that was unfolding around him.

What's the issue with Dearnley? Why don't they tell us? If he's fit play him, if not the get him rehabilitated. He was ready to come on before Orient's third and then the coaching staff told him to put a bib back on. Why? There was no way back then but at least get him on if he needs match fitness.

What a depressing mess this all is: supporters totally committed but with no hope to invest in the regime or the team; a group of senior players of limited ability with no leadership or direction on or off the pitch; and some talented younger players left to carry the burden but who will quickly feel overwhelmed by that responsibility.

It may be too late even now to save our season but if you can get down to BP next week to protest against the ownership of the club please do. Today was an eye-opener for me to just how far this club that binds us together has fallen. 

47 minutes ago, Funes said:

Strange days indeed. Living an hour or so away I felt I ought to go today, but it was more to share in the despair of what's happening to my club that to watch a game of football. As gratifying as it was to see the support from Orient fans for our plight and to see their players applaud our supporters at the end of the match, we can't want scenes like that to be replicated at the rest of our away games this season - when we've rolled over and capitulated from Exeter to Carlisle.

I'm lucky to have witnessed the majority of the highs under Joe Royle and enjoyed away wins in less fruitful times in the 80s and 90s, but what alarmed me most today was just how abject a team we put out on the pitch. I often see comments about how poor the opposition were that have rolled us over. Yet, I think the same can be said today: Orient, certainly in the first half, weren't very good but they had a game plan and they knew how to execute it. They also have players with ability and physicality and get the best out of them. Why, in the first half, did we persist in knocking corners and free kicks in that were meat and drink to their big back line? The experienced pros and/or the coaching staff should see this and look at alternatives. But no.

It's very tough on the young lads from Spurs and QPR. Both showed and wanted the ball, but the contracted players around them were all too often not on the same wavelength. Their confidence will soon be shot and they won't enjoy this opportunity for first team football. So too Vaughan, who injected some much needed drive but then got swallowed up in the structureless mess that was unfolding around him.

What's the issue with Dearnley? Why don't they tell us? If he's fit play him, if not the get him rehabilitated. He was ready to come on before Orient's third and then the coaching staff told him to put a bib back on. Why? There was no way back then but at least get him on if he needs match fitness.

What a depressing mess this all is: supporters totally committed but with no hope to invest in the regime or the team; a group of senior players of limited ability with no leadership or direction on or off the pitch; and some talented younger players left to carry the burden but who will quickly feel overwhelmed by that responsibility.

It may be too late even now to save our season but if you can get down to BP next week to protest against the ownership of the club please do. Today was an eye-opener for me to just how far this club that binds us together has fallen. 

I will be there to protest .My son went today and said it was the worst game he has seen and hes seen plenty

4 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Curle needs to go ASAP 

I'd say that there's two reasons why he doesn't need to go.

One being that he can sit on his 2 year deal as long as he wants until he gets sacked.  I wouldn't put it past AL to pull the trigger but it would look even worse than normal for him to do it not even a week after publicly backing him.

The another being that Curle leaving won't significantly improve our fortunes (and that's saying something because our start has been disastrous).  The next manager will still have the same depleted squad that's lacking ability to work with.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'd say that there's two reasons why he doesn't need to go.

One being that he can sit on his 2 year deal as long as he wants until he gets sacked.  I wouldn't put it past AL to pull the trigger but it would look even worse than normal for him to do it not even a week after publicly backing him.

The another being that Curle leaving won't significantly improve our fortunes (and that's saying something because our start has been disastrous).  The next manager will still have the same depleted squad that's lacking ability to work with.

Talking of disasterous starts, ours is not as bad as Fort William who play in the Highland League. They have played 6, lost 6, scored 5 (quite good), conceded 31. They are consistent. They have managed to maintain this form for the last few years. Yesterday they conceded 10.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived