MATCH: vs Harrogate Town (A) 22/01/22

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

But aren't things like desire and effort impossible metrics to measure? Think it is ridiculous to accuse players of not showing enough of these undefinable things.

Come on Erysey. 

Even by your standards, that’s just nonsense. 

Solskjaer got sacked in part because United’s running stats- (you know the metric that’s used to measure effort and desire) we’re in the bottom 3 of the league. It was obvious to anyone watching, that the players had stopped playing/running for him. This happens to several managers season in season out. The players may lack technical ability, but there’s no excuse for not trying. 

On the video on twitter, you can see Missilou and Adams holding their hands up-  they know. 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JohnG123 said:

If each and everyone of these players came of dripping in sweat and having given 100% for the shirt, I could live with the fact they just aren’t good enough .

unfortunately most of them could get on the coach home without needing a shower and that’s unacceptable and the fans deserve better.

just my humble opinion.

Spot on, bare minimum required 

The majority of the contracts for the current playing squad are up this year, perhaps some are already looking to pastures new, on this form though, I can't see many takers. As a player would you want to stay here?

Anyone know where Vaughan was today, or was he left out due to fear of injury and loosing out on a transfer fee.

That wasn’t a game today I thought they could win, would have taken a point prior. Ultimately although we more than likely will go down the chance is still there to stay up as the league is terrible and there is time. They need a manager and 3-4 players really as a min. The next week will show how much ALMO believe this club is worth in league vs national league. If they have acknowledged they will get national league price whatever then they won’t invest and we are doomed 

Just now, hillside blue said:

The majority of the contracts for the current playing squad are up this year, perhaps some are already looking to pastures new, on this form though, I can't see many takers. As a player would you want to stay here?

Anyone know where Vaughan was today, or was he left out due to fear of injury and loosing out on a transfer fee.

Selim told the Oldham times he has a hamstring injury after he said the fans and the press and everyone are against them 

10 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Selim told the Oldham times he has a hamstring injury after he said the fans and the press and everyone are against them 

Thanks Chaddy, just listened to the interview, Selim does sound like a man on his way out, he  mentions about the players needing to fight harder for the badge.

As for the young kids in the team, the toxic atmosphere at the club will be a steep learning curve for some.

23 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Come on Erysey. 

Even by your standards, that’s just nonsense. 

Solskjaer got sacked in part because United’s running stats- (you know the metric that’s used to measure effort and desire) we’re in the bottom 3 of the league. It was obvious to anyone watching, that the players had stopped playing/running for him. This happens to several managers season in season out. The players may lack technical ability, but there’s no excuse for not trying. 

On the video on twitter, you can see Missilou and Adams holding their hands up-  they know. 

Not totally sure running more means you care more but if our stats show that then I might take a bit of notice, until then be quiet I say.

I made my way to the tunnel at full time to make my feelings known, after all who else can we direct our ire at when the owner is nowhere to be seen. I make no apology for that, I pay my money and I’ll say my piece. 
Other than that, myself and many others in the end behind the goal were extremely apathetic which was very strange considering most were in plenty of drink. 

A special mention goes to the pissed up, bigoted clown in the blue puffer jacket (you know who you are) who was delivering racial abuse (directed at the owner) all through the first half. He went for a slash (his words) at half time and never came back, hopefully he was shown the error of his ways by the local constabulary as I could see the stewards eyeing him up. A man plenty in his fifties should know better. No need. 

2 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I made my way to the tunnel at full time to make my feelings known, after all who else can we direct our ire at when the owner is nowhere to be seen. I make no apology for that, I pay my money and I’ll say my piece. 
Other than that, myself and many others in the end behind the goal were extremely apathetic which was very strange considering most were in plenty of drink. 

A special mention goes to the pissed up, bigoted clown in the blue puffer jacket (you know who you are) who was delivering racial abuse (directed at the owner) all through the first half. He went for a slash (his words) at half time and never came back, hopefully he was shown the error of his ways by the local constabulary as I could see the stewards eyeing him up. A man plenty in his fifties should know better. No need. 

Genuine question:

Going to the tunnel to give the players shit 

Do you think that did any good at all ? 

Not long got back. The less said the better really. Feeling utterly dejected after that. Losing is not so hard to take when you players show a bit of heart and fight but these lot couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.

Even if Sheridan does come in im afraid we need another 7 or 8 players if we are to claw back this 7 point gap. Theres just no fight in any of them. We need some bastards, players who will shout and grab other players by the back of the neck when they aren't doing their jobs. I just feel so utterly pessimistic after witnessing that I just don't think there's a way out. Sheridan would lose his shit at half of these and we'd never see them again. He'd have been dragging the likes of stobbs and whelan off the pitch by their shirts throwing them down the tunnel.

Even though there's 63 points to play for I can see where the next goal is coming from nevermind the next point. We have a defence that can't defend, a midfield that can battle or create, and a non existant striker force. Well and truly doomed. 

23 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not totally sure running more means you care more but if our stats show that then I might take a bit of notice, until then be quiet I say.

In any walk of life actions speak louder than words. You may get a player who has done nothing, but still claims that he cares- but his performance says he doesn’t- actions speak louder than words. Fans can only go off what they watch, and no fan/s berates the players like that unless it been a pathetic effort/performance. 

On your second point- what do you mean specifically by be quiet? You don’t seriously then to clap them off do you? 

11 minutes ago, tGWB said:

This works then ?

I wonder if the clowns hurling abuse in that video think it will fire up the players for their next match, or further destroy any morale they may still have.

Actually, I maybe could have ended that sentence at “think”.

4 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I wonder if the clowns hurling abuse in that video think it will fire up the players for their next match, or further destroy any morale they may still have.

Actually, I maybe could have ended that sentence at “think”.

Sadly Worcester, there are a few just on this thread who expect those players to give a shit next time they turn out for us 

Even worse, there are loads on Twitter who are delighted we abuse our own players 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

In any walk of life actions speak louder than words. You may get a player who has done nothing, but still claims that he cares- but his performance says he doesn’t- actions speak louder than words. Fans can only go off what they watch, and no fan/s berates the players like that unless it been a pathetic effort/performance. 

On your second point- what do you mean specifically by be quiet? You don’t seriously then to clap them off do you? 

Be quiet as in don't abuse your own players or staff, you don't have to clap anybody. But Sheridan is back now so there shouldn't be a single iota of discontent to be heard...

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Be quiet as in don't abuse your own players or staff, you don't have to clap anybody. But Sheridan is back now so there shouldn't be a single iota of discontent to be heard...

Shez coming back will be irrelevant to the ‘abuse’ the players will get for insipid or gutless performances. If anything it will get worse under Shez (if performances are awful) because he’s a cult figure doing the club a massive favour. No fan will blame one thing on Shez, so the players better get used to sticking their chest out and quickly. 

Archived