MATCH: vs Harrogate Town (A) 22/01/22

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

Some absolute tossers at the game yesterday, only going with the intention of creating a toxic atmosphere from the offset. Two guys in particular were rabid from minute one with regards to the passing out from the back from the first minute, I would understand to some extent if it wasn’t working, but they were allowing us the space to pass it out from the back  and we didn’t give the ball away in those situations… who the fuck do they want us to hoof it up to anyway. The abuse Mcgahey got as he was first off at the end was absolutely disgusting aswell, didn’t even kick a ball. Came out yesterday feeling so dejected, horrible performance granted, but the atmosphere was grim and depressing and anyone who calls me a happy clapper can do one, there is a middle ground between being a wild animal and a happy clapper.

This for me. 

34 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

Some absolute tossers at the game yesterday, only going with the intention of creating a toxic atmosphere from the offset. Two guys in particular were rabid from minute one with regards to the passing out from the back from the first minute, I would understand to some extent if it wasn’t working, but they were allowing us the space to pass it out from the back  and we didn’t give the ball away in those situations… who the fuck do they want us to hoof it up to anyway. The abuse Mcgahey got as he was first off at the end was absolutely disgusting aswell, didn’t even kick a ball. Came out yesterday feeling so dejected, horrible performance granted, but the atmosphere was grim and depressing and anyone who calls me a happy clapper can do one, there is a middle ground between being a wild animal and a happy clapper.

I didn't go yesterday but get to 10 or so away games each season and the the culprits are the same knobhead low lifes on most occasions.

It's clear they are coked and boozed up and have fuck all better to do with their lives. Most would still shit themselves if confronted. I've been close to lamping one or two more than once.

They are more embarrassing than the performances which is saying something these days and one day that will get what they deserve....🤕

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

How do you know I’m in the minority? You’ve just made that up to give your argument more credence. Eyrsey was on twitter and tried to say the fans can’t call themselves fans behaving like that. He got quickly shot down by those that were there. 

Did you go? I didn’t, but I can completely understand peoples hurt anger and passion, especially given our predicament- as long as it’s not personal. 

Yes I was at the game 

Reading the thread this afternoon, its pretty obvious on this particular point, you are in the minority

We don't always have to agree, its a Forum to exchange opinions 

11 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I didn't go yesterday but get to 10 or so away games each season and the the culprits are the same knobhead low lifes on most occasions.

It's clear they are coked and boozed up and have fuck all better to do with their lives. Most would still shit themselves if confronted. I've been close to lamping one or two more than once.

They are more embarrassing than the performances which is saying something these days and one day that will get what they deserve....🤕

You can be pissed up and coked up and not be a knobhead...those people are probably just knobheads sober

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Has anyone specifically defended personal abuse? Or just the booing. 

Im not a booer but I have no problem it happening if deserved. I don’t like personal abuse. The only one I heard was directed at McGahey which was wrong. But has anyone said that is ok?

Spot on. 

No, no one has defended personal abuse. 

There is a world of difference between booing, or saying their performance was shit. . . Which it was. And running down and calling someone a fat cunt. Which is just a bit pathetic really. 

12 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Yes I was at the game 

Reading the thread this afternoon, its pretty obvious on this particular point, you are in the minority

We don't always have to agree, its a Forum to exchange opinions 

Of course. 👍🏻

I’m not trying to change you’re mind or opinion. I’m trying to understand in a more detailed way where you’re coming from. Things are more nuanced than- all ‘abuse’ is wrong. 

There is context, what was actually said, was it shouted individually or collectively. Was it about their performance or not. 

A lot of fans do cross the line- I accept that. But that doesn’t mean we should go completely the other way and say any criticism or voicing displeasure is wrong. 

I earn more money than the ones on 800 a week. I think we have to accept we’re expecting too much from these players. They are earning pennies! Shout at Ronaldo on 250000, not at someone struggling to pay the bills. They are not that different than the crowd money wise, they will have the same worries and concerns we do. I go to work and put my personal problems aside most of the time the best I can . If I had 600 people screaming abuse at me I would struggle to do my job. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Of course. 👍🏻

I’m not trying to change you’re mind or opinion. I’m trying to understand in a more detailed way where you’re coming from. Things are more nuanced than- all ‘abuse’ is wrong. 

There is context, what was actually said, was it shouted individually or collectively. Was it about their performance or not. 

A lot of fans do cross the line- I accept that. But that doesn’t mean we should go completely the other way and say any criticism or voicing displeasure is wrong. 

Our lot usually walk with 5mins to go so we dont have to listen to it 

Whilst we have never booed the team, we do understand it to a point 

Yesterday fans ran to the players tunnel to abuse the players and at the final whistle 

This sort of stuff captured on video can only be described as abuse

https://twitter.com/joel_macauley/status/1484935099271589901?s=24

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Was the tickets for the game on general sale or did they go to season ticket holders first out of interest. 

18 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Was the tickets for the game on general sale or did they go to season ticket holders first out of interest. 

I am a Home game boycotter but picked up tickets for yesterday 

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

I earn more money than the ones on 800 a week. I think we have to accept we’re expecting too much from these players. They are earning pennies! Shout at Ronaldo on 250000, not at someone struggling to pay the bills. They are not that different than the crowd money wise, they will have the same worries and concerns we do. I go to work and put my personal problems aside most of the time the best I can . If I had 600 people screaming abuse at me I would struggle to do my job. 

This is something people need to wake up to. They aren't paid mega bucks. Most are average Joe's who's shouldn't have to hear the nonsense that spews out of some of our fans.

Jeez there's some precious petals on here. 

If the players can't handle stick then they are in the wrong career (this surely can't come as a surprise to them), and after watching them "perform" this season I'm fairly certain 90% of the squad most definitely are. 

Some somehow seem to think that the 1 to 11 are putting in 100% effort week in week out to get us out of this mess, then I'm sorry you have a form of Latics watching Stockholm syndrome.

Fans can forgive a lack of talent as long as players bust a gut and try their best, but some of our players are gassed after 60 minutes and we don't even play pressing football, so that shows to me a lack of fitness = lack of desire to last 90 minutes (do their job) which is why they get stick, like Mcgahey, who literally is a fat cunt and massively unfit. 

53 minutes ago, OL9erlatic said:

If the players can't handle stick then they are in the wrong career (this surely can't come as a surprise to them), and after watching them "perform" this season I'm fairly certain 90% of the squad most definitely are. 

Some somehow seem to think that the 1 to 11 are putting in 100% effort week in week out to get us out of this mess, then I'm sorry you have a form of Latics watching Stockholm syndrome.

Fans can forgive a lack of talent as long as players bust a gut and try their best, but some of our players are gassed after 60 minutes and we don't even play pressing football, so that shows to me a lack of fitness = lack of desire to last 90 minutes (do their job) which is why they get stick, like Mcgahey, who literally is a fat cunt and massively unfit. 

Do you know what the word literally means? 

1 hour ago, OL9erlatic said:

I wouldn't say they're in the wrong career. Wrong level maybe.

McGahey isn't LITERALLY a fat cunt is he...

1 hour ago, OL9erlatic said:

Yes the precious petals compared to those brave tough upstanding warriors who hurled abuse at the players who walked off the pitch that took real guts that did didn't it. Especially that guy who called McGahey a fat cunt legend.

24 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yes the precious petals compared to those brave tough upstanding warriors who hurled abuse at the players who walked off the pitch that took real guts that did didn't it. Especially that guy who called McGahey a fat cunt legend.

Who mentioned them being upstanding warriors? 

As well all know watching shit football isn't like going out for a shit meal, you can always complain then choose not to go back to that restaurant but most people don't turn their backs and walk away from their clubs, so I think sometimes the players need reminding how much this club means to the fans and if sometimes that goes too far (in some people's opinion) then so be it. I'm guessing a large chunk on here don't agree but I would much rather work on a site/job where the foreman/boss gives me a rollocking and told me some hard truths than bad mouths me behind my back or says nothing till its too late.

7 hours ago, OL9erlatic said:

Who mentioned them being upstanding warriors? 

As well all know watching shit football isn't like going out for a shit meal, you can always complain then choose not to go back to that restaurant but most people don't turn their backs and walk away from their clubs, so I think sometimes the players need reminding how much this club means to the fans and if sometimes that goes too far (in some people's opinion) then so be it. I'm guessing a large chunk on here don't agree but I would much rather work on a site/job where the foreman/boss gives me a rollocking and told me some hard truths than bad mouths me behind my back or says nothing till its too late.

Oh you can choose not to go knowone holds a gun to your head trust me I don't currently. I haven't been since Barrow at home in September, I'm not one of those who says he doesn't care anymore I want things to change before I decide to spend more time and money on OAFC. One of the reasons was in those videos right there I do not want to end up like people like that who spent this weekend spending time and money getting angry about an outcome that they knew was highly likely to happen and were blatantly abusive. 

That wasn't home truths it was just abuse probably alcohol fuelled. We all have to take criticism in our professional lives I have had to take it I don't mind doing it again. But if someone gets abusive with me a customer or a superior they can do one I will back myself to go somewhere else I don't need it.

Archived