BPAS PODCAST: 21st Mar '22 Episode 76: The Laughing Policeman

Barry I know you are reading this because you love the attention (probably as you have nothing else going on in your existence). How about you crawl back into the slimy hole you were living in for the past couple of months and leave the adults to continue with trying to remove the current dictatorship at OAFC? You are as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit. You are not welcome at OAFC and you are too stupid to see that Abdallah and his idiot brother are just using you to try and distract fans from the lack of progress in selling the club (i.e no progress what so ever). You are a poison at OAFC bringing very little knowledge (which we know is dangerous) and are as much use as a chocolate teapot. Just f*** off

37 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Barry I know you are reading this because you love the attention (probably as you have nothing else going on in your existence). How about you crawl back into the slimy hole you were living in for the past couple of months and leave the adults to continue with trying to remove the current dictatorship at OAFC? You are as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit. You are not welcome at OAFC and you are too stupid to see that Abdallah and his idiot brother are just using you to try and distract fans from the lack of progress in selling the club (i.e no progress what so ever). You are a poison at OAFC bringing very little knowledge (which we know is dangerous) and are as much use as a chocolate teapot. Just f*** off

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

9 hours ago, BPAS said:

BO is one of the hardest smells to get rid of, at least around these parts it is. It's time to put your hand in your pocket and help take the club away from those who are destroying it.

You can now support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link https://anchor.fm/bp-alert/subscribe. All the regular episodes will remain free to everyone.

You can also support us by visiting https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

Download and listen to the podcast via the FanHub app, where content creators and fans alike are rewarded for getting involved #ctg.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC. Find out more about OASF at www.oldhamathleticsupportersfoundation.com

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

That was well worth a listen, but I wish Matt Dean would tell us what he really thinks!!!

I thought the laughing policeman soundbites were a bit unnecessary myself. In a way, it kind of drags it down to his level.

However, a superb job in highlighting the constant contradictions and hypocrisy he's spouted, especially since his turn on the podcast. How anyone can be surprised to see him cosying back up to the regime is anyone's guess.

Really though - and I'm telling myself this more than anything - he should have zero interaction on Twitter. He needs blocking by anyone on Twitter following the hashtag. It's the oxygen of replies that he thrives on and if there's one thing proven that he despises, it's being ignored.

3 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Rumoured that Burnley are interested, but any transfer fee is reduced if they play for Latics!!

Other than injuries what possible reason could there be for not allowing them to play? 

Even with injuries the risk isn't huge though as Burnley can't get either of them until the summer. 

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It's the oxygen of replies that he thrives on and if there's one thing proven that he despises, it's being ignored.

This is it for me. 

But I suppose it’s easy to say when his bile isn’t aimed at you and you’re decent bloke trying to do your best. 

I really feel for Matt- say nothing and BO won’t stop slandering you. 

Get involved (and while it feels good to give it back) you get dragged in to arguing with a complete tool and it must be draining. 

It's always interesting to listen to where you are at ; this week was even more riveting than most, albeit for the worst of reasons. 

I've been reading the match threads and the one on relegation a fair bit recently, and I've felt that the mood had darkened quite a bit during this last very disappointing run. If Matt is reading the room well, today should not have come as a surprise.

I think the appointment of Sheridan was a populist move, and more clever than it perhaps looked. It gave them time, especially when accompanied by some carefully vague remarks about selling up. But when you strip it all away, your club has not used January to good effect, and from where I sit does not look to be trying as hard as some of its rivals to get out of the mess it is in. That might be unfair, but I don't think it is. The only other explanation is that the rabbit is fascinated by the headlights.

I don't blame you for focusing on money as a route to influence. We went through a similar thought process ourselves and it worked well for Pompey.  The problem with putting yourselves at the centre of the fiscal aspects of the problem is not getting together the money to take an equity share (it isn't worth all that much at present). It is sustaining your effort year on year, if you end up being part of the new ownership arrangements . 

My feeling is that you may have to take your fight back into the broader arena, including at the national level. There is (hopefully) a revolution coming ; it might be worth trying to harness it for your own ends.

I think the season ticket price pledge is a good idea (like you mentioned about Pompey).  It would give you a clear idea about how many people would commit to getting the current board out and would help anyone legitimate who is waiting in the wings. 

Also talking about people from further afield committing too, I live too far away to get a season ticket but I would pledge the equivalent price of one if it helped the situation.

20 hours ago, League one forever said:

. . . I suppose it’s easy to say when his bile isn’t aimed at you and you’re decent bloke trying to do your best. 

I really feel for Matt- say nothing and BO won’t stop slandering you. 

Get involved (and while it feels good to give it back) you get dragged in to arguing with a complete tool and it must be draining. 

Now Barry Owen has set up yet another Twitter account (unless it's another fake) @Barryowen4634

:petesake:

57 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Now Barry Owen has set up yet another Twitter account (unless it's another fake) @Barryowen4634

The truth is Mark, he’ll never stop because it’s obvious he has nothing else in his life. Even when/if we get new owners and he’s not involved in any capacity- he’ll still have arguments with himself about Latics. If you take the emotion out of it, it’s a very sad way to spend your twilight years. 

On 3/21/2022 at 11:15 AM, Dave_Og said:

I don't do twitter and every time I see an example of what's on there my decision is validated.

If the user leaves Twitter unfiltered and unmanaged it is a toxic shit-scape doomscroll, otherwise it can be tailored to exactly the way you want it to. There are some great communities and groups that share quality content.

Twitter is what you want it to be I guess.

On 3/21/2022 at 12:13 PM, TheBigDog said:

Did I hear this correctly…

Inference by Matt that Couto and Vaughan are not being given much game time due to interest from Burnley?

😮

I'd be very surprised at that. Weren't we told by everyone that Sheridan wouldn't put up with nonsense like that?

And besides, Vaughan started at Walsall and Couto has been kept out of the team by arguably our strongest performer since Sheridan arrived...

On 3/22/2022 at 3:12 PM, LaticMark said:

That was 2 days ago. He's now @bazza6789 - at least I think it's him!!

• Bender unfeatured this topic

Archived